AFL Club
Sydney
Round One kicks off this weekend ...

Central Australia vs. St Marys @ Traeger Park
Nightcliff vs. Wanderers @ Nightcliff Oval
Palmerston vs. Darwin @ Northline Oval
Waratah vs. Banks @ Gardens Oval
Southern Districts vs Tiwi Bombers @ Norbuilt Oval
ANY NEWS ON WHO HAS IMPROVED OR WHO HAS GONE DOWN HILL?

JDC!

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
As expected most teams are very optimistic about the upcoming season. There'll be a lot of interest surrounding how Banks and Central Australia go in their trial periods.

seanoff

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
St Mary's
too many teams and way too much travel. who is paying for all this. i know saints could probably pay their own way, but the rest??

JDC!

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Grant Weeks lining up for St Marys this week along with Xavier Clarke. Both obviously massive inclusions. Michael Doughty pulling on a Banks jumper this week too. Should be interesting.

seanoff

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
St Mary's
NIGHTCLIFF

def.

WANDERERS

18.15-123-7.11-53

SOUTHERN DISTRICTS

def. by

TIWI BOMBERS

16.11-107-15.21-111

CENTRAL AUSTRALIA

def.

ST MARYS

13.10-88-12.12-84

WARATAH

def.

BANKS

15.12-102-14.10-94

DARWIN

def. by

PALMERSTON

10.7-67-12.14-86​

JDC!

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Districts should have little trouble against Banks this week in the early game. The Central Australia v. Tiwi Bombers game will be much anticipated but for mine I think Tiwi will be too strong. St Marys face Nightcliff in a match where no doubt there will be a lot of feeling involved. Spewing I won't be playing. Waratahs have Buffs on Sunday while Palmerston take on Wanderers.

seanoff

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
St Mary's
Districts should have little trouble against Banks this week in the early game. (good call, Banks got blasted and Cupido kicked 11) The Central Australia v. Tiwi Bombers game will be much anticipated but for mine I think Tiwi will be too strong. (yep, altho Alice managed to kick like Hawthorn and would have been much closer) St Marys face Nightcliff in a match where no doubt there will be a lot of feeling involved. Spewing I won't be playing.(if there was any feeling Saints were the only ones feeling it, Nightcliff were dire, kicked as many as Buffs last week) Waratahs have Buffs on Sunday (buffs were better but according to the NT News Waratahs still weren't good) while Palmerston take on Wanderers.(wanderers won by 22 points)

did you know something JDC, i know Damian lost the group a bit last year and he definitely lost Labba but Saints really put Nightcliff to the sword. maybe a little of a statement?

Districts seem to have found one in Cupido, immensely talented and maybe the NTFL suits his commitment level.

be interesting to see how Tiwi deal with power forwards. Saints and Districts seem to have a range.

don't think Tahs are a threat, same with Palmo and Nightcliff who have been belted by saints and tiwi in successive weeks and Buffs *sigh.

JDC!

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
did you know something JDC, i know Damian lost the group a bit last year and he definitely lost Labba but Saints really put Nightcliff to the sword. maybe a little of a statement?

Districts seem to have found one in Cupido, immensely talented and maybe the NTFL suits his commitment level.

be interesting to see how Tiwi deal with power forwards. Saints and Districts seem to have a range.

don't think Tahs are a threat, same with Palmo and Nightcliff who have been belted by saints and tiwi in successive weeks and Buffs *sigh.

Yeah a disappointing effort from Nightcliff last night. There were plenty of personal issues amongst certain players and also a lot of stuff written on social media between players in this match so that's why I thought there'd be a few scuffles. Saints held their nerve and punished them on the scoreboard. Districts look good and Cupido will cause many headaches this year, especially with his deadly accurate kicking for goal. Tiwi will be good again, especially with a fit Simon Munkara on board. They'll probably recruit a defence from down south to combat the Districts and Saints big forwards. Tahs were shocking today, it was such an ordinary game to watch, I am covering the game for the NT News and it was a struggle to think of 350 words to say about it. Both sides were real young and the skill level was low. Couldn't be bothered watching the Wanderers v. Palmo game.

Ill Chicken

Premiership Player
Feb 6, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Browns, Redlegs, Eagles, Strike
Few big names are meant to be up here this weekend, I think a couple of former Cats playing for the Magpies and then Fevola is meant to be back for Tahs.

JDC!

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Few big names are meant to be up here this weekend, I think a couple of former Cats playing for the Magpies and then Fevola is meant to be back for Tahs.

Heard those Cats players were supposed to be playing next week against St Marys for Palmerston's 40th anniversary match. Could be wrong though.

seanoff

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
St Mary's
last week

Saints destroyed Southern Districts, Wanderers were beaten but put up a good show against Tiwi, Buffs beat Banks in a match that was of no quality at all, Alice Springs beat Nigthcliff, and Tahs got up over Palmerston .

normal service resumes this week with A/S and Banks banished. It's starting to look Saints and Tiwi then daylight to the next 5 and then several years of daylight to Buffs.

JDC!

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Christmas break ... St Marys flying at this stage of the season and should only get stronger from here with the inclusion of White, Ilett, Chapman and Weeks after xmas. In saying that, most other sides should also improve so it could be an interesting end to the season.

BTW Thirdmanup, Shaun Damon is playing for St Marys. Played mostly reserves so far but went reasonably well in the Premier League game against Buffaloes.

Back