NXT Discussion Thread (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

And here are the taping results for the 18th of March through to the 8th of April

3/18/15 (Episode 1)

Match 1) Finn Balor defeated Tye Dillinger via double stomp.

Tyler Breeze came on the screen and called Finn a flavor of the month.

Match 2) In a Triple Threat #1 contender’s match, Becky Lynch defeated Bayley and Charlotte when Charlotte had a Bridging Figure Four Leg Lock on Bayley and Becky made the cover on Bayley to score the win.

Match 3) Hideo Itami defeated CJ Parker with the Busaiku Knee.

Match 4) Rhyno squashed John Yurnet (Mr. 450) with a Gore.

Match 5) In a non-title match, Kevin Owens defeated Alex Riley with the pop-up powerbomb. The match was mostly one sides by Owens.

After, Owens set up Riley for the powerbomb on the apron until Sami Zayn ran down and attacked Owens. NXT Security tried to break them up. They pulled Owens away on the floor and Zayn went to the top rope and did a flip dive onto all of them on the floor. Owens made it the ramp/stage and he and Zayn stared each other down.

3/25/15 (Episode 2)

Match 1) Jason Jordan defeated Tye Dillinger with a T-bone Suplex.

Match 2) Bayley defeated Emma when Emma went for a pin and Bayley countered into a pin of her own.

After the match, Bayley walked out on Emma.

Match 3) In a non-title match, Blake & Murphy beat Sin Cara & Kalisto via a running Suplex by Murphy and a frog splash by Blake.

Sami Zayn came to the ring for a promo. He said it is good to be back. He mentioned being overseas in Abu Dahbi. He said the only thing on his mind while he was there was Kevin Owens. He realized that the Owens that he was in the ring with at Rival was not the same Owens as 2 to even 10 years ago both in the ring and as a person. He says he is going to use his rematch and recapture his NXT Championship and he will kick Kevin Owen’s ass.

Match 4) Rhyno squashed a jobber with the Gore.

After, Rhyno took a microphone. He said he came to NXT to make a statement. He wants the NXT Championship. He calls out Sami Zayn, Finn Balor, and Kevin Owens and he says it doesn’t matter which of them gets in his way because the end result will be the same with a “gore…gore…gore.”

Match 5) In a 2/3 Falls Match, Tyler Breeze defeated Hideo Itami.
- First first fall happened when Hideo hit a running kick to the face on Breeze in just over two minutes.
- Second fall happened Breeze teased an injury to his knee then hit a Beauty Shot when Hideo didn’t expect it.
- Third fall happened when Hideo went for the running kick and Breeze countered with The Beauty Shot to win 2-1.

(4/1/15) Episode 3

Match 1) Solomon Crowe defeated CJ Parker via Stretch Muffler.

Crowe said after the match to stay tuned because the real show is just beginning and he now returns everyone to their regularly scheduled programming.

Match 2) Baron Corbin squashed an unknown.

Enzo & Cass cut a promo before the next match vowing to win the Tag Titles.

Match 3) Enzo Amore & Big Cass w/Carmella defeated Sawyer Fulton & Angelo Dawkins (who were in their “shooter” gear.) Blake & Murphy came out and gave Carmella flowers during the match.

Match 4) Dana Brooke defeated Bluepants with a sitout fireman’s carry slam.

Match 5) Sami Zayn defeated Rhyno with the Helluva kick. Crowd was pretty hot for this one and very into the nearfalls.

(4/8/15) Episode 4

Match 1) For the NXT Women’s Championship, Sasha Banks defeated Alexa Bliss via the Bank Statement.

Match 2) For the NXT Heavyweight Championship, Kevin Owens defeated Finn Balor with the pop up powerbomb in a match that went over 20 minutes. Crowd was into this one with the nearfalls. There were some big nearfalls, including Owens hitting a Fisherman’s Buster from the top rope. Owens posed on the stage and Finn got a big ovation after the match.

NXT returns to Full Sail University on April 23rd, 2015 for more NXT TV.
Just noticed there's no Neville here and that except for today's episode he wasn't on any of the last lot of tapings

Just noticed there's no Neville here and that except for today's episode he wasn't on any of the last lot of tapings
No Charlotte after the first ep of these tapings either. Expect both to debut the night after WM.

Sorry for all the double posts but I'm just catching up on wrestling newzzz.

Dirt sheetz n rumours are saying that the next set of NXT tapings could either be held at WM Axxess or in Ohio. Interesting stuff if true.
Also rumours that Zahra Schrieber (girl from all the Seth Rollins stuff) might get teamed up with Baron Corbin because they both have tattoos :drunk:

Oh god, now you mention it that sounds exactly like something they'd do. That crowd can be awful at times.

