NTFL Season 2010/2011 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

i agree,saints do not win by fluke,they are usually by far the best team in the comp,im just saying that their gun players are so good and there is that many of them that they can afford to play/carry local blokes who are not quite as good as some of the guys who come up from south.
Being a mexican (south of the border) and not all that familiar with NTFL could you answer a couple of questions?

• How did Courtney Johns and Ned Daniher perform last week for the Bombers?
  • Who do you rate as top 3 players for Saints?
  • Who will win the GF?
Cheers

Ned was very average in a couple of the day games because of the heat but played well last week under lights,johns goes ok giving the tiwis a target but i heard he was carried off with a leg injury last night,saints best 3 are culpitt,lhode and the little tiwi islander ross tung- (cant spell the rest) and saints will bolt the grang final in,they play wanderers who will be too sore after a bruising one point victory over the tiwi island bombers last night.

hey does anyone know a bloke from sporties spitfires? name is darius plummer?

He came up to Darwin in 98 and played a few games for Saints.

Last I saw him was in a pub in Tennant Creek on my way back from the 2001 AFL GF and according to locals that is where he spent most of his time. That is a long time ago though.

Gday guys i was just wondering if anyone could help me out here im from country victoria and we are very keen to chase a gun CHB from the Darwin league for our footy season, i know we are leaving it late but were just wondering if anyone can give us some names of the gun centre half backs in the NT comp, we are in the Bendigo League its a super competition we have plenty of work to offer and some good money for the right player, any names would be much appreciated? thanks boys

Gday guys i was just wondering if anyone could help me out here im from country victoria and we are very keen to chase a gun CHB from the Darwin league for our footy season, i know we are leaving it late but were just wondering if anyone can give us some names of the gun centre half backs in the NT comp, we are in the Bendigo League its a super competition we have plenty of work to offer and some good money for the right player, any names would be much appreciated? thanks boys

Hayden Williams - Wanderers

Yep, you little beauty!!

But it wasn't an upset tho, it was never in doubt...

You must be a true Eagle Jabsy!

I'm a Banks man myself so very disappointed but happy for the ressies.

Should be a huge year for ntfl this year,nightcliff palmy and waratahs should improve heaps,saints ,wanderers , tiwi and districts will be strong as usual with buffs up against it. Wadeye will play half a season in div 1 and join katherine in premier league for the 2012/13 season.uni have dropped out of div 1 and will only field a team in div 2.

this will not happen!!! Saints don't win by fluke, the club is ruthless both externally and internally. if the match committee have the slightest doubt about a player, they will not play.

Hilarious.

Olympic will likely be affiliated with Nightcliff. It will be interesting to see how that pans out as Olympic have generally been too good for their competition level, and not able to elevate, and Nightcliff ressies have been carp.

Generally, the comp seems more organised than last year's shambles.

Numbers, I'm led to believe, have been good across all clubs for this time of year, which bodes well.

Hilarious.

Olympic will likely be affiliated with Nightcliff. It will be interesting to see how that pans out as Olympic have generally been too good for their competition level, and not able to elevate, and Nightcliff ressies have been carp.

Generally, the comp seems more organised than last year's shambles.

Numbers, I'm led to believe, have been good across all clubs for this time of year, which bodes well.

Freo huh, that finals powerhouse.:p:rolleyes:

The discussion was whether saints would play injured players or old favs.

They did niether and got beaten, this happens, quite regularly. They had a bad day. But they didn't have a bad day because of playing favourites.

Now back to school and brush up on comprehension, it seems lacking.

I expect them to be down in 2012 because the starting midfield play for nt thunder and will not really be available. However they'll be ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They did play some favourites/relatives and lost,but wanderers did play above themselves and had a night out,i find it amusing that a couple of fringe players who were carried to a couple of flags by saints have spat the dummy and gone to other clubs cause they were dropped for last years granny, doesnt show much character.

That happens every year and is the risk clubs run for playing ring ins and anyone else who isn't around the club for the season.

There's nothing more deflating for players to be dropped for finals. That's why we play.

that happens every year and is the risk clubs run for playing ring ins and anyone else who isn't around the club for the season.

There's nothing more deflating for players to be dropped for finals. That's why we play.
true but after playing in premierships for a team and then getting dropped for a granny what shows more spirit: Coming back twice as hard next season or grabbing your bat and ball and shooting through?

true but after playing in premierships for a team and then getting dropped for a granny what shows more spirit: Coming back twice as hard next season or grabbing your bat and ball and shooting through?

It depends. Because top end footy is a bit different. Players move more than they do elsewhere. They're also likely to not be here for as long.

If you're a local and 20, it's a bit different to being an outsider and moving here at 25. A lot of Saints players have come from elsewhere, and some prefer a more social environment. It's just not a simple answer when half of your mates might be playing at a different club. It's the same reason how the old TEAFA clubs used to get some strangely good players.

It's a tough one for clubs. It's always a balance between keeping new talent coming through and not losing players, and sometimes short term success. And the premier league clubs are stuck between the cultures of, and aiming for low level professional club footy and on the other hand social footy.

So none of these are easy answers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back