Number 40 - Matthew DeBoer (Pick 19 2008 RD)

Remove this Banner Ad

Was sent to Wirrpanda after half-time. Shut him completely out of the game. Very solid game at HF with some run through the middle.

My new woman has a thing for De Boer, and so do I, so I have to sort of contain the love.

But, I think it's fair to say that, and like I've always said:

De Boer >>>>>>>>>>>>> Rich.

Absolute gun. Hard as nails, full of niggle. 2 on 1 is not beyond his dexterity in a wrestle.

Love him. :thumbsu:

With the traitor gone is nice to have another mid not afraid of the rough stuff. Likes to ruffle a few feathers judging by the few games ive seen of him live. Happy times :)

Great debut game :thumbsu:

Full of heart and spirit, great in a negating role.

I'm loving our first year's at the moment :)

Loved the way he threw himself in and wasn't afraid to get hurt.

And the niggle was good too.:thumbsu: I think it surprised a couple of Eagles that he was so willing at the contest.

Was good to see DeBoer and Hilly niggling with the two Egurl players. Great to see our youngsters not takin any carp from the egurl clowns.

Was good to see DeBoer and Hilly niggling with the two Egurl players. Great to see our youngsters not takin any carp from the egurl clowns.
I loved it how they both tried to run away... and he just stood there holding them, with that, "you aint going anywhere, sunshines" look in his face.

Priceless. :thumbsu:

Massively impressed with his in your face attitude yesterday. I've watched him in the WAFL but I didn't realise he had that aggro niggling side to his game.

He's going to be a very handy addition considering we've lost most of our annoying, niggling bastards over the last couple of years. Can never have too many guys like that in the team.

I'm becoming more and more impressed with our last draft as the season goes on.

Possible he may get a few moments on Judd as an oportunity to run with one of the elite of the competition.

These two fellas have joined the Rhys Palmer school of "I used to barrack for them, but my eyes have been opened and I now realise what a bunch of ****wits and tossers they all are... What was I thinking??" ;)

Love your toe Matty - you will fast become truly beloved of the Purple Horde - you little beauty! :thumbsu:

(Did I not say way back in January that DeBoer would be the biggest steal of the 2008 draft. I stand by that comment 100%. Clancee will be the second biggest steal... ;))

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like a handy player.

1 thing that stood out also is he isnt a quite player early in the game johnson was free in the pocket about to take the mark.
An you could see Deboer yelling letting him know hes clear to mark it, thats good stuff from a 1st gamer normally there so nervous an only worried about there own game.

Massively impressed with his in your face attitude yesterday. I've watched him in the WAFL but I didn't realise he had that aggro niggling side to his game.
When I went down to Moss St. I saw him engage in a half wrestle with Staker and Kennedy behind play.

Has absolutely no qualms about taking on people bigger than him...

was bored so finally got around to watching a replay of the 2007 U18 WA vs Vic Metro final (have a downloaded copy).

Just confirming comments above, DeBoer's kicking was truly shocking. 30m set shot out and went left by 15m and short :)

Would be documented in archives, most in WA team progressed to AFL. Palmer got leather poisoning with +30 and 5 goals. McGinnity smashed up Cotchin. Luke Sampi and Gourdis looked ok.Pears was a tall mid in u17 so has clearly grown a bit. Masten could actually kick, but so could Polak in juniors. WA slaughtered Vic and would have been more if not for Kreuzer.

Okay, has his kicking improved from last year then???

His kicking has improved out of sight.

His pass to Murphy on the lead in the 2nd against Carlton was great.

Yes.

Without a doubt. Couldn't hit a barn door last year, but seems to be a fantastic kick to a lead this year.

Is becoming another choice as first receiver from the tap outs, which suits him just fine.

Has great hands, really strong above his head, looks for any excuse to initiate body contact and still runs like a miniature Silvagni.

All is good in the world of my buddy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back