Sorry for all the double posts but I'm just catching up on wrestling newzzz.

Dirt sheetz n rumours are saying that the next set of NXT tapings could either be held at WM Axxess or in Ohio. Interesting stuff if true.
Also rumours that Zahra Schrieber (girl from all the Seth Rollins stuff) might get teamed up with Baron Corbin because they both have tattoos :drunk:

So Corbin's not the 'lone wolf' anymore? There's a f***ing wolf on the back of his vest ffs

U86MmZt.gif

That girl is going to get eaten up by that NXT crowd.

inb4 "You screwed Seth" chants.

I 'liked' that post cos I think you're right, not because I like that this is what the crowd will do to her!

I already feel bad for her. This crowd is going to murder her.

The only way out?

Match her up against Carmella. The way the crowd treated her on today's episode was excellent :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Becky Lynch seems like she'd rip your dick off. Hot as hell.
And you Can't! Teach! That!

Bada bing, hottest chick in the ring! How you doin'?

I'm not even sorry.

And you Can't! Teach! That!

Bada bing, hottest chick in the ring! How you doin'?

I'm not even sorry.

Shits all over Carmella. None of them are as hot as Alexa Bliss though. She is the one who should be using the 'hottest chick in the ring' line.

I thought Carmella was pretty good this most recent episode, just standing around and looking good is all she should be doing.

I hope you people making misogynist "jokes" aren't the same people who bemoan how 'divas' are treated in WWE.

5 of the previous 7 points are exactly why women are treated how they are at the moment, and it disappoints me that people who watch NXT, and who see some of the best womens wrestling in the world, are this stupid and small minded.

I hope you people making misogynist "jokes" aren't the same people who bemoan how 'divas' are treated in WWE.

5 of the previous 7 points are exactly why women are treated how they are at the moment, and it disappoints me that people who watch NXT, and who see some of the best womens wrestling in the world, are this stupid and small minded.

QGplOg.jpg

I've only watched half of the latest episode, but it was awesome to see Rhyno back. Loved the crowd reaction with the first couple of people realising and jumping out of their seats.

I agree completely.

People will bemoan the lack of quality women's wrestling, but then it comes to Monday Night Raw and they're all just like "Paige is so sexy" or "god Nikki is hot."

It's actually a lot better here than other places online though, and for example Maxwell110's point earlier in the thread wasn't just about how the wrestlers are hot: It was about how Carmella isn't a good wrestler and she was much better this week just standing around looking fine, and I doubt you'd disagree with that.

And if one of those 5 points was mine, I was obviously just quoting Enzo and that's it. When I hear "hot as hell" or "7 foot tall" or "stud" or "soft" or "if I had" my mind automatically goes to him. :p

WWE divas are supposed to be sexy, that's what they've been used as since the nineties so that's how I judge them. That doesn't make me a misogynist, I just understand they're not the featured event and so I don't expect a wrestling classic from them, I just expect them to look good for five minutes. There are plenty of promotions that feature women's wrestling but that isn't WWE. I don't really think you you can disparage a company for not being something that it isn't. It'd be like saying "The Beatles are great but they don't incorporate enough rap into their music" when they clearly aren't a rap group. WWE doesn't feature women's wrestling and it doesn't even pretend that it does, so I don't really think it's something I can criticise them on.

It'd be like saying "The Beatles are great but they don't incorporate enough rap into their music" when they clearly aren't a rap group. WWE doesn't feature women's wrestling and it doesn't even pretend that it does, so I don't really think it's something I can criticise them on.

uhh....it certainly does feature womens wrestling, its just mostly rubbish on the main roster.

it would be like the beatles having vanilla ice rap on their tracks while nas is doing their soundcheck.

uhh....it certainly does feature womens wrestling, its just mostly rubbish on the main roster.

it would be like the beatles having vanilla ice rap on their tracks while nas is doing their soundcheck.

WWE features Divas, not female wrestling. They've had slogans like "the sexiest women on tv" and "smart, powerful and sexy", they've never suggested that you'll be getting the best female wrestlers on the planet in 20 minute matches. If they had an unattractive diva, then there would be something to complain about. The fact that the divas do nothing sexy anymore is the biggest criticism of the WWE Divas right now. You can't honestly say that you expect to see good quality wrestling from WWE Divas. Name one classic divas match since 96 that wasn't enhanced or advertised with sex appeal. It's how the WWE promotion works, there are other promotions that focus on the wrestling and not the sex appeal, but WWE isn't one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back