Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

I mentioned in the weekly thread that he should have had that pick 6. Just dropped it.

Agree so much on Carr. Looks more settled than any QB we've had for years and years. Being able to hit up our receivers is a testament to how good he has been considering how average they all are.

Rivera getting some more looks is good to see, despite your dislike of him, GG
Don't dislike Rivera, it's just he's not an in-line te, but a move te. I like the inline ones. We'll still have to draft one because Rivera can't block.

And carr i don't think is just the best raider rookie we've had for decades, but one of the Better rookie qbs I've seen in the last say 10 years.

Don't dislike Rivera, it's just he's not an in-line te, but a move te. I like the inline ones. We'll still have to draft one because Rivera can't block.

And carr i don't think is just the best raider rookie we've had for decades, but one of the Better rookie qbs I've seen in the last say 10 years.

Best QB we've had for a while, is what i meant.

I know you don't really dislike him, just don't believe he's a true number 1 TE. I agree with you on that, by the way, I do like what what he can bring to the table.

A young boy's family moves from Denver to San Diego. He goes to class on the first day of school, and to get the kids excited and involved the teacher asks them, "Who here likes the Chargers?" Everyone in the class raises their hands and cheers, except for the young boy from Denver who sits quietly in the back.

The teaches asks the boy, "What's the matter, don't you like football?"

And the boy says, "Of course I do, it's just that I'm a Denver Broncos fan."

And so the teacher says, "But this is San Diego, we don't like the Broncos here, we like the Chargers."

And the boy responds, "Oh well my family lives here now, but my mother is from Boulder, my father is from Colorado Springs, they're both Broncos fans so I'm a Broncos fan."

And the teacher says, "Yes, but you are a little boy in San Diego. You don't have to be something just because your parents are. I mean what would you do if your mother was a prostitute and your father was a gang banger?"

Without missing a beat the boy responds, "Oh, well then I'd be a Raiders fan."

BeSLnleCMAAC6mL.jpg:large

QB’s (with more weapons on their team) in their first year… Just saying…

Derek Carr (0 win / 8 loss) Att = 290, Cmp = 176, Cmp% =60.7, TD = 11, Int = 7

Peyton Manning (1 win / 7 loss) Att = 292, Cmp = 161, Cmp% =55.1, TD = 11, Int = 16

Andrew Luck (3 win / 5 loss) Att = 336, Cmp = 190, Cmp% = 56.5,TD = 10, Int = 8

Russell Wilson (4 win / 4 loss) Att = 210, Cmp = 129, Cmp% =61.4, TD = 10, Int = 8

Jim Kelly (2 win / 6 loss) Att = 223, Cmp = 134, Cmp% =60.0, TD = 7, Int = 12

Troy Aikman (0 win / 8 loss) Att = 213, Cmp = 109, Cmp% =51.1, TD = 8, Int = 13

A young boy's family moves from Denver to San Diego. He goes to class on the first day of school, and to get the kids excited and involved the teacher asks them, "Who here likes the Chargers?" Everyone in the class raises their hands and cheers, except for the young boy from Denver who sits quietly in the back.

The teaches asks the boy, "What's the matter, don't you like football?"

And the boy says, "Of course I do, it's just that I'm a Denver Broncos fan."

And so the teacher says, "But this is San Diego, we don't like the Broncos here, we like the Chargers."

And the boy responds, "Oh well my family lives here now, but my mother is from Boulder, my father is from Colorado Springs, they're both Broncos fans so I'm a Broncos fan."

And the teacher says, "Yes, but you are a little boy in San Diego. You don't have to be something just because your parents are. I mean what would you do if your mother was a prostitute and your father was a gang banger?"

Without missing a beat the boy responds, "Oh, well then I'd be a Raiders fan."

And he would be proud and he would've been since the day he was born. not a bandwagoner.

The Raiders are averaging just 65.5 rushing yards per game, which would be the worst mark since the Lions averaged 42.5 in 1946.

