Ovens and King Football League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I see the valley have been quick to appoint Hayden Murray as coach next year. Should see a rise up the ladder with early recruiting etc, not to mention how well there magoos are travelling at the moment, I think they could be the bolter for the flag!!
Heard that Moyhu had him pretty much 'signed, sealed and delivered'. He told them that KValley was chasing him as well but he didn't want to go to them and would definitely sign with Moyhu. Then he did an about face and signed at the Valley for a pretty big amount! Be interesting to see where that money is coming from.
I wonder what the Valley are doing with Coonan - wasn't he signed for 2 years at the start of this year?

Just heard Luke Fox won't be lining up for Glenrowan in the granny... Fell off his bike yesterday morning and saw a pic of him with a heavily bandaged head and what looks like a plaster on his right arm. Broken arm or wrist maybe?

Good on Glenrowan, great win...milawa still a very good team. Wonder what will happen next year now.. Who's already recruiting?

Was a great game yesterday, Glenrowan got a brilliant run on in the second half. Good on em, deserved the cup 100%, also heard that Robinson and Cunningham have re-signed as co coaches again for next year... Back-to-back maybe???

Thought long and hard about whether I was happy for glenrowan or not. (Given what we all know they have done/spent to get to where they have)
I decided that's it's none of anyone's business how they do it (but there own).
Congratulations to the tigers. I would much rather them up the top making the o and k a better league than sitting down the bottom end.
Nobody bags Osborne about it and they do it every year. I honestly hope glenrowan can continue on at least at a solid competitive state, but hopefully as a power.
Good to see a new side win as well. They have die hard volunteers just like everyone else. And deserve a bit of success finally.

Thought long and hard about whether I was happy for glenrowan or not. (Given what we all know they have done/spent to get to where they have)
I decided that's it's none of anyone's business how they do it (but there own).
Congratulations to the tigers. I would much rather them up the top making the o and k a better league than sitting down the bottom end.
Nobody bags Osborne about it and they do it every year. I honestly hope glenrowan can continue on at least at a solid competitive state, but hopefully as a power.
Good to see a new side win as well. They have die hard volunteers just like everyone else. And deserve a bit of success finally.

Unfortunately, with clubs (in country footy as a whole) continuing to spend more and more money on players the game is starting to become out of reach for the blokes who are not immensly talented, who just want to have a kick with their mates as well as the communities that support these clubs. How much money is too much for a club/community to spend on a football team? And to what end? Will it just become a semi-professional sport, the also-rans not even being able to find a club to play at? I love footy, playing, watching, coaching and it doesn't matter whether it is auskick or AFL level. I really don't want the sport to develop into a game which the average bloke doesn't get a chance to play, only watch from the stands. Hopefully the the game will trend back to the community, not relying on 'mercanary' footballers to keep clubs competitive.
I've got no hard feelings toward Glenrowan (even if though I think McFail is a dick) they were the best team all year and deserving winners. This is not a comment on them, more a reflection of country footy as a whole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately, with clubs (in country footy as a whole) continuing to spend more and more money on players the game is starting to become out of reach for the blokes who are not immensly talented, who just want to have a kick with their mates as well as the communities that support these clubs. How much money is too much for a club/community to spend on a football team? And to what end? Will it just become a semi-professional sport, the also-rans not even being able to find a club to play at? I love footy, playing, watching, coaching and it doesn't matter whether it is auskick or AFL level. I really don't want the sport to develop into a game which the average bloke doesn't get a chance to play, only watch from the stands. Hopefully the the game will trend back to the community, not relying on 'mercanary' footballers to keep clubs competitive.
I've got no hard feelings toward Glenrowan (even if though I think McFail is a dick) they were the best team all year and deserving winners. This is not a comment on them, more a reflection of country footy as a whole.
Might be the time to look at this competition as a whole. Imagine if Myrtleford, Beechworth, Rutherglen, Chiltern and Wahgunyah were all bullied into the comp similar to how Swanpool and Tatong were bullied out!!!! Could go from zero to hero as a competition very quickly. Never say never!!

Watch this space Thats Ambitious!!

Points system is definitely needed. Other leagues are starting to introduce a points system. Clubs just can't match the amount of money thrown out by other clubs, and it makes it hard to compete.

For 15 years People have bagged Glenrowan for being hopeless and for the last 2 years everyone of you fnegative people have bagged Glenrowan for being on the march . From buying players that are spuds to being un-sustainable and whatever you whinge about now . The fact is all you blokes who know whats going -apparently keep getting on here and making outlandish statements simply because you are jealous of what Glenrowan has acheived and who has lead the revival of a Club that was down at out ..completely out.. I challenge any of you critics to go to your club ,put your balls on the line , put your name behind it and take the s**t that goes with it from *******s like you and win your Club a flag . All of you will have reasons why you cant but the fact none of you can . What hurts you brain dead *s more more is that I reading the Paper that Cunningham and Robinson have turned down much more lucrative offers to remain at Glenrowan and I noticed on Facebook Norman and Matt Robinson have followed suit and Nigel Robinson in the Paper was pretty clear why he did this and the reasons given probably outlines what you'd expect from a person who loves his Club , Mates and people involved .. All Is say boys is get used to it cos its gonna be back to back unless of course Cheer Cheer ,Thats ambitious , Leather Poison ,bowled shane and of course the old Rumourmill 18 want to put your name behind your Club and get them a Premiership .. Oh thats right you have neither the guts , the no how or determination to do that . You'd rather just sit there and bag anyone else that can ... Crawl back under your snivelling little rocks you insiginificant *s and set up your own We want to be Glenrowan , Milawa or Tarra threads cos with absolute ******* knobs like involved at your clubs get used to punishment every week from the likesof Tarra, Milawa and Glenrowan .. Cos quite simply they just do it much better than you !!!!!

