Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

It is nearly Feb and most clubs should be on the track by now. Lets start seeing some names of who is in and out.

The ins at Goorambat as far as I know are
Shane McKean
Andy Polwarth
Crush Dalton
Patty Hide
Andrew Cook
Brett Pollard (ex Greta)
Jarred Brennan
Cam Symes
Anthony Symes
plus for or five more who's names escape me.

The only loss that I know of is Freeman the ruckman from last year.

Their maybe some fresher news about but that's what I have.
Big influx of players.... How does this leave them under the new points system? Would be a wonderful world if they maintained full list from last season to be able to field 2 full teams each week, which no doubt regardless of which club you're affiliated with is becoming harder and harder to do! No idea why anyone would want a reserves coaching role

Avenel football club looking for a practice match 19TH March at Avenel , if anyone is interested PM me
Cheers Jason

Good on Goorambat for getting together a competitive list. It would be good if they can generate some money out there and improve their ground and change rooms. Because at the moment it is not up to scratch. probably the worst facilities in the league for football

Batcave best of luck with the recruits mate but face the facts you'll be bottom 4 along with blacks, North Wang and Greta or Mohyu.

Valley on the other hand are looking good. #wowweeeee

Batcave best of luck with the recruits mate but face the facts you'll be bottom 4 along with blacks, North Wang and Greta or Mohyu.

Valley on the other hand are looking good. #wowweeeee
Mate we will easily defeat all of those teams! Have the valley even got a recruit?

Good on Goorambat for getting together a competitive list. It would be good if they can generate some money out there and improve their ground and change rooms. Because at the moment it is not up to scratch. probably the worst facilities in the league for football
Mate if we are talking grounds there are a handful in this league that are just as bad as the bat cave if not worse!

See All Blacks & Goorambat have already received 4 more points for 2016 season which goes against what Ne AfL Vic said would happen.
would not of thought the way they were talking any clubs fitted into getting extra points
if finishing on the bottom is reason give all the bottom 4 club extra points
Blacks problems have been there own doing poor recruiting choices
Bats need to improve there facilities and ground if they wont to recruit retain players

Mate if we are talking grounds there are a handful in this league that are just as bad as the bat cave if not worse!

I'm not sure which ones? Bat Cave is terrible. when wet its a disgrace. and changerooms and function rooms is exactly the same. Well below what they should be. Im just saying hopefully a bit more success on the field breeds some good things off the field. otherwise as was just said by RATPACK it will be difficult to retain players.

I think Goorambat will surprise you guys, I do not believe they will compete for top 3 or 4 in the first year of a rejuvenated list but they will push the sides that are to earn it, and there are only a handful of clubs in the league that can afford to go bagging out someone else's facilities and so far I bet we haven't heard opinions from them.

And bipolaroos, how about we quote that statement back to you in august or September hey??
I'd even be tempted to bet that Goorambat finish higher on the ladder than king valley........
because I would not be suprised if you played them in an elimination final.....

Anyone have a list of ins and outs for The Doon ?

Outs I know Of Are:
Heath Fidock, Scott Gross, Matt Zanini, Danni Hazlewood, All The Stathmerton Boys
Have Picked up a couple from Shepparton way and from Lancefeild/Wallan way I think they have recruited 5-6 New Players all pretty high quality players

anyone know about the clearances page on the league web site......hasn't updated for a long time from what I can see. Either that or no one has submitted one yet....

Mate we will easily defeat all of those teams! Have the valley even got a recruit?
Gbat have recruited well which is good to see. Hopefully they can keep all of those guys in their mid 30s on the park as they can all play. Also hope they all commit for a few years not just 1 season (on reduced coin) to allow the club to recruit more players next year. Would hate to see the club bust their ass to generate the $55k to cover that list only to see some retire at the end of the year.

I'm sure the clubs you said you will beat easily will be doing their best to prove you wrong. I know Greta have lost a couple of older players and have replaced them with guys in the 19-23 age bracket which is exactly what they needed to do to start to build their list over the next 2 seasons. Be careful knocking clubs like them and King Vally as at least they have flushing toilets and running water in their club rooms. Both clubs have spent/are spending plenty of $ on their community facilities with the intent of bringing them up to the best standard they can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't think it was any worse than greta, Glenrowan or Whorouly.
Not everyone has grounds like tarra, nth wang, Benalla or bright or bonnie doon.

Whorouly is a pretty good ground.
And at least those three grounds have mostly grass not just waterweed.
Lucky you still don't play at Chiltern as would have to be one of the worst surfaces in the area
Played on it in the 90's and seems no better now days

I wouldn't think it was any worse than greta, Glenrowan or Whorouly.
Not everyone has grounds like tarra, nth wang, Benalla or bright or bonnie doon.
Nth wang and bright are terrible! Why do you think finals are no longer played at nth wang? A few years ago I remember running out for a finals game in ankle deep mud! As soon as either ground gets an inch or two of rain they go to s**t! Fantastic facilities but! Doon definitely have the best surface but away rooms are a joke, canteen is twice the size! At least they have made them a bit bigger from what they were when they first came into comp, and Benalla need to sort out their showers, would get a higher pressure taking a piss

Nearly the "official" silly season with clearances opening feb 1. Hopefully a few of the lower end teams pick up. How are numbers around training tracks?
Doon looking good with multiple new guys on board looking to be a much stronger unit this year. Also I belive the continued works on the rooms is underway with the plans to have the old home rooms now the away rooms and the old canteen and away rooms now the home rooms. Hopfully this is complete early in the year. This will give the bomber boys (and girls) some of the best facility's and ground in the league.

Goorambats ground and facilities are the worst by far. And as for them pushing up too the top sides you have got too be kidding me... Coming from a long way back

Outs I know Of Are:
Heath Fidock, Scott Gross, Matt Zanini, Danni Hazlewood, All The Stathmerton Boys
Have Picked up a couple from Shepparton way and from Lancefeild/Wallan way I think they have recruited 5-6 New Players all pretty high quality players

Believe that hazelwood is back for another year and possibly fidock to play few games to qualify for finals

Surprised no one has mentioned Milawa. Absolute shitouse ground with pot holes everywhere. Good luck when it pours down raining especially around the forward pockets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back