NXT Discussion Thread (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought they taped everything up until the next special? Maybe Steen will appear on that show?

I think so too, they're down to be back at Full Sail (where they do TV tapings) on the 12th, and Takeover 3 is on the 11th, so you'd say his arrival is pretty imminent.

Because Emma is dull and boring.

That may be so but she is one of the best female wrestlers in the WWE and she is on the main roster. You don't have someone on the main roster job to someone in their 2nd match.

That may be so but she is one of the best female wrestlers in the WWE and she is on the main roster.

Yeah, and her skills might be best served in making others look good.

You don't have someone on the main roster job to someone in their 2nd match.

You do if you intend to use them as a jobber, to make others look good and put them over.

Which other female face should they have used that would have both made Carmella look good?

Which other female face should they have used that would have both made Carmella look good?

They don't need to make her look good yet. Her story is that she has only just started to wrestle so she should be jobbing to start with for 3-4 matches and then build herself up before winning more consistently. She shouldn't be going over an established Diva on the main roster (unless it's Cameron) in just her 2nd match. Emma is a good enough wrestler to be able to make Carmella look good while still going over.

They don't need to make her look good yet. Her story is that she has only just started to wrestle so she should be jobbing to start with for 3-4 matches and then build herself up before winning more consistently. She shouldn't be going over an established Diva on the main roster (unless it's Cameron) in just her 2nd match. Emma is a good enough wrestler to be able to make Carmella look good while still going over.

Eh, I don't understand people's love affair with Emma, and I can see why they did what they did. I don't think it'll really matter long-term, but I don't think it'd do much for Carmela either just to lose right away once she faces someone non-generic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh, I don't understand people's love affair with Emma, and I can see why they did what they did. I don't think it'll really matter long-term, but I don't think it'd do much for Carmela either just to lose right away once she faces someone non-generic.

I'm convinced that, despite her awesome NXT run, none of us would give a s**t about Emma if she weren't Australian.

It doesn't change the fact that she's a damn good wrestler, and she's been managed the worst of all the NXT promotees.

I think Carmella is friggen green as grass, and beating Emma in her second match is one of those things that makes it hard to suspend disbelief given what we've seen of Emma in NXT. That said, I didn't mind it. Surely it's leading to something bigger for Emma.

And the heel turn/character change would be so easy too. She thought the crowd was having fun with her - when she got to Raw she realised that they'd all been laughing at her. Turns heel on the audience, perhaps following a tag match with a loved babyface like Natalya or Bayley, and just turns into the selfish bitch that we can all relate to (without her having to be the crazy diva, which is apparently the only female character that WWE knows.)

It's just unfortunate that the heel turn would have to happen in NXT, cos no one watching Raw would give a s**t. She's such a non-factor on Raw the heel turn would pale into insignificance. If she does do a heel turn on NXT, it almost "condemns" her back to the minor league for a few months to build up the new character.

I'm convinced that, despite her awesome NXT run, none of us would give a s**t about Emma if she weren't Australian.

It doesn't change the fact that she's a damn good wrestler, and she's been managed the worst of all the NXT promotees.

I think Carmella is friggen green as grass, and beating Emma in her second match is one of those things that makes it hard to suspend disbelief given what we've seen of Emma in NXT. That said, I didn't mind it. Surely it's leading to something bigger for Emma.

And the heel turn/character change would be so easy too. She thought the crowd was having fun with her - when she got to Raw she realised that they'd all been laughing at her. Turns heel on the audience, perhaps following a tag match with a loved babyface like Natalya or Bayley, and just turns into the selfish bitch that we can all relate to (without her having to be the crazy diva, which is apparently the only female character that WWE knows.)

It's just unfortunate that the heel turn would have to happen in NXT, cos no one watching Raw would give a s**t. She's such a non-factor on Raw the heel turn would pale into insignificance. If she does do a heel turn on NXT, it almost "condemns" her back to the minor league for a few months to build up the new character.

Heel turn her on RAW and then have her team up with Paige (an actual team not like she has been doing lately), gain a bit of heat and then face turn again and feud with Paige for the title.

Steen is coming.

Kevin Steen began filming promos and vignettes at the WWE Performance Center yesterday to build to his WWE NXT debut as Kevin Owens.
Steen will debut at the 12/11 December NXT special on the WWE Network or the NXT TV taping on 12/12. Both events are set for Full Sail Live in Winter Park, Florida.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/89331/kevin-steen-wwe-debut-update.html?p=1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back