NXT Discussion Thread (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

The new NXT class includes:

Australia:

• Cassie McIntosh (Born in Sydney, resides in Melbourne, Australia) — Trained with Pro Wrestling Alliance in Sydney since 2011. In 2012, was trained by former WWE Superstar Lance Storm, who now runs the Storm Wrestling Academy. Proficient in dance and acrobatics.
  • Jessica McKay (Sydney, Australia) — Since 2008, has trained with the Pro Wrestling Alliance in Sydney, as well as Ring of Honor.
Canada:

• Nhooph Al-Areebi (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) — Trained with Squared Circle since 2011 and was a member of the Toronto Circus School from 2008-2012. Also trained in rhythmic gymnastics. Speaks English and Arabic.
Germany:

• Axel Tischer (Dresden, Germany) — Trained with GWF Wrestling in Berlin, Germany, since 2006. Served in the German Army from 2005-2007, achieving the rank of Private First Class.
Mexico:

• Oscar Vasquez (Cuidad Juarez, Mexico) — Trained in Juarez in the lucha libre style of wrestling. Worked with CWF Mid-Atlantic. Dual citizen of Mexico and the U.S.
Serbia:

• Radomir Petkovic (Belgrade, Serbia) — European Vice Champion at the 2010 European Wrestling Championships and was a two-time bronze medalist at 2009 Mediterranean Games in Greco-Roman and Freestyle. Speaks Russian and English.
United Kingdom:

• Peter Howard (Exeter, England) — Played collegiate Rugby in the U.K. and was a regional discus champion.
United States:

• Kenneth Crawford (Chicago, Illinois/Anson County, North Carolina) — Served in the U.S. Marine Corps for four years and accumulated a perfect 300 score in the United States Marine Corps Physical Fitness Test. Holds the North Carolina South Piedmont and Anson High School records in the 200-meter, 400-meter and 4x4 relay. Anson High School Athlete of the Year in 2007.
  • Thomas Kingdon (Traverse City, Michigan) — Competed in amateur bodybuilding and won the super-heavyweight class at the 2013 NPC Central States Competition.
  • Sesugh Uhaa (Atlanta, Georgia) — High school soccer, football and track-and-field star. Began training in 2009 and competed for Dragon Gate USA. Nigerian descent.
  • Levis Valenzuela Jr. (Durham, North Carolina) — Trained with CWF Mid-Atlantic in 2013. Proficient in dance and won various awards for collegiate ballroom dancing. Holds a Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice from UNC Charlotte. Grew up in the United States, lived in South Korea from 2011-2013, and speaks Spanish.

There's more than enough international diversity there - I think it'd be awesome if that ended up being the Tough Enough crop. I don't know how the figure out TE prize alongside developmental, and along with a WWE contract that presumably means some Raw appearances, but I'd much rather them do TE with brand new guys to the WWE, rather than guys who are already established in NXT.

Was that Dana's first match EVER ??? :eek:

emb1.gif

Straight into The New Day when he 'graduates'.

Reigns superman punches Big Show (because it's always Big Show), goes to the corner, goes 'OOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHH'....

Nation comes up behind him and beats the living s**t out of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great promo from Enzo and Cass going after the titles. Their 'road' to the titles actually adds some 'stakes' to the feud and makes the titles worth something. Also, love how the crowd still hate Carmella. Hopefully they dont do the overplayed "team breaks up over girl" rubbish.

Solomon Crowe with the Stretch Muffler is so much better than that stupid Pendulum Splash. And he calls it the Crowebar. Awesome :p

Lol Dana... Seriously?

does anyone know when NXT are going to do their next batch of tapings?

Apparently the one that airs tomorrow was filmed in mid feb and still features CJ Parker (not that that's bad).

I'd love to see some new eps with new directions, I feel like we've been in a bit of a holding pattern for too long

Has anyone ever looked into getting tickets to a Takeover or a set of tapings?

As mentioned elsewhere, I'm weighing up a trip to the US later this year and getting to a "B" PPV, as well as some NFL, college football and NBA (the other possible alternative trip is WM next year). If it's possible to get tickets to Takeover, I'd rather go in October and go to Takeover and Hell in a Cell. But if it's not possible to get tickets, I'd rather go to Survivor Series - aside from the wrestling considerations, the NFL schedule was released today, and the whole trip (in terms of NFL and college football) runs quite a bit smoother if I go in November.

I'd spew if I booked the trip around going to Takeover and then couldn't get a ticket. Anyone have any experience with it?

Solid ep, better than the last couple of weeks. The gore is still epic, the women smashed it again and Owens continues to be the 2nd best heel in the entire company and Zayn has the crowd eating out of his hand.

Best ep for weeks. Gotta love Enzo's schtik. Good ending to the woman's match too. The main event had me wondering how Owens will go on the main roster with his height, he looked small against Riley and Riley isn't that tall. Guys like Orton will make him look even smaller.

The next Takeover special will be May 20th.

NXT Taping Spoilers for April 29th, May 6th and May 13th are below.

April 29th Episode:

* NXT Champion Kevin Owens kicks off the show with a promo. General Manager William Regal interrupts and says Owens doesn't run the show, Mr. Regal does. Sami Zayn comes out and we've got a match for the May 20th Takeover event. Owens wants it to be non-title but Sami is berating him trying to get the title shot. They agree and it will be a title match.

* Enzo Amore and Big Cass defeated NXT Tag Team Champions Blake and Murphy in a non-title match.

* Dana Brooke defeated Bayley when Emma came out to Bayley's music and distracted her.

* Adam Rose vs. Hideo Itami is next. Itami wins by pinfall.

* Becky Lynch quickly defeated an enhancement talent named Sarah Thompson by submission. This appeared to be one of the new recruits.

* Sami Zayn defeated Alex Riley by DQ when Kevin Owens hit him from behind. Owens then hit a powerbomb on Riley.

May 6th Episode:

* Charlotte defeated Emma by pinfall. Emma worked as a vicious heel. Bayley came out after the match and offered Emma a hug but held onto her and hit the Hugplex. Charlotte tried to hold Bayley back but she snapped and has had enough of Emma's taunting.

* Rhyno defeated Bull Dempsey with a Gore. Rhyno cut a promo after the match and said he wants Baron Corbin at Takeover.

* Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder come out for a match against Enzo and Cass but they don't show. The cameras cut backstage and they were laid out by Blake and Murphy.

* William Regal is out for a Takeover contract signing segment between Becky Lynch and NXT Women's Champion Sasha Banks. Becky tells her career story and Sasha uses her stamp to sign the contract. Sasha then attacks Becky but Becky gets the upperhand before referees break it up.

* Finn Balor comes out in a suit to do commentary for the next match, Hideo Itami vs. Tyler Breeze. Itami gets the win with a Shotgun kick. After the match, Breeze jumps Itami but Balor makes the save. Breeze then takes them both out with a superkick on Balor and a Beauty Shot to Itami.

May 13th Episode:

* Bayley defeated Jessi McKay with a Hugplex. Jessi was one of the talents just announced as a new recruit this month.

* Solomon Crowe vs. Baron Corbin is next. Crowe has a new theme song. Corbin wins by pinfall and Rhyno comes out after the match. They start brawling and security tries to hold them back. Rhyno hits Gores on a few security guards and the rest run away.

* Sasha Banks defeated another debuting enhancement talent by submission, possibly new recruit Cassie McIntosh.

* Alexa Bliss defeated Carmella after Blake and Murphy distracted Carmella by trying to get her attention. They try to pick her up but she cuts a promo on them and says Enzo and Cass will take the titles at Takeover.

* Kalisto defeated Tye Dillinger by pinfall.

* Sami Zayn comes out for a promo but before he can speak out comes Kevin Owens. Sami cuts him down and asks why is he jealous and asks if it's because Owens' son would rather wear a Sami t-shirt than a KO t-shirt. Owens says he knows Sami is hurt and at Takeover, he's going to hurt him again but this time Sami won't be able to come back.

* Finn Balor and Hideo Itami vs. Adam Rose and Tyler Breeze is next. Breeze gets the pin on Itami. Balor and Hideo weren't on the same page. Tyler kicks Rose post-match. It appears they were building to a three-way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back