Opinion Objectives for round 23 v Essendon?

Objectives for round 23 versus Essendon?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Last game of the season. It's a dead rubber. We're playing one of the worst teams in the comp on recent form, and half of them will be dreaming of November.

What do you think we want to get out of this game?

Poll above. List below for those who want to quote.

Give promising debutants a taste of senior footy (Cox, Goodyear, Mantiet)
Give young players experience ( + Oxley, Kennedy)
Give players likely to retire a farewell game (Dwyer? Young?)
Final chance for players who are becoming uncontracted (Seedsman, Karnezis ...)
Give young leaders a chance to step up? (- Pendlebury, - Sidebottom)
Beat the stuffing out of Essendon, put the best team we can out on the park
Refusing to provide a 'Tanking' option :mad:
Other?

We are already well and truly playing enough youngsters. Playing to win the game must be our main objective obviously!! Don't see how playing a bunch of unready or unworthy players and losing to Essendon in the final round of the year will help our development one iota!

We got 3 players injured from last night. There's some room for changes.
PK for Sinclair.
Marsh goes back and Pendles goes mid / fwd.
Cox for Cloke.
BenKen in for Swan

We got 3 players injured from last night. There's some room for changes.
PK for Sinclair.
Marsh goes back and Pendles goes mid / fwd.
Cox for Cloke.
BenKen in for Swan

Cloke didnt play, he cant go out.

Cox wont play.

The only possible ruck change will be Witts for Grundy if Grundys shoulder is sore. White will stay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last night we ended the Cats reign of finals success.....as well as a few careers. Next week is the start of a two year holiday for the drug cheats. Lets see them off in teh right manner with a smashing.
I say this tongue firmly planted in cheek
There is irony in us calling them drug cheats

Thrash those campaigners. The thing is, our "best 22" is laden with youth and players we want to give a game to for development purposes anyway.

No mucking around, pick the best 22 we can to win the game.

I'd even consider dropping Marsh or Scharenberg back to the VFL just because we might be going in a bit young.

I'd bring in Caff as a reward for getting back from the knee injury, he will add to the toughness around the ball, something Essendon aren't renowned for now that the peptides have worn off.

Smash the Bombers, then line up like good sports to farewell Fletcher.

No mucking around, pick the best 22 we can to win the game.

I'd even consider dropping Marsh or Scharenberg back to the VFL just because we might be going in a bit young.

I'd bring in Caff as a reward for getting back from the knee injury, he will add to the toughness around the ball, something Essendon aren't renowned for now that the peptides have worn off.

Smash the Bombers, then line up like good sports to farewell Fletcher.
Totally respect the caf, but not sure hes seasoned enough for seniors.

Totally respect the caf, but not sure hes seasoned enough for seniors.
Can always play as the sub, and judging on what I saw in the VFL last week he's only one run away from being ready. We did promote him off the LTI for Gault last week, wouldn't have done that if we weren't considering playing him. Perfect Swan replacement, heck he's like a B class Swan, can play mid or forward.

Can always play as the sub, and judging on what I saw in the VFL last week he's only one run away from being ready. We did promote him off the LTI for Gault last week, wouldn't have done that if we weren't considering playing him. Perfect Swan replacement, heck he's like a B class Swan, can play mid or forward.
Take your point, didnt think of the LTI upgrade with Gault.
Ha ha agre he is a B type of swan, but there really is only one swan and caf is top clubman.
But does the beard come off? That beard has its own spot on our list.

Back