Ovens and King Football League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

It may take time before the website is updated but CB has been cleared by Gold Coast Suns, so we're good to go for Sunday.

That is good news for Greta! Just for interest sake and you may not want to say, why was the first clearance denied?

On points and salary cap. There is no way of introducing a salary cap for the league. Who would police it? It would take a lot of time, effort and money for the league to do this.

Points system could be the go, but I highly doubt it will be used. I think we will just have to ride it out with these big spending clubs, surely the money will run out.......

That is good news for Greta! Just for interest sake and you may not want to say, why was the first clearance denied?

On points and salary cap. There is no way of introducing a salary cap for the league. Who would police it? It would take a lot of time, effort and money for the league to do this.

Points system could be the go, but I highly doubt it will be used. I think we will just have to ride it out with these big spending clubs, surely the money will run out.......
He was still on the Gold Coast suns list when the first clearance was submitted as he was sacked after the afl lists were finalized. So the afl denied the first clearance until he was officially delisted by GC.

Yeh im taking the kids down to have a look, should be a cracker - will be a good crowd if the weather is nice! Kv by 4 pts

Will milawa score a record score 400 pts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Williams will play on him and stitch him up
Best of luck with that. Remember he played AFL footy barely six months ago. He's swimming the English Channel soon so the blokes supremely fit.
When Campbell runs over that white line I wouldn't want to get in front of him!

Greta have selected probably the strongest side in many years & I'm sure KV are primed to spoil our party.
So to anyone reading this, regardless of who you may follow, do yourself a favour & come down for a look Sunday.
The gods are shining on us, a sunny day is predicted. It should be a great day of O&K footy.

Sounds like a ripper day ahead bunyip! Assuming that your senior list on sporting pulse is correct, does Elliot Sheather still slot into your strongest team?

Tips for round 2?

Tarra by 33
Moyhu by 42
Goorambat by 15
Glenrowan by 51
Milawa by 200+
King Valley by 8

Tips for round 2?

Tarra by 33
Moyhu by 42
Goorambat by 15
Glenrowan by 51
Milawa by 200+
King Valley by 8

So we are all predicting closer margins this week!?
Doon by 10 (Have to be loyal and optomistic!)
Bright by 20 (Home ground advantage)
Goorambat by 7 (Low scoring but physical game)
Glenrowan by 36 (Midfield will make the bigest difference)
Milawa by heaps (Be like Hawthorn Vs Auskick)
Greta by 26 (Big C Browndog the difference in front of, hopefully, a packed house)

So we are all predicting closer margins this week!?
Doon by 10 (Have to be loyal and optomistic!)
Bright by 20 (Home ground advantage)
Goorambat by 7 (Low scoring but physical game)
Glenrowan by 36 (Midfield will make the bigest difference)
Milawa by heaps (Be like Hawthorn Vs Auskick)
Greta by 26 (Big C Browndog the difference in front of, hopefully, a packed house)

Tarra by 40
Bright by 15
Benalla by 10
Glenrowan by 50
Milawa by infinity (we'll be lucky to score)
Greta by 30

Is anyone having trouble accesing the results, clearances ect through the new website. Just anothher thing that the aflneb have toutched and stuffed up. Can they get anything right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like it was a great day for Greta!

This draw really has to be looked at. How can two pretty successfully sides over the last five or so years in Milawa and Tarrawingee be playing these lower sides to start the season off. I am in no way having a go at these clubs. This is the leagues fault. From year to year you usually know who is going to be strong or stronger. I understand a draw is very hard to do. Glenrowan have three home games in the first four rounds. Then Moyhu only have one home game in the first four rounds. Something has really gone wrong. Once agin I am not blaming the clubs..............

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This draw really has to be looked at. How can two pretty successfully sides over the last five or so years in Milawa and Tarrawingee be playing these lower sides to start the season off. I am in no way having a go at these clubs. This is the leagues fault. From year to year you usually know who is going to be strong or stronger. I understand a draw is very hard to do. Glenrowan have three home games in the first four rounds. Then Moyhu only have one home game in the first four rounds. Something has really gone wrong. Once agin I am not blaming the clubs..............

It is a bit of a joke with only two games again being decided by less than 10 goals. It looks like Goorambat (and District) have been looked after with an easy first part of the draw. Could this have been done to try and make thier reccomendations look like they worked!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Blues have a really good draw this year after two tough ones in 2012 & 2013.
We played Tatong twice only the once in four seasons yet we've played Whorouly twice each year since 2007.
The draw is what it is, there are always going to be winners & losers & anomalies that make no sense.

G'day Slimbo!! Just thought I'd poke my nose in where it isn't needed into the O&KFL with a John Carrot comment of how phawrked is the control in Distrct level footy by the VCFL and AwFuLeague! This is a post on Longwood's KDFL Bigfooty. Cheers Slim18. John Carrot.
" Campbell Brown's old man, Mal Brown; was a thug and a white line footy basher .. Mal's son Campbell is the same as his f'wit father who after bashing his thuggery way out of the money of the AwFuLeague is now selling his a-hole soul to whoever pays the money in the lowest level of footy ... the district leagues!! The area which is not about money but the Clubs who want to provide footy and netball for their kids!! Same as the Whatananker Rocca with Tallygorootna last year and the teethless Collingwood of Tarrant, Johnson and some other loser taking the money and run at Violet Town's second attempt to buy a meaningless premiership. At least Fev has stood up to do nearly the right thing in a MAJOR League which is the place to step up then come down from the TV footy money. These arseholes who invade minor leagues need their arseholes kicked. Whacko Greta dumbnshits .. have Duckhead Brown play, kick 10 goals; and win one game which might put them into the finals. For pharwks sake what about the impact on support for district footy!! This shite is proof that district footy .. with the AFL and VCFL's blessing is disappearing up it's own arse!!! John Carrot

How many did you end up getting through the gate on Sunday? Has your senior coach or any of the other Greta players had a bit of a chat to "blondie" about his behind play hit on king valleys number 22?

