Opinion Objectives for round 23 v Essendon?

Objectives for round 23 versus Essendon?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Take your point, didnt think of the LTI upgrade with Gault.
Ha ha agre he is a B type of swan, but there really is only one swan and caf is top clubman.
But does the beard come off? That beard has its own spot on our list.
I don't know about the beard but he can't play seniors if he is going to tie the beard up in a pony tail like solution under the chin.

Let it flow or get rid of it.:drunk:

I combined B, D and F.
The goal is still to win the game, but as Bucks has said all year - we play the kids when they've shown they are ready.

I think the B and D groups sort of go together. We have a sizeable group of guys who have not been good enough to be regular 22's players, but have either shown quality of times, or have shown the potential to be useful. Every offseason there are some tough calls that need to be made to decide on what your squad will look like next year, and this year theres the added factor of us chasing a couple of guys in trades - need to decide who we would be willing to give up in a trade, and who we want to keep. Now I have no idea what the footballing future of some of these guys will hold... but giving them another opportunity to get a game will always be useful.

I wouldn't play guys who aren't ready, or who have too many other guys ahead of them in the rotation... Sorry Mason Cox, that means you. I'm very optimistic about what his future might hold, but only way he gets a shot is if Grundy/Witts/White are all injured/need a rest.

I would rest seniors guys who are carrying injuries/soreness that we think would be better managed with an extra week off (or Reid - I feel anxious everytime he is out there... but he is looking much better, and more confident in his body, than he did in the few games last year)... and thats probably the decision we made with Cloke last night, but I wouldn't rest guys just for the sake of it.

I don't know about the beard but he can't play seniors if he is going to tie the beard up in a pony tail like solution under the chin.

Let it flow or get rid of it.:drunk:
He with the gold sack signed my nephews jumper.
No beard then.
But when you next to them you realise just how tall the players are.
Wow imagine Witts next to them
And Cox
I think for height our list is tallest Cox, Witts, Keefe *

* to be delisted

The stakes are HUGE this week ...

... we're playing for the "bottom of the curve".

Since Buckley took over in 2012 we've been drifting slowly down the ladder: 4th to 6th to 11th. Our coach and our team and our club have been widely pilloried for it.

If we win next week there's the likelihood we'll finish above 11th, we'll have the same win:loss as last year (11:11) but with much superior percentage.

It'll be a signal that we've gone past the bottom of the curve, and we can look forward to heading back up. We can embrace the excitement that our young team will bring us, and look forward to improvement.

I was so impressed with us last night. We finally arrived on a formula that worked. We controlled the tempo of the game by possessing it.

Our structure was right. Grundy with Moore in the ruck. Reid back in defense. White supporting Moore forward. I think we need to keep that formula, build on that and play our best team. Go into the off season with some belief.

Swan and Sinclair will need to come out of the side. That will give our two best performed VFL players an opportunity in the seniors.

I think its important to finish off the year well. Last nights result and a big win (hopefully) over Essendon will give the young guys a real taste of what they are capable of. A confidence booster going into a big pre-season.

No mucking around, pick the best 22 we can to win the game.

I'd even consider dropping Marsh or Scharenberg back to the VFL just because we might be going in a bit young.

I'd bring in Caff as a reward for getting back from the knee injury, he will add to the toughness around the ball, something Essendon aren't renowned for now that the peptides have worn off.

Smash the Bombers, then line up like good sports to farewell Fletcher.

No role for Caff. We have Greenwood, Adams and Degoey who are kamakazes for our club. No need for Caff. He's a great bloke and loved by the inner sanctum but the best outcome for us is that those three guys mean he has no role and he'll be an integral part of the VFL team in 2o16.

Our one and only objective should be to humiliate them.
Shouldn't be hard, they've done a good enough job of it themselves in recent times.:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give Goodyear a run for Sinclair(Injured)

One speedster for another.

The stakes are HUGE this week ...

... we're playing for the "bottom of the curve".

Since Buckley took over in 2012 we've been drifting slowly down the ladder: 4th to 6th to 11th. Our coach and our team and our club have been widely pilloried for it.

If we win next week there's the likelihood we'll finish above 11th, we'll have the same win:loss as last year (11:11) but with much superior percentage.

It'll be a signal that we've gone past the bottom of the curve, and we can look forward to heading back up. We can embrace the excitement that our young team will bring us, and look forward to improvement.

It's nice to think we have bottomed out at 11. So we are now past 6 on the premiership clock? It was also nice to ensure Geelong did not beat our streak of 8 consecutive finals appearances. I think the top sides with old age profiles are going to collapse hard and fast so I am hoping we will ricochet back up the ladder next year and beyond. :)

6280328262_b12d0a63c7_b.jpg

Back