Ovens and King Football League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I see that Karl Norman has been selected in the vic number 2 squad. I rember that Archibald was picked in that same squad when he played for Whorouly. Both players didn't actually play for the O&K in the Interleague team.

Should players be eligible for selection for these sides if they don't actually play in the championships?

I see that Karl Norman has been selected in the vic number 2 squad. I rember that Archibald was picked in that same squad when he played for Whorouly. Both players didn't actually play for the O&K in the Interleague team.

Should players be eligible for selection for these sides if they don't actually play in the championships?
Good call
I don't think they should as what happens to the one that misses out and was willing to do the hard yards for his league in the first place

W
Good call
I don't think they should as what happens to the one that misses out and was willing to do the hard yards for his league in the first place
while the players are the ones not supporting the inter league, the only solution (apart from money) is through the clubs. Each club must be pro active in expressing the importance of representing the league. The importance lies in the pride in the ranking of the league you are playing in. It's embarrassing telling outsiders how low the o & k is ranked currently whether you are playing or supporting. The clubs need to feel this as much as the players. Myrtle ford a great example. Struggling at the moment but huge backers of inter league, purely because they want the world to know how good the league is that they are competing in. It only makes them look better.

Did anyone happen to see win news sport on Monday night. It had some footage of the blacks tarra game, I see by the footage that the blacks haven't changed their thuggery gamestyle it showed a blacks player retaliating at a free kick and hitting the oposing player in the face, Good look for the club, And it was showed on the news well done boys, Blacks have got a couple of good kids but the rest are thugs and have anger management issues to deal with and if they keep playing like this will not win a game this year or next year because you can't attract players if this keeps happening....

Probably best if you just watched netball mate, incidents like the one you're referring to happen 20 times a game.....on both sides...

I think I will take a short drive up the road and watch Bright v Glenrowan. Who should I be watching out for in the Glenrowan team? Watched Bright v Greta a couple of weeks ago and Bright looked quick but turned it over inside their 50 a bit to much and playing the top side this week you wouldn't think they would get away with that. But I haven't seen Glenrowan play so what are their strengths? Looked like Bright's strength was their clearances from stoppages with a couple of good mobile ruckmen and 2 very good on ballers that hit the score board.

I think I will take a short drive up the road and watch Bright v Glenrowan. Who should I be watching out for in the Glenrowan team? Watched Bright v Greta a couple of weeks ago and Bright looked quick but turned it over inside their 50 a bit to much and playing the top side this week you wouldn't think they would get away with that. But I haven't seen Glenrowan play so what are their strengths? Looked like Bright's strength was their clearances from stoppages with a couple of good mobile ruckmen and 2 very good on ballers that hit the score board.
Just a tip, I wouldn't go to bright v glenrowan. Bright have 6 or 7 out from last game. Both ruck men, one of the onballers you mentioned, and 3 or 4 handy players. Could get ugly I think. Just warning you anyway.

I
Brock26What'sst: 33527163 said:
Just a tip, I wouldn't go to bright v glenrowan. Bright have 6 or 7 out from last game. Both ruck men, one of the onballers you mentioned, and 3 or 4 handy players. Could get ugly I think. Just warning you anyway.
Is Love playing? What's going on there every couple of weeks you have 6/7 out. It must be a nightmare to coach that club!

Bright won by 5 points!

="nonch, post: 33544895, member: 63231"]Bright won by 5 points![/QUOTE]
That would have to be a huge upset! I thought you said Bright had 6 of their best out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ended u
="nonch, post: 33544895, member: 63231"]Bright won by 5 points!
That would have to be a huge upset! I thought you said Bright had 6 of their best out[/QUOTE]
ended up 7. Just an unbelievable effort by a team that wanted it more. Probably shouldn't go there but the difference in player payment was potentially well over $5000 a game . There is no place for money in football. When a young side comes out and puts that sort of effort in, it reminds you what it used to be like, premierships are overrated, efforts like that are priceless, just as good, and why we all love football so much.

Ended u

That would have to be a huge upset! I thought you said Bright had 6 of their best out
ended up 7. Just an unbelievable effort by a team that wanted it more. Probably shouldn't go there but the difference in player payment was potentially well over $5000 a game . There is no place for money in football. When a young side comes out and puts that sort of effort in, it reminds you what it used to be like, premierships are overrated, efforts like that are priceless, just as good, and why we all love football so much.[/QUOTE]
Correct Brock
Does not matter how much you pay someone the G&D has to come from inside the person regardless of pay packet
The old saying
"A Champion Team will beat a Team of Champions"

Who to watch this week? I missed out on my footy fix last week thanks to Brock 26!!

Tarra v Milawa on Sunday should be one of the matches of the year, particularly if it's a good day and both sides are close to full strength.

On Saturday Bonnie Doon v Bright is the pick of the bunch.

Went an watch Bonnie Doon vs Bright yesterday, thought it was a very good an contested game, thought bonnie doon could have been infront by a few goals at quarter time if they had of kicked straight, they found the middle sticks in the 2nd quarter though an then it was pretty much goal to goal for rest of the game with bonnie doon winning by 14 points, how will doon go next week against Glenrowran ? Was a very enjoyable game to watch yesterday!

Daniel Barassi can’t make up his mind by the looks of it. Team sheets for this weekend says he’s out. Again.
Can anyone provide a score both seniors and reserves at tarra today? Grand final rematch in the 2's should've been close I'd expect, and the late game I've heard was tight??

Predictions for this Saturday?
Bit of rain about so could bring some upsets.

Greta over tarra by less than 6 points (few keys out for the dogs so best chance for a top 4 scalp for the blues)

Glenrowan by a couple of goals in the mudpit.
Milawa by 50
Moyhu by plenty
Bright by 75
The Roos by 60

Predictions for this Saturday?
Bit of rain about so could bring some upsets.

Greta over tarra by less than 6 points (few keys out for the dogs so best chance for a top 4 scalp for the blues)

Glenrowan by a couple of goals in the mudpit.
Milawa by 50
Moyhu by plenty
Bright by 75
The Roos by 60

Anyone think Bonnie Doon can upset Glenrowan?

Watched the Glenrowan Vs Bonnie Doon Game yesterday and it was a hostile , hard tough game in very trying conditions .
Glenrowan overall were the better side as indicated by scoring shots , although both sides were missing key players , goals were gold on the day .
Glenrowan were happy with the win as would have Bonnie Doon if they had have prevailed .
One thing I would mention and I wonder if any other Clubs have noticed this , the performance of the Bonnie Doon Coach or who ever it was running there bench after the game .???
We stormed off the bench in rage or frustration nearly causing an all in brawl in his attack on a Couple of Glenrowan Players an the Umpires .
He had to told to pull his head by his players after he targeted in at the top of his voice calling a couple of Glenrowan players repeatadly you pair of F**king C**ts and verbally attacking the Umpires ...I believe the Umpires were close to reporting him but this would have further enraged Him and possibly escalated the situation to physical Bonnie Doon overall are a great Club and the players showed great respect to each other after the game ...but the Coach was an embarrassment for Bonnie Doon and there is no way for whatever reason you can possibly condone it . Bonnie Doon owe Glenrowan and Umpires and apology and it is a wonder the league dont ask a few questions about it as the situation was volatile and risked further escalation ..Just wondering if any other Clubs have witnessed his behaviour ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back