NTFL/NTFA Thread 2008/2009

Opening round of the NTFL this weekend

SOUTHERN DISTRICTS 20.8.138 (Ashley Wedding 12)
DARWIN 14.12.96

TIWI 19.15.126
WARATAHS 17.12.114

NIGHTCLIFF 14.12.96
WANDERERS 12.8.80

Don't have the result of tonight's game between St.Mary's and Palmerston.

seanoff

Mar 12, 2007
Darwin
GWS
St Mary's
don't have scores to hand

Tiwi defeated Wanderers by about 10 goals

Palmerston d Buffs by around 2 goals, trailled very late in the games

Saints def Tahs by 25 points, pretty comfortable win, led by around 40 at 3/4 time

Districts def Nightcliff by 2 points after trailing all day and it was 16 pts at 3/4 time

saw the Tahs v Saints and Palmerston v Buffs games.

Palmerston and Buffs look a class or 3 below Saints/Waratahs. Going by other results i would expect Wanderers to fight it out with Buffs/Palmerston. Tiwi look strong again.

Districts/Nightcliff look somewhere between the top3 and the bottom 3.

seanoff

Mar 12, 2007
Darwin
GWS
St Mary's
from the weekend

Saints d Buffs by 106pts

Tiwi d Nightcliff by about 3 goals, after trailing all game (Nightcliff do not know how to win and Tiwi are playing with fire by trailing in games)

Palmerston d Wanderers in a close game, Wanderers came home with a rush

Tahs and Districts drew in a game neither team seemed to want to win.

in the next few weeks Tiwi, Saints and Districts all play each other. will get some idea from here

Saints have a new coach from the this week on - Merv Neagle (Ess, Syd)
Districts are planning to lose Mago in the next few weeks to the QAFL side

Nt Bomber

Nov 9, 2004
Darwin
Essendon/Manly
NTFA is actually TEAFA....

The TEAFA umpires carnival was on the weekend, do you have the winners for both grades?

Banks won A grade and Jabiru won Bs

Season
A grade
Round 1

Tracy beat University
PINT beat Banks

Round 2

Tracy Village beat Banks
PINT beat University

Oct 17, 2007
Preston
A mate and I are coming to Darwin for ~2 weeks for Xmas to see some family. We both would be keen to have a kick for the couple of weeks we're there. Anyone know of any NTFL clubs that would let us have a kick?

I'm not up there at the moment but I have heard from a mate that all NTFL clubs are struggling for numbers in the Reserves. I'm not sure if that is entirely true as I can't imagine Saints being short and Waratahs always have good numbers. You might get lucky at Wanderers but if the clubs know you are only there for 2 weeks they might not be that keen. With xmas being on a Thursday there should be games all through xmas and new years.

I have heard all TEAFA clubs have good numbers but that comp usually stops for a week or two over xmas.

Good luck and be careful - I went there for "a few weeks" and stayed 10 years.

It is God's own country the Top End.

Toffees25

Rookie
Aug 14, 2007

Depends if ya can play or not! if you go alright i reckon any club would give you a game! Best thing you could do would just rock up at training and have a run around at training and go from there! I rate palmerston pretty high as a club!

seanoff

Mar 12, 2007
Darwin
GWS
St Mary's
Not watering our own gardens, but I reckon we'd go alright. Would be there from the 18th Dec - 29th Dec. Who should we speak to?

you are here for 1 game, tbh most clubs will not be interested playing you in the 1s. unless you are an AFL listed player or just off an AFL list there might be some interest in getting you qualified for finals but that would require at least 4 games.

reserves, who knows, but reserves games are played at very unsociable times of the day. (ie when it's really staggeringly oppressively hot as opposed to just oppressively hot)

JDC!

Jan 14, 2005
Not watering our own gardens, but I reckon we'd go alright. Would be there from the 18th Dec - 29th Dec. Who should we speak to?

Where abouts in Darwin are you going to be located at? Waratah Football Club are a great club and are located in the city.

There is also the TEAFA competition. Teams will give you a run even if it is only one game.

Oct 17, 2007
Preston
We'll be in town I think. We're not AFL-listed players but have played some pretty good footy.

Anyway, if anyone wants to speak to us about having a kick, let me know.

seanoff

Mar 12, 2007
Darwin
GWS
St Mary's
in other news

mick mclean will coach the nt side in the qafl comp. (what a shock!!!)

saints have signed heath black (freo, st kilda)

and todays saints v tiwi game was an absolute cracker, close all day, fast, really good standard of footy. saints eventually won by 26 but it was in doubt until about 20mins into the last qtr. 1 point at half time. well worth the money.

the wanderers v buffs game after was not of the same std. no idea who won yet.

JDC!

Jan 14, 2005
Palmerston defeated Southern Districts in a huge upset. Ewing kicked eight goals and the returning Peter Shepherd booted seven goal, four of them came in the first quarter.

Waratah came from behind to beat Nightcliff in a high scoring match winning, 26.16 (172) to Nightcliff's 15.6 (96).

McCleanMagic

Feb 28, 2007
Western Victoria
Is the Darren Ewing that is playing up their from Penshurst in Victoria? How is he going is he playing full forward? Any other players up their from western victoria other that dave o;sulliven?

seanoff

Mar 12, 2007
Darwin
GWS
St Mary's
Tahs d Buffs by just on 2 goals

Tiwi d Districts, again by 2 goals

Saints d Wanderers, i have no idea of the score, but saints were up by nearly 100 points in the 3rd qtr so i assume they won

Nightcliff have another chance to fail spectacularly when they play palmerston.

tucker

Dec 8, 2005
wantirna sth
melbourne
I am intrested in a player who played up there in 07/08 his name is Courtney Foulds, he played in the ruck can anyone give me details height, skills etc, did he have a good season.

JDC!

Jan 14, 2005
I am intrested in a player who played up there in 07/08 his name is Courtney Foulds, he played in the ruck can anyone give me details height, skills etc, did he have a good season.

He played for Waratah last season. Not particularly tall but quite solid and tough. The grounds in the Northern Territory didn't suit him, especially TIO Stadium which is a very big ground. He was a serviceable player in a team that got thrashed in the grand final. Hope that helps.

tucker

Dec 8, 2005
wantirna sth
melbourne
He played for Waratah last season. Not particularly tall but quite solid and tough. The grounds in the Northern Territory didn't suit him, especially TIO Stadium which is a very big ground. He was a serviceable player in a team that got thrashed in the grand final. Hope that helps.

Thanks, I was told he was 196cm can you confirm that, he was listed on the West Perth List in 04 as 190cm would have been only 18 then may have grown.

JDC!

Jan 14, 2005
Thanks, I was told he was 196cm can you confirm that, he was listed on the West Perth List in 04 as 190cm would have been only 18 then may have grown.

I'm not really sure to be honest. Put it this way, he is more of a body on body type ruckman rather than a jumping ruckman. If I were to guess his height I would say about 194cm maybe...

golden state

Mar 4, 2008
Heaven
Man City, Canberra
Hi Guys!
With the NT Team to be named next month is there anyone that might want to put in a squad who they think will make the team?

Cheers!:thumbsu: