NXT Discussion Thread (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

They smoke & mirrored the * outta that Bayley vs Eva match. Eva has improved from when she debuted but they made sure that she really didn't do a whole lot. She pretty much just did a sliced bread, a snap suplex, a shitty big boot and bumped off the top rope.

baccd51d1c7453e37f6949796c558b.gif

Eva is still horrible. She's in her thirties, she's going to be mid to late thirties before she's any good. My god.

That Sampson vignette was great. That song though :hearts:

Agreed. Has a serious Nick Cave vibe which I loved. Also he was signing about going after the NXT title -

It started with the Man.
But it wasn’t the end.
Gravity held it in his arms.
Then he lost his friends.
Then it found Redemption.
But it KO’d his heart.
Now it’s with The Demon.
A poor man’s work of art.
What we have are masqueraders.
What we need are liberators.
Subject a plan
What it needs.
Is what I am.
What it needs.
Is what I am.

The Man: Rollins
The End: Big E (The Big Ending)
Gravity: Neville
Lost his Friends: (Bo, Zayn)
Redemption: Zayn
KO'd: Owens
Demon: Balor.

Last edited:
Joe v Ciampa was brutal, excellent, but brutal.

If they're not going to pair him with Gargano then he's well capable of a good singles run in NXT where he just beats the crap of of people

Corbin v Dillinger - Actually a pretty good match. Much prefer Corbin in these kinds of matches compared to simple 10 second long squashes. Love to hate him this way rather than skip forward.

Nia Jax v Blue Pants - Fast forwarded. Jax desperately needs a new monster theme if she's going to be a monster he current one is way too poppy. Am I the only one that doesn't find her to be all that threatening or monstrous either? She's like the same size as my mum.

Dash and Dawson promo was so good, these guys should have a huge future in tag team wrestling.

Rose v Storm - Decent match wrestling-wise but there wasn't really any meaning to it. Either need a Beer Money reunion or Storm needs a story.

Vaudevillians v Jordan and Gable - How great are Jordan and Gable? Big future in tag team wrestling and potential main event guys, love them so much. Vaudvillians are heel again? I prefer them as heels honestly, fits their character better I feel.

Emma v Liv Morgan - Emma seems like a legit threat for Asuka, so keen for their match. That bit after the match was gooood.

That Jax-Bayley segment is exactly what we need to see out of Nia! Really liked it. Bayley's selling looked a bit corny.

Joe v Ciampa - What a match! Really hope this gets Ciampa a full time gig at NXT. As soon as I saw Ciampa entering and being right in the zone (even though it felt like i was watching at 2x speed) I was pumped for this one. That kick in the corner after the standing kimura was beautiful. A couple of bits looked like they were pretty bloody stiff. This is the Joe I've been wanting since he came to NXT. Now I just need him to nonchalantly walk away from an outside dive.

Pretty good show, Takeover is shaping up very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magno is now Oscar the Luchador according to a house show card.

Hmm.

Him? He was pretty shocking when he had that match or two in TNA a couple of years back.

Also apparently Tozawa had a tryout but was rejected due to experience issues. I dunno what that could mean since he owns, has experience working in the US and is a main eventer for Dragon Gate so he'd have Crews vouching for him.

It's a vague term so I have three theories

Maybe he was injured, tried to hide it and looked "green"
Maybe he had a hard time adjusting to a different ring philosophy/lingo/whatever
Some dudes have real difficulty in adjusting to the WWE camera positions so I could see that falling under "experience issues".

Him? He was pretty shocking when he had that match or two in TNA a couple of years back.

Also apparently Tozawa had a tryout but was rejected due to experience issues. I dunno what that could mean since he owns, has experience working in the US and is a main eventer for Dragon Gate so he'd have Crews vouching for him.

It's a vague term so I have three theories

Maybe he was injured, tried to hide it and looked "green"
Maybe he had a hard time adjusting to a different ring philosophy/lingo/whatever
Some dudes have real difficulty in adjusting to the WWE camera positions so I could see that falling under "experience issues".
I'm just rubbing my chin at the name given to him.

Interesting that Emma has (basically) been using a Curb Stomp lately. Just a variation. Same sort of thing though.

Nia Jax v Blue Pants - Fast forwarded. Jax desperately needs a new monster theme if she's going to be a monster he current one is way too poppy. Am I the only one that doesn't find her to be all that threatening or monstrous either? She's like the same size as my mum.
I seem to be completely alone in this opinion, as everything I have read has people agreeing with you, but I love Nia Jax's theme. I reckon it fits her well.
The sudden pairing with Eva Marie made it a bit confusing though, as you could pretty much say the lyrics in the song refer to people like Eva :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back