rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
So... who's stupid ballsy enough to launch in tomorrow night at The Valley? :drunk:

Don't mind Burning Front EW in the 2nd. Will roll forward from the awkward gate, sit handy and give a kick. Never runs poorly, $9's and 3's with Lux.

Last edited:

Only two for me at the Val tomorrow night (happy to take the rail as ill be assuming its good early, famous last words) keeping the majority of the powder dry for Saturday and Sunday though:

R1 - Mawahibb, was just as good if not better than Keen Array at Caulfield. Draws inside him tomorrow night also. Took the $3.5 yesterday.

R3 - Amanpour, never goes any good 1st or 2nd up, not a terrible run last start, should lead and get this run to suit now she steps up to a favourable distance and at level weights. Happily on at $4.

Even by Cattery standards the field they have garnered for the GROUP 2 Stutt Stakes is an absolute disgrace. Should be being held at Pakenham on a Wednesday.

not sure if that field is even good enough for a Wednesday.

Hey, HEY, pipe down you campaigners. Don't you know my girl G1 winner Fenway beat the greatest horse in the universe First Cat Seal??

#greatrace #maybenot

Hey, HEY, pipe down you campaigners. Don't you know my girl G1 winner Fenway beat the greatest horse in the universe First Cat Seal??

#greatrace #maybenot

No $30 for you tomorrow unfortunately, champ.

Also, NSW racehorse of the year is clearly a mickey mouse