O&M 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Wodonga Raiders about to announce 4 recruits. 2 sets of brothers. Will make their points interesting

Updated version of pre season Ladder on what recruiting news has been floating around

Albury
Wodonga Raiders
Yarrawonga
Lavington
Wangaratta

Wodonga
Myrtle ford
Wang Rovers
North Albury
Corowa/Rutherglen

Updated version of pre season Ladder on what recruiting news has been floating around

Albury
Wodonga Raiders
Yarrawonga
Lavington
Wangaratta

Wodonga
Myrtle ford
Wang Rovers
North Albury
Corowa/Rutherglen

Albury - still by a mile although few players having issues outside of footy might bring the other side's within ten goals
Lavington - Gestier plus Kade Stevens back from injury makes them better.
Yarra - Recruited fairly well and the Symes boys make a massive difference. Obviously losing Fev and Pettifer hurt but midfield is top rate and the GV Centre Half Back plus McMillan means tall stocks should be fine.
Raiders - lost Sam Murray who was a gun and Goldsmith who kicked 7 in a final. Haven't picked up that much. Bryant is handy but can't kick and the boys in the paper today sound raw.
Wang - Newton will obviously be hard to stop and Grossman will be a good pick up. Their thirds have won past 2 Grand Finals so might surprise.
Myrtleford - recruited pretty well. Local kids will play with more passion because it's their home club.
Nth Albury - Aker has surprised last two seasons. Think he will put a good plan together and win a few games.
Wodonga - Lost Zac Jones and Ben Hollands but pick up Doswell and Heagny. They won their first 4 games last year but only won 2 of the next 14. They weren't that good.
Wang Rovers - finish 9th because they will beat Corowa
Corowa - feel sorry for them because even though I don't barrack for anyone it is actually my favourite O&M club. I like the country feel.

Still think Lavy maybe lacking pace this year, losing banks, palmer and young Mclellan means they have no one with genuine speed.. Gestier, Prior , all in the one forward line looks good on paper, but who are the smells at their feet??? Hope Steveo gets through the year injury free has had a wretched run past few years, he could perhaps play as that small forward? Nick Meredith is also a significant loss.

I hear the Raiders are very close to announcing the signature of Adam Flagg as well.

Still think Lavy maybe lacking pace this year, losing banks, palmer and young Mclellan means they have no one with genuine speed.. Gestier, Prior , all in the one forward line looks good on paper, but who are the smells at their feet??? Hope Steveo gets through the year injury free has had a wretched run past few years, he could perhaps play as that small forward? Nick Meredith is also a significant loss.

I hear the Raiders are very close to announcing the signature of Adam Flagg as well.
Where has McLellan gone? Raiders will have to be inventive with their forward half as they won't be overly tall- relying on hybrid mid sized guys to kick goals. Can you win finals without a couple of keys? Not sure. Lavington may have too many

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know anything about Haydn Cook from Nth Alb? I hear he is coming down to Ovens and King League.

I see that Rand Walbundrie and Walla look like merging. Does anyone think an Ovens and Murray club would every merge? Maybe one of the Wang sides could merge with Myrtleford. It would make for a pretty powerful combination.
Brock Burrum have won two flags since merging because both sides were on their knees and Rand Walbundrie have played in a grand final.

I see that Rand Walbundrie and Walla look like merging. Does anyone think an Ovens and Murray club would every merge? Maybe one of the Wang sides could merge with Myrtleford. It would make for a pretty powerful combination.
Brock Burrum have won two flags since merging because both sides were on their knees and Rand Walbundrie have played in a grand final.
Thought we already had Corowa Rutherglen f.c? Only logical mergers on geographic grounds are the 2 wang clubs, and/or 2 wodonga clubs. Not going to happen in wang! Only way there would be a complete new club with no input from either side of golf links drive. I think "over our dead bodies" would be sentence most used.

Thought we already had Corowa Rutherglen f.c? Only logical mergers on geographic grounds are the 2 wang clubs, and/or 2 wodonga clubs. Not going to happen in wang! Only way there would be a complete new club with no input from either side of golf links drive. I think "over our dead bodies" would be sentence most used.

Does anyone else find it odd that Corowa/Rutherglen play in the O&M and there's still a Rutherglen team in the TFL?

What's the history behind this?

Ill have a go, Head.The two clubs merged yet still had two separate but officially linked teams in different comps. Corowa rutherglen in the coreen league and corowa rutherglen in the o and m, the idea being that one club fed the other. The coreen league team played at rutherglen wore roos jumpers and were very successful. They moved to the ovens and king and became the rutherglen corowa cats. (Guessing a clash with KV is the reason for the jumper change).Then they dropped the corowa part of the name and moved into the tfl. They are no longer officially connected nor spiritually. Not sure when the formal split happened but I am guessing that rutherglen just needed a team to call its own.

Ill have a go, Head.The two clubs merged yet still had two separate but officially linked teams in different comps. Corowa rutherglen in the coreen league and corowa rutherglen in the o and m, the idea being that one club fed the other. The coreen league team played at rutherglen wore roos jumpers and were very successful. They moved to the ovens and king and became the rutherglen corowa cats. (Guessing a clash with KV is the reason for the jumper change).Then they dropped the corowa part of the name and moved into the tfl. They are no longer officially connected nor spiritually. Not sure when the formal split happened but I am guessing that rutherglen just needed a team to call its own.
Interesting and probably pretty close. Previous post mentioned strength via merger? Obviously Corowa and Rutherglen had some sucess early after. Corowa(Rutherglen) I think won a flag early 2000's. Last few years? Struggle town. Doesn't answer or fix the basic question of putting a team or 3 on the park each week. Quite sadly something has gone wrong in the last 5? 10? Years . Maybe the question has to be asked of club administrators,league officials, and a very sad group of individual club supporters as to "who killed red robin"?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back