Club Legend
Feb 17, 2005
Nowhere near you
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manangatang 3rds
copernicus said:
15,000 to a country league game? That's incredible! What an atmosphere that would have been. I wonder what the records are in other country leagues?
The Geelong league used to go close to 15,000 in the old days...especially at West Oval

Aug 3, 2005
Mossy Park
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Flat Track Bully said:
I'm not sure on both counts...I'm led to believe, however, the Uncle may be expanding his role in the Goulburn Valley community...

Doesn't the GV give little admit one tickets to you as you buy your ticket, that way they can find out how many tickets they gave out and get a close estimate if not an accurate account of how many people turned up?

I think the GV get near 10k don't they? They have had near $100k gates i'm pretty sure, which means $10 for a senior, you would expect a few students etc, so it has to be greater than 10k people.

Who knows, if its a fine day, which it is supposed to be, on Sunday, you would expect a decent crowd at the GV GF this week.

Good game for the O&M anyway, with that crowd, would have been a fair specticle.

MG77B

Senior List
Nov 2, 2002
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Great to see the old dark navy blues have a win. My old man use to be major sponsor of them in the late 80's...until the Lavington v Wodonga blood bath

Flat Track Bully

Club Legend
Feb 17, 2005
Nowhere near you
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manangatang 3rds
MG77B said:
Great to see the old dark navy blues have a win. My old man use to be major sponsor of them in the late 80's...until the Lavington v Wodonga blood bath

That may be the most frightenin bit of footy I've ever laid eyes on...

Andyt30

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2005
Wendouree
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins, Heathcote Saints
my cousin was coach in Myrtlesfords last Premiership my cousin use to coach and play for Myrtleford , then he went and coached Bright to Premierships, he's got footy jumpers in his Garage.

Also dose anyone know where i can buy the O&M 2005 Grandfinal i;d love to
see it :)
ya can e-mail me Andyt29@hotmail.com.

thanks

from

Andrew

RiverinAFL

Senior List
Aug 7, 2003
Melbourne CBD
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Griffith Swans
copernicus said:
15,000 to a country league game? That's incredible! What an atmosphere that would have been. I wonder what the records are in other country leagues?

RFL 7,000 in 1982 (1st Season)
SWDFL 12,400 in 1959 (Became RFL along with Farrer in 1982)
The SWDFL drew similar finals crowd to the O&M until about the 70's
Between 9 and 12 thousand every year for the Grandfinal. The Farrer league averaged between 4 and 7 thousand in the same period.

Local District leagues, Hume, Coreen, Tallangatta, Ovens & King
draw between 4 and 6 thousand depending on teams and weather on the day

The Ovens and King took their Grandfinal to the City (Wangaratta) this year and got 5,500. Probably the biggest in many years.

It was a shame that Saturday week was a wild and wet day otherwise a number of other leagues throughout Victoria and Southern NSW would have also drawn massive crowds.

Aug 24, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton FC, Parra Eels
They're expecting 13,500 to the GVFL decider today, I've heard.

Can anyone provide a list of this year's GF attendences from all major Vic comps?

Back