NTFL 2012/13

Remove this Banner Ad

Christmas break ... St Marys flying at this stage of the season and should only get stronger from here with the inclusion of White, Ilett, Chapman and Weeks after xmas. In saying that, most other sides should also improve so it could be an interesting end to the season.

BTW Thirdmanup, Shaun Damon is playing for St Marys. Played mostly reserves so far but went reasonably well in the Premier League game against Buffaloes.

Saints cannot play that zone from the kick outs against Tiwi. he needs to adjust it to man on man. and the halfbacks can't push too far up the ground when in possession. the zone just gets ripped apart.

that being said, tiwi and saints have a lot of daylight between them and everyone else. nightcliff, wanderers and tahs are inconsistent, the cupidos are too reliant on him, if he gets injured. palmerston are gone, and buffs have improved, not difficult but are no danger to anyone.

Saints cannot play that zone from the kick outs against Tiwi. he needs to adjust it to man on man. and the halfbacks can't push too far up the ground when in possession. the zone just gets ripped apart.

that being said, tiwi and saints have a lot of daylight between them and everyone else. nightcliff, wanderers and tahs are inconsistent, the cupidos are too reliant on him, if he gets injured. palmerston are gone, and buffs have improved, not difficult but are no danger to anyone.

I reckon the zone is a lot more relaxed this year in comparison to last year. But yeah it is always risky playing a zone against the Tiwi Bombers because their foot skills and speed on the spread can hurt the opposition the other way.

Nightcliff apparently getting eight gun inclusions after Christmas and you'd expect Wanderers to continue the trend of the previous years but having a bunch of players come in to their side.

You're right Buffs have improved. They've had some gun players play for them this season in the VFL boys in Luke Clark and Mitch Church plus former AFL players Scott Simpson, Simon Buckley, Brodie Moles, Matt Campbell and co. Triple Magary medalist James Allan was a chance to play with them at one stage too. I guess they are in a similar position as Palmerston, who have had players like Prismall, Lovett, Proud, Dyson, Gamble etc. Lack depth, local talent across the board and that culture/winning mentality.

Ch
Christmas break ... St Marys flying at this stage of the season and should only get stronger from here with the inclusion of White, Ilett, Chapman and Weeks after xmas. In saying that, most other sides should also improve so it could be an interesting end to the season.

BTW Thirdmanup, Shaun Damon is playing for St Marys. Played mostly reserves so far but went reasonably well in the Premier League game against Buffaloes.
cheers for the update mate.

Saints and Tiwi looking the goods, what's the talk up north? We going to see a patented Wanderers post christmas run?

Who are the top 5 or so players up there this season?

Cupido I'd imagine?

Wilson, Kelm, Tungatalum, T Motlop, mcPharlaine all up there is imagine?

Also, how's Mosquito going? Saw a bit of him last season (AFLNTTV) and liked what I saw.

Made4September

Thunder still in negotiations with most of its squad but losing Dignan is a big loss.

Weird comp to determine who the better players are. Some of the blokes that have pulled on a jumper up here have come with massive reputations eg. Grant Weeks, Brent Prismall, Ricky Dyson, Simon Buckley etc. Some have performed well, others not so much. Cupido has definitely been the main guy this year though with over 100 goals already and favouritism for the Nichols Medal. Saints have led the way this year with blokes like Karl Lohde, Justin Wilson, Shannon Rioli and also Cam Ilett, Raph and Xavier Clarke. Noodles Macfarlane dominating as usual. Kelm is showing a bit in a fairly average Nightcliff team. Mosquito hasn't played too much this season but you're right he's pretty talented. Most of the Tiwi boys are going pretty good still.

Saints deservedly pretty strong favourites for the flag at this point with Tiwi not far behind. Wanderers will make a charge before Christmas with players like the Motlops, Dunne, Vassal, Cook, Djerrkura, Sansbury (?). Southern Districts likewise with a pretty star-studded side but still a bit behind Saints and Bombers in my opinion.

Relton when fit is an absolute gun, agreed. But yeah playing in the division one still. Don't like his chances of coming back in either but wait and see I guess.