How many did you end up getting through the gate on Sunday? Has your senior coach or any of the other Greta players had a bit of a chat to "blondie" about his behind play hit on king valleys number 22?

As far as I know there was no report laid against blondie and I didn't see an incident so unless someone can shed some light on the situation I don't think anyone will be spoken to.

G'day Slimbo!! Just thought I'd poke my nose in where it isn't needed into the O&KFL with a John Carrot comment of how phawrked is the control in Distrct level footy by the VCFL and AwFuLeague! This is a post on Longwood's KDFL Bigfooty. Cheers Slim18. John Carrot.
" Campbell Brown's old man, Mal Brown; was a thug and a white line footy basher .. Mal's son Campbell is the same as his f'wit father who after bashing his thuggery way out of the money of the AwFuLeague is now selling his a-hole soul to whoever pays the money in the lowest level of footy ... the district leagues!! The area which is not about money but the Clubs who want to provide footy and netball for their kids!! Same as the Whatananker Rocca with Tallygorootna last year and the teethless Collingwood of Tarrant, Johnson and some other loser taking the money and run at Violet Town's second attempt to buy a meaningless premiership. At least Fev has stood up to do nearly the right thing in a MAJOR League which is the place to step up then come down from the TV footy money. These arseholes who invade minor leagues need their arseholes kicked. Whacko Greta dumbnshits .. have Duckhead Brown play, kick 10 goals; and win one game which might put them into the finals. For pharwks sake what about the impact on support for district footy!! This shite is proof that district footy .. with the AFL and VCFL's blessing is disappearing up it's own arse!!! John Carrot

TIME FOR SOME FACTS CHILDREN
(1) We initiated contact with Campbell Brown, he didn't contact us.
(2) You claim it ruins local footy. Almost a 1000 more people attended than would normally be the case. I suggest that's good for the profile of local footy.
(3) Campbell "off the field" is an absolute gentlemen. From the moment we made contact with him Campbell was a pleasure to deal with. Nothing was too much trouble for him leading up to Sunday & on the day. He actually rang us the week before asking if we could fast-track his clearance to play against Goorambat. Why? Because rather than show up Sunday he wanted to familiarise himself with the players & their names. We just couldn't get the clearance through in time. Otherwise he would have played a week earlier then driven back to Melbourne.
(4) It's so so easy to sit there a pick off others. Most clubs haven't the ticker or even audacity to pull something like this off. We had a crack & it worked.
(5) We would've won without him because those who saw the match couldn't help be impressed with the way the Blues played. Brown Dog pretty much didn't leave the 50 & was hit up on leads lace out countless times. No wonder he bagged 10!
(6) Lastly, you obviously don't live around here because if you did you'd know some other O&K clubs have made it all about money & nothing else. So to be competitive our club needed to look outside the square & that's exactly what we've done.

Have a good day.

D
(2) You claim it ruins local footy. Almost a 1000 more people attended than would normally be the case. I suggest that's good for the profile of local footy.
(3) Campbell "off the field" is an absolute gentlemen. From the moment we made contact with him Campbell was a pleasure to deal with. Nothing was too much trouble for him leading up to Sunday & on the day. He actually rang us the week before asking if we could fast-track his clearance to play against Goorambat. Why? Because rather than show up Sunday he wanted to familiarise himself with the players & their names. We just couldn't get the clearance through in time. Otherwise he would have played a week earlier then driven back to Melbourne.
(4) It's so so easy to sit there a pick off others. Most clubs haven't the ticker or even audacity to pull something like this off. We had a crack & it worked.
(5) We would've won without him because those who saw the match couldn't help be impressed with the way the Blues played. Brown Dog pretty much didn't leave the 50 & was hit up on leads lace out countless times. No wonder he bagged 10!
(6) Lastly, you obviously don't live around here because if you did you'd know some other O&K clubs have made it all about money & nothing else. So to be competitive our club needed to look outside the square & that's exactly what we've done.

Have a good day.
Dunno anything about the club or league but this is a great response, credit to you Bunyip & your club.

Have a good day.
As an Ex Greta player and now with a club in similar position in Bendigo who has enlisted the help of Fev in a few weeks I can only see positives
But the whole player payment thing is getting out of hand
Well done to Greta

As an Ex Greta player and now with a club in similar position in Bendigo who has enlisted the help of Fev in a few weeks I can only see positives
But the whole player payment thing is getting out of hand
Well done to Greta
As a newby to the area, whats the difference of paying a one off cameo apperance big money or a player for the year??

As a newby to the area, whats the difference of paying a one off cameo apperance big money or a player for the year??

Would a non-AFL player put bums on seats & be front page news? It's not just the game itself which was a success both on & off field.
The Sportsmans Night was packed. We we were expecting 180 people. Apart from the days sponsors we all paid $45 a head to attend.
Plus we had auctions & memorabilia sold on the night.Do I really need to go on??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back