For 15 years People have bagged Glenrowan for being hopeless and for the last 2 years everyone of you fnegative people have bagged Glenrowan for being on the march . From buying players that are spuds to being un-sustainable and whatever you whinge about now . The fact is all you blokes who know whats going -apparently keep getting on here and making outlandish statements simply because you are jealous of what Glenrowan has acheived and who has lead the revival of a Club that was down at out ..completely out.. I challenge any of you critics to go to your club ,put your balls on the line , put your name behind it and take the s**t that goes with it from *******s like you and win your Club a flag . All of you will have reasons why you cant but the fact none of you can . What hurts you brain dead ****s more more is that I reading the Paper that Cunningham and Robinson have turned down much more lucrative offers to remain at Glenrowan and I noticed on Facebook Norman and Matt Robinson have followed suit and Nigel Robinson in the Paper was pretty clear why he did this and the reasons given probably outlines what you'd expect from a person who loves his Club , Mates and people involved .. All Is say boys is get used to it cos its gonna be back to back unless of course Cheer Cheer ,Thats ambitious , Leather Poison ,bowled shane and of course the old Rumourmill 18 want to put your name behind your Club and get them a Premiership .. Oh thats right you have neither the guts , the no how or determination to do that . You'd rather just sit there and bag anyone else that can ... Crawl back under your snivelling little rocks you insiginificant ****s and set up your own We want to be Glenrowan , Milawa or Tarra threads cos with absolute ******* knobs like involved at your clubs get used to punishment every week from the likesof Tarra, Milawa and Glenrowan .. Cos quite simply they just do it much better than you !!!!!
For the record - i dont think ive bagged Glemrowan once?? no issue here

For 15 years People have bagged Glenrowan for being hopeless and for the last 2 years everyone of you fnegative people have bagged Glenrowan for being on the march . From buying players that are spuds to being un-sustainable and whatever you whinge about now . The fact is all you blokes who know whats going -apparently keep getting on here and making outlandish statements simply because you are jealous of what Glenrowan has acheived and who has lead the revival of a Club that was down at out ..completely out.. I challenge any of you critics to go to your club ,put your balls on the line , put your name behind it and take the s**t that goes with it from *******s like you and win your Club a flag . All of you will have reasons why you cant but the fact none of you can . What hurts you brain dead ****s more more is that I reading the Paper that Cunningham and Robinson have turned down much more lucrative offers to remain at Glenrowan and I noticed on Facebook Norman and Matt Robinson have followed suit and Nigel Robinson in the Paper was pretty clear why he did this and the reasons given probably outlines what you'd expect from a person who loves his Club , Mates and people involved .. All Is say boys is get used to it cos its gonna be back to back unless of course Cheer Cheer ,Thats ambitious , Leather Poison ,bowled shane and of course the old Rumourmill 18 want to put your name behind your Club and get them a Premiership .. Oh thats right you have neither the guts , the no how or determination to do that . You'd rather just sit there and bag anyone else that can ... Crawl back under your snivelling little rocks you insiginificant ****s and set up your own We want to be Glenrowan , Milawa or Tarra threads cos with absolute ******* knobs like involved at your clubs get used to punishment every week from the likesof Tarra, Milawa and Glenrowan .. Cos quite simply they just do it much better than you !!!!!
In fact -neanderthal - it is that very standard that Glenrowan has set that will see our competition bounce back -that's what i was getting at by mentioning those clubs joining/rejoining the comp - otherwise it is crap (like the current comp). Get my drift?

Already have a premiership you muppet

Glenrowan great effort, but you might want to stay up and about for a bit longer to put yourself up with the likes of milawa and tarra. They've been doing it for 8 or so years now. At the moment glenrowan is no different to north wang until it proved different. (Hope they do )

Brock26 I was down in Melbourne last weekend watching the NFL prelim. between Greensborough and Macleod and spoke to a few of the Slime faithful and they are extremely confident James Love is heading back there next year. Gee the young fella must be pissed off with Burra having all 3 sides in the big dance.

Brock26 I was down in Melbourne last weekend watching the NFL prelim. between Greensborough and Macleod and spoke to a few of the Slime faithful and they are extremely confident James Love is heading back there next year. Gee the young fella must be pissed off with Burra having all 3 sides in the big dance.
Enjoyed the area and the football. I think he is making his mind up on potentially moving to the area. So probably will depend a little on whether he moves up or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back