NTFL - TEAFA set to merge.

Remove this Banner Ad

It still may not happen.

If it were to happen, it has its good points and bad points.

The merge is off the table. A verry reliable source tells me that TEAFA A grade comp this year will have Combined Services back and a team put in by NTFL side Waratahs

The merge is off the table. A verry reliable source tells me that TEAFA A grade comp this year will have Combined Services back and a team put in by NTFL side Waratahs

A Waratah C Grade in A grade TEAFA?

Very interesting...

Why can't we just have a system where it is smooth as to be released between NTFL and TEAFA clubs?

I don't get why it is different to the WAFL and the WAAFL set up for instance, where if you don't get picked for the ressies, you can go and play with your amateur club.

Why can't we just have a system where it is smooth as to be released between NTFL and TEAFA clubs?

I don't get why it is different to the WAFL and the WAAFL set up for instance, where if you don't get picked for the ressies, you can go and play with your amateur club.

Because there is no affiliation between TEAFA clubs and NTFL clubs.

And there isn't between WAFL clubs and WAAFL clubs either.

So what's your point?

But the WAFL and the WAAFL are affiliated and the WAAFL are amateurs.

NTFL/AFLNT have always hated the NTFA/TEAFA and neither comp in the top end is amateur.

I cant understand why waratahs registered players cant play for either league as long as they only play one game per weekend.it would be good for tahs good for tefa and good for players who want a kick.tefa 'officials' are paranoid that tahs would stack their tefa side with stars:NEWSFLASH the main objective is their A grade followed by B grade u18s u16s etc their tefa side is just for guys who are missing out on a kick,the short sightedness and narrow mindness of some people who are full of their own importance will be the end of the league especially with combined services a week by week proposition-i have heard that after all the crap tefa have dished up to waratahs and made it hard for them in every way there is no chance of them putting a side in next year-which the people who have a conflict of intrest will be rapt about.

I cant understand why waratahs registered players cant play for either league as long as they only play one game per weekend.it would be good for tahs good for tefa and good for players who want a kick.tefa 'officials' are paranoid that tahs would stack their tefa side with stars:NEWSFLASH the main objective is their A grade followed by B grade u18s u16s etc their tefa side is just for guys who are missing out on a kick,the short sightedness and narrow mindness of some people who are full of their own importance will be the end of the league especially with combined services a week by week proposition-i have heard that after all the crap tefa have dished up to waratahs and made it hard for them in every way there is no chance of them putting a side in next year-which the people who have a conflict of intrest will be rapt about.

Waratahs knew the rules (which they had agreed to before the season started) and broke them against Uni by playing ineligible under 18 players. When TEAFA enforced the rules that ALL clubs had agreed on, Tahs cracked it and pulled their side against Banks in the next round. After which both parties had a sit down and modified the rules to assist Tahs, by letting some under 18 players to play 2 games a week.

All TEAFA did was police the rules, Tahs officials acted like children and pulled a side full of young players read for a kick on Sunday because they go caught with their hand in the cookie jar. To add to that they ran to the paper and pissed on the association for doing what every league in the country would have done in the same situation.

[/font] waratahs knew the rules (which they had agreed to before the season started) and broke them against uni by playing ineligible under 18 players. When teafa enforced the rules that all clubs had agreed on, tahs cracked it and pulled their side against banks in the next round. After which both parties had a sit down and modified the rules to assist tahs, by letting some under 18 players to play 2 games a week.

all teafa did was police the rules, tahs officials acted like children and pulled a side full of young players read for a kick on sunday because they go caught with their hand in the cookie jar. To add to that they ran to the paper and pissed on the association for doing what every league in the country would have done in the same situation.
'caught with their hand in the cookie jar'!!!!they played two u18 boys who werent good enough to get a game but due to school holiday absentees sat on the bench friday night to feel part of the team.'ran to the paper'!!!! One of the ineligble players works for the nt news (and played with tahs for the last ten years)of course he will report this rubbish-football public is intrested in this sort of bias and small mindedness.

[/font] waratahs knew the rules (which they had agreed to before the season started) and broke them against uni by playing ineligible under 18 players. When teafa enforced the rules that all clubs had agreed on, tahs cracked it and pulled their side against banks in the next round. After which both parties had a sit down and modified the rules to assist tahs, by letting some under 18 players to play 2 games a week.

all teafa did was police the rules, tahs officials acted like children and pulled a side full of young players read for a kick on sunday because they go caught with their hand in the cookie jar. To add to that they ran to the paper and pissed on the association for doing what every league in the country would have done in the same situation.
'acted like children and pulled their side'!!!!tahs had 1400$ of suspended fines hanging over them for playing tahs players who werent registered to the tefa 'standard' no one from the league could be bothered talking to them before the game to let them know what was going on so they pulled out for moral and financial reasons.'pissed on the association'!!!!the association put its head up its backside and wet itself.'doing what every league in the country would have done'!!!!you need to get out and see how a proper league is ran.the only thing waratahs are guilty of is thinking that in encouraging people to play footy there would be a degree of fairness and commonsense and they got neither.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they played two u18 boys who werent good enough to get a game but due to school holiday absentees sat on the bench friday night to feel part of the team..

That's not true. At least three of the U18 boys that played for Tahs in the TEAFA against University were in the U18s best side. Whether you agree with it or not, the simple fact is that Waratah broke the rules that were given to them and all the other Association clubs and hence were stripped of four premiership points.

Waratahs should not have agreed to the rules in the first place. Personally I would like to see any Waratah player eligible to play TEAFA if they haven't played NTFL same weekend.

Competition needs Tahs as it is very predictable at the moment with PINTs dominating and Banks beating the rest.

If Tahs drop out next season it goes back to a four and a half team comp with Services forfeiting a few games every Xmas.

I have it on good authourity that waratahs might pull their tefa side for the rest of the season due to rules and bylaws which make it impossible to play their registered players after xmas,with combined services not having a team for the next two weeks its a bit of a shambles.

But the WAFL and the WAAFL are affiliated and the WAAFL are amateurs.

NTFL/AFLNT have always hated the NTFA/TEAFA and neither comp in the top end is amateur.

I understand this, but the end result is the absolutely ridiculous situation we have now.

We have half a Pints side good enough to play NTFL ressies, but can't be arsed because they just want a guaranteed kick each weekend. The result being a rooted competition.

So what happens to the guys in and out if the NTFL ressies?

It's a farce of a system. It should be just how it is in every other part of Australia. Can't play ressies, then you get released to your other club. Problem solved. And by the way, just because the WAAFL says it's amateur, does not mean by a long shot that it is.

That's how it SHOULD be after the merger, for every TEAFA side, but Tahs did know the rules before they joined up this season.

As it stands now, and how it sounds, they will effectively be culling one grade of football up here, so most of the TEAFA Tahs players will no longer be able to get a game anywhere, anyway.

The whole situation has become far far more complicated then it needs to be, especially when there are a couple of really easy solutions to the problems.

I mean, teams like Jabiru will be lucky to score a point throughout the whole season if it's strucutured the way it sounds like NTAFL want it.

In the end, Aussie Rules is the biggest loser out of all of this.

They should try and affilate a TEAFA side with a NTFL side so anyone who cant get a NTFL game plays for that TEAFA.
Put the strongest NTFL with weakest TEAFA side from the previous year, or kep the affilation going each year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back