Made4September

Thunder still in negotiations with most of its squad but losing Dignan is a big loss.

Weird comp to determine who the better players are. Some of the blokes that have pulled on a jumper up here have come with massive reputations eg. Grant Weeks, Brent Prismall, Ricky Dyson, Simon Buckley etc. Some have performed well, others not so much. Cupido has definitely been the main guy this year though with over 100 goals already and favouritism for the Nichols Medal. Saints have led the way this year with blokes like Karl Lohde, Justin Wilson, Shannon Rioli and also Cam Ilett, Raph and Xavier Clarke. Noodles Macfarlane dominating as usual. Kelm is showing a bit in a fairly average Nightcliff team. Mosquito hasn't played too much this season but you're right he's pretty talented. Most of the Tiwi boys are going pretty good still.

Saints deservedly pretty strong favourites for the flag at this point with Tiwi not far behind. Wanderers will make a charge before Christmas with players like the Motlops, Dunne, Vassal, Cook, Djerrkura, Sansbury (?). Southern Districts likewise with a pretty star-studded side but still a bit behind Saints and Bombers in my opinion.
Where has Dignan gone? Is a gun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tiwi can't try to match them in the air, need to run them off their feet... Rocco, savage, rupert, dion tippa and the likes hold the key... They fire, tiwi can win...

That said, if Weeks and McPharlane, inert, rioli, all fire, yibbida yibbida...

Not much happening on here, does anyone still read this?

If so, do Tiwi have any chance to beat Saints this weekend?
Even if Tippa is playing, the Saints have almost pulled off an undefeated season and look unstoppable.

Yeah not much action on the NT board, most of the discussion is on other places like Twitter and Facebook and stuff.

Tiwi can beat St Marys but will need to play at their best and avoid any concentration lapses. St Marys are a solid, professional outfit and should get the job done, otherwise it'll be a massive disappointment.

congrats JDC a premiership coach.

542660_10151789772073272_1839191188_n.jpg

Well done saints in the League Grand Final. Very even 1st Qtr, Tiwi blasted Saints in the second, Saints got back into it after an X Clarke screamer in the 3rd and then overran the tiwis in the last qtr to win by 31 points.

Great game to watch,for the most part anyway.

Where was that X Clarke at St Kilda?!!?

Thought Munkara was great for Tiwi, Tungatalum and Height both also impressive, but Willy Rioli just set it alight up forward for the Saints, and was my pick for the medal.

I can see why Weeksy isn't a fan of going to far from the Farm in Colbo, nothing seemed to go right up in darwin (except for his bags against the Buffs)

Was Albert Tippa reported for the high hit in the (i think it was) 2nd quarter?

Great game to watch,for the most part anyway. i enjoyed it after about 1 minute into the 3rd qtr

Where was that X Clarke at St Kilda?!!? injured unfortunately and probably playing in a system he didn't like. that was bloody good mark in the 3rd qtr.

Thought Munkara was great for Tiwi, Tungatalum and Height both also impressive, but Willy Rioli just set it alight up forward for the Saints, and was my pick for the medal. Tandogac was very good, as was Ryan Smith

I can see why Weeksy isn't a fan of going to far from the Farm in Colbo, nothing seemed to go right up in darwin (except for his bags against the Buffs) needs to get used to the closing speed i think. some of those players are very quick when closing and the ball is quite wet from about 5mins into the 3rd qtr.

Was Albert Tippa reported for the high hit in the (i think it was) 2nd quarter? yep

how was the stream?

Thanks seanoff, the U12 premiership meant a lot to me. Bit jealous of the seniors boys at Saints though, I'd love nothing more than a Premier League flag. Something to strive for I guess and looking forward to pre-season.

St Marys are such a mentally strong football team. They looked to be in a losing position a number of times during that match but refused to quit. Tandogac got a stack of the footy and was in my top couple of players, as was X Clarke. Willy Rioli is absolutely elite around the goals and tonight was no exception.

Rocco (first half), Puruntatameri, Dion Munkara and Narby Kelly I thought tried hard for Tiwi and did good things. Darcy Barden kicked woefully in front of goal for most of the night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back