O and M 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

For the record, Albury finished 0-18 in 2003, S. Hodgson's first year of coach.
Let's dwell on that for a moment.
A year after P. Spargo was brought back to smooth the tsunami at Tigerland created by the year under B. Doolan in 2002.
C. Joss also came on board in Albury in 2002 as part of a boardroom coup.
So what you say?
Well Albury never really challenged again until P. Spargo came back when C. Lambert had the job "signed, sealed and almost delivered" midway through 2008 _ the last year under L. Carroll.
C. Joss/P. Spargo combo = success.....

A year after P. Spargo was brought back to smooth the tsunami at Tigerland created by the year under B. Doolan in 2002.
So what you say?
Well Albury never really challenged again until P. Spargo came back when C. Lambert had the job "signed, sealed and almost delivered" midway through 2008 _ the last year under L. Carroll.

Are you sure it was 0-18 in 2003?
I thought they won ANZAC day after Marty Kick goaled in the last few mins and then won the last game of the year and Wang ended up with the spoon again (towards the end of their horrible run). Or am I thinking of the wrong year?

So what you say?
Last sentence very accurate on two fronts-the actual statement itself and the order names are listed.

Two years out mate.....
That happened in Benny Doolan's year at the helm in 2001....

Ah ok, I must be wrong then. It has been almost a decade though!
It should be good to be able to hit up some local footy next season, alot of teams seem to be recruiting well

So what you say?

just proves my point that albury has never built success they have always bought it. harsh but true. take away the money and albury would be in the tallangatta league just.

just proves my point that albury has never built success they have always bought it. harsh but true. take away the money and albury would be in the tallangatta league just.
As unitelligent a comment as I've read on here:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:Bit of talk on the Murray league website of Wollington leaving the Pigeons.Do we read anything into Ednie's two travelling mates playing elsewhere next year?Surely Lavington have recruited more than Harris from Benalla and Mitch Palmer.Have to be more news-get to it BMM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahaha what a comment.

anyway hearing a few mumurs a big recruit possibly joining yarra this year after stints at brisbane and carlton. would be massive for the comp if true.

early predictions for the top 5
Lavvy
Raiders
Albury
Yarra
Wangaratta

Im conviced that lavvy and raiders will be very hard to beat this year, and the other 3 will simply consolidate from last years positions.
Any thoughts??

Just another of many incorrect statements on this thread which is very quickly becoming a useless source of information and more about personal opinions to which we can't put a face or proper name too..

Well said... um... Hitman01:rolleyes:

Winning a league medal in any comp is a terrific effort - what's the standard like there compared to O&M?
Has he played anywhere else? What's his possy?

The Crumber, I would predict this guy will be a good player in the O and M.If he won the comps B and F and represented the league he must be pretty good as the league up their has improved immensely in standard over the past 4 or 5 years.A lot of players from up there have been recruited by the NEAFL clubs here in Brisbane and have performed very well at this level.( and the NEAFL is a higher standard then the O and M) I would say this Cairns league is overall at a standard that is a bit higher then the Murray league, thus if u are a quality player at that standard , he should be good in the O and M.

Well said... um... Hitman01:rolleyes:

Can you fill me in here Box...
The Sanson influence in the coaching box will remain strong in 2012 even though Tim "I love everything about Albury" Sanson is stepping down.
You're doing the twos (correct?) and bro Mark is slipping into an assistant coaching role....

hahaha what a comment.

anyway hearing a few mumurs a big recruit possibly joining yarra this year after stints at brisbane and carlton. would be massive for the comp if true.

early predictions for the top 5
Lavvy
Raiders
Albury
Yarra
Wangaratta

Im conviced that lavvy and raiders will be very hard to beat this year, and the other 3 will simply consolidate from last years positions.
Any thoughts??

Heard from a source that the tigers will be even better this year than the past 3 so saying that they will just consolidate their place is a bit rough i reckon. I agree with your top 3 though just think albury will finish top. Training 3 nights per week with the only other team doing that being the bulldogs i dont think they are going to drop off.

Heard from a source that the tigers will be even better this year than the past 3 so saying that they will just consolidate their place is a bit rough i reckon. I agree with your top 3 though just think albury will finish top. Training 3 nights per week with the only other team doing that being the bulldogs i dont think they are going to drop off.
Myrt train 3 nights a week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back