And yet, the Raiders continue to mothball second-year pro Latavius Murray while "featuring" Darren McFadden and Maurice Jones-Drew. The Raiders' veteran jalopies are averaging 3.32 yards per carry on their 124 combined totes. Murray has touched the ball exactly twice since Week 3. None of this is to suggest that Murray is some elite talent who's been getting bottled up, but it's baffling the 0-8 Raiders aren't trying to find out what they have in the second-year pro. It's also embarrassing that the Raiders have no other young talent at a position where it's relatively easy to find.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The City of Oakland has a deal (including a new stadium) with the Raiders ready to sign, but Mark Davis hasn't signed it yet......because he wants to still try to finagle a deal with the NFL LA Committee to relocate there. Last resort will be to stay in Oakland with that deal (as there are some catches). The San Antonio thing is to try to coerce the LA Committee to agree to the Los Angeles relocation.

The City of Oakland has a deal (including a new stadium) with the Raiders ready to sign, but Mark Davis hasn't signed it yet......because he wants to still try to finagle a deal with the NFL LA Committee to relocate there. Last resort will be to stay in Oakland with that deal (as there are some catches). The San Antonio thing is to try to coerce the LA Committee to agree to the Los Angeles relocation.

This is factually incorrect. Mark has publicly stated that getting a stadium in Oakland is the #1 priority. City of Oakland does not have a deal that is ready to be signed by Mark. A new investor group has come on board and they are negotiating along with Colony Capital as to hopefully getting a stadium for the Raiders in the ground. This is far from a sure thing. They haven't even agreed upon (all parties) as to how a 500 million shortfall (at the very least) is going to be made up from the investors, because the City is not putting forward a cent toward this.

If they don't come to an agreement within the next 3-6 months, expect Mark to make a huge push to Los Angeles, specifically the site at Hollywood Park. San Antonio is still in play but is a massive long shot, and is being looked at in an attempt to get things moving faster in Oakland. The people in Oakland have ignorantly stuck their noses up at this, claiming that Mark has no where to go and hence they can take all the time in the world to get something done with the Raiders. This is what pisses me most off. If you want to keep the Raiders, get a deal done. Don't get all political with the bullshit games, because Mark will leave. I for one won't be sorry if Mark relocates this team away from Oakland. They've required tarps to get sell outs (i.e. fans don't want to spend the money), and the City doesn't want to pay to keep them there. So if these investors can't get something done, time to move on. There is no other way to look at it, because right now, the Coliseum as it is, is burning.

Grantland's Bill Barnwell puts the odds of the Raiders going through the 2014 season winless at 21%. He explains his method for calculating those odds in the article below.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-week-10-playoffs-carson-palmer-oakland-raiders/
I like this glimmer of hope

That Broncos game, strangely, may be the contest that leaves the Raiders with their actual best chance of victory. On a typical day, the Raiders would be something close to a 17-point underdog in Denver. Week 17 is not typical. The Broncos might very well have their seed in the AFC playoff picture sealed, in which case they might choose to sit Peyton Manning and some of their other stars and let Brock Osweiler loose on the Raiders. Osweiler went 2-of-5 for 13 yards against Oakland in mop-up work Sunday. Drop Denver’s win expectancy in Week 17 to, say, an even 50 percent and Oakland’s chances of going 0-16 fall to 11.7 percent.

I just hope we don't do something stupid and actually win, yes, I said it, win and finish 1-15 and hand pick #1 to the Jags or the Bucs. I will dispute what a win now will do for the morale of the team. Just tank out the season and ensure first pick. I know, I'm talking like the team runs out on the field saying 'hey, let's lose today because we're a chance of winning'.

Right now, we need all the help we can get so why not have the future in our hands. We'll be handing the keys to our new GM (most likely) and new HC with pick #1 and a heap of salary cap money, maybe even news of a new home.

Right now everything sux but I can foresee a bright future.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I detest fans who are happier to see the team finish last or near last, rooting for the higher pick. It's a disgrace of an attitude. Only care about winning. I'd rather finish 7-9 than 0-16. You don't need high picks to draft well. The amount of players who bust, you're always 50-50 shot wherever you sit on the draft board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back