NTFL/NTFA Thread 2008/2009

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a new follower of NTFL and so offer no expertise but I will be hoping for an upset win from the Wanderers tomorrow as I have a mate from Vic playing for them. Just a note to those outside the Top End you can listen to the GF live if you stream it through ABC Darwin. Gold for the southern football fan to be able to listen to a top level GF in March. Get's you pumped right up for the season ahead down this way.

I am a new follower of NTFL and so offer no expertise but I will be hoping for an upset win from the Wanderers tomorrow as I have a mate from Vic playing for them. Just a note to those outside the Top End you can listen to the GF live if you stream it through ABC Darwin. Gold for the southern football fan to be able to listen to a top level GF in March. Get's you pumped right up for the season ahead down this way.

Also on Sunday the Tiwi Grand Final is live nationally on ABC 1.

they would be more of a chance if adam prior was playing. Don't think they will win but anything can happen on the day.
wanderers will get smashed in the a grade and b grade by over ten goals in both games,you can put your house on it.i saw eagles upset saints in the 92 boilover but wont happen again. On the subject of prior:plays all year and is the sides focal point up forward and as soon as finals are on does a runner and wont return the clubs phone calls-leaves his girlfriend to do the talking-top bloke real team man.

hi guys,
can anyone give any info on cameron thyer? played with wanderers and ended up up leaving last week, even though both a & b's made it the gf....
Any info would be appreicated...

hi guys,
can anyone give any info on cameron thyer? Played with wanderers and ended up up leaving last week, even though both a & b's made it the gf....
Any info would be appreicated...
got dropped from the a grade after the first final played ok in the b grade the next week but didnt get the call up so cracked the sh#ts jumped in his car and shot through.

I don't know Cameron Thyer but from what I have heard, he is a bit ... different. Has been a reasonable player for Wanderers over the last couple of years but no star, which has been proven considering he hasn't been picked in their grand final sides. I'm almost positive he has been at a couple of different clubs in Darwin before Wanderers. They call him Egor.

As for the grand finals. Saints should beat Wanderers fairly easily in the A-grade but wouldn't surprise me if they upset them. You wouldn't think so but they seem to match up pretty well and they have a classy side. They would be better if they had Prior playing and probably don't have the best backline.

It wouldn't surprise me if Waratah beat Wanderers by 20 goals in the reserves.

Well done to St. Mary's.

Looks like the Superstars have got up in the Island clash.

Well done to all, and I heard on the TV that there will be a dry season comp on the Islands. Lucky buggers footy all year round!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be an interesting season. All teams have appointed coaches with the exception of the Tiwi Bombers.

Southern Districts have Glenelgs reserve grade coach Michael Godden. Brenton Toy has left Tiwi and gone to St Marys. Waratahs have appointed Lincoln Withers with Chris Williams as his assistant. Palmerston have Russell Jeffreys back, Wanderers Paul Motlop Nightcliff Mark Motlop and Darwin Steven Stokes.

Havent heard of any potential recruits but should be an interesting season as NT Thunder players can only play so many games for their clubs not sure exactly how it works.

Should be an interesting season. All teams have appointed coaches with the exception of the Tiwi Bombers.

Southern Districts have Glenelgs reserve grade coach Michael Godden. Brenton Toy has left Tiwi and gone to St Marys. Waratahs have appointed Lincoln Withers with Chris Williams as his assistant. Palmerston have Russell Jeffreys back, Wanderers Paul Motlop Nightcliff Mark Motlop and Darwin Steven Stokes.

Havent heard of any potential recruits but should be an interesting season as NT Thunder players can only play so many games for their clubs not sure exactly how it works.

Ex St Marys assistant coach Karl Gundersen will coach Tiwi Bombers

Went past Wanderers training at Tiwi Oval on Friday night and was supprised to see the amount of players on the track. Good sign for nthe up-coming season. Was also good to see Ruckman Brad Stephensen back after 2 years away from a knee reco.

Any noteable ins for any teams so far? Interested to see how Palmerston go this year.

Warren Berto has signed on at Palmerston, Should be a few more arriving with Mark Tyrell! Heard a little rumour John Bonson is heading over to Wanderers which will be interesting!

Warren Berto has signed on at Palmerston, Should be a few more arriving with Mark Tyrell! Heard a little rumour John Bonson is heading over to Wanderers which will be interesting!

Heard that as well. Not looking good for Nightcliff so far. Heard former Southern Districts ruckman Troy Parker was training out at Nightcliff. Tahs and Districts look to have strong numbers early.

Heard that as well. Not looking good for Nightcliff so far. Heard former Southern Districts ruckman Troy Parker was training out at Nightcliff. Tahs and Districts look to have strong numbers early.

Doesn't suprise me Troy Parker is looking for a new club as he was on the fringe at Districts last year and playing out of position in the Ruck! For someone who prolly only stands 183cm he did ok! My knowledge is that he played up forward in NSW!

Look to see Waratahs collecting there usuall 15-20 players from country Vic aswell!

From what i hear it is Mark Motlop, Has to be something more than that surley?[/QUOTE

Berto's lives out in Palmerston, and rumors of him were going Wanderers and Saints along with maggies. would be interesting to see how they go this year with RJ back coaching them.

Bonson's getting a little older as well and wants to play in a Premiership... Shannon Motlop has a lot to do with that as well, Wanderers could be in for a another good season. they've gotten back Ruckman forward Brad Stephenson also from Injury/Gove

I think Robbie Campbell is playing on because he's 4-5 games away from playing 200 games. Nightcliff will struggle judging by whats left of them...possibly a younger side then Darwin Buffaloes!!! it could be a while before they even see a GF... although they've added Parker, they've now lost Berto, Bonson, possibly A. Motlop, Kickett, Marty Smith, D. Roe, Emblem to Thunder... haven't heard much from their fly in recruits. dark days ahead at Tiger land

From what i hear it is Mark Motlop, Has to be something more than that surley?[/QUOTE

Berto's lives out in Palmerston, and rumors of him were going Wanderers and Saints along with maggies. would be interesting to see how they go this year with RJ back coaching them.

Bonson's getting a little older as well and wants to play in a Premiership... Shannon Motlop has a lot to do with that as well, Wanderers could be in for a another good season. they've gotten back Ruckman forward Brad Stephenson also from Injury/Gove

I think Robbie Campbell is playing on because he's 4-5 games away from playing 200 games. Nightcliff will struggle judging by whats left of them...possibly a younger side then Darwin Buffaloes!!! it could be a while before they even see a GF... although they've added Parker, they've now lost Berto, Bonson, possibly A. Motlop, Kickett, Marty Smith, D. Roe, Emblem to Thunder... haven't heard much from their fly in recruits. dark days ahead at Tiger land

I think your spot on there mate, Its looks like a dark time ahead for the Tigers.How do you think Brad Stephenson will go after a couple of seasons away? Is he a possible Thunder recruit?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back