'Obviously' - the most over used word ever!

Funkalicous

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 29, 2002
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Southport Sharks, Chicago Bulls
Personally I think "mate" is the most overused word, but it's a good word nonetheless.

And I don't say the word "obviously". It's too impolite. Instead I use the phrase "needless to say".

PA HOG

Club Legend
Aug 8, 2004
frankston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawthorn
Funkalicous said:
Personally I think "mate" is the most overused word, but it's a good word nonetheless.

And I don't say the word "obviously". It's too impolite. Instead I use the phrase "needless to say".

;) ...in the full knowledge, needless to say, that "needless to say" is followed by a superfluous assertion. Absolutely obvious, mate.

Macca_2311

Debutant
Aug 1, 2005
Other Teams
Richmond
PA HOG said:
;) ...in the full knowledge, needless to say, that "needless to say" is followed by a superfluous assertion. Absolutely obvious, mate.

Ive got a mate (thats for you Funkalicous), who always says superfluos instead of superb like Lano and Woodley do on one of their skits.

teams

Cancelled
Apr 9, 2004
victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
USAEagle said:
Click Here to find the definitive answer between obviously and absolutely. It's closer than you think!

Not sure of the relevance to "over used" but an interesting piece of soft ware.

Collingwood beat Essendon 2 to 1 and Newton was marginally in front of Einstein.

swaffi

Draftee
Apr 12, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
i must be hearing this word or reading this word about 20 or 30 times a day...it's as if people feel dirty for explaining stuff and feel the need to include it, i say if something is so obvious, then it shouldn't be mentioned at all
Yes absolutely, this "obviously" is so overused this year for some reason, I don't know why it has crept in this year so much, especially when the young players are being interviewed. It has crept in with the coaches as well. You'd think they'd know better. They say stuff like..."Tippett is obviously out with a calf" or "obviously he'll be out for a while" when it's not obvious at all! especially to people that don't know!
They do not need to say it and should not bloody say it when they bloody do!

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Surely "like" is currently the most overused word. The vast majority of teenagers overuse it. They really don't know the extent to which they overuse it. Even when trying to be serious such as when practising for a debating project at school, they have to be told to cut down the overuse of the word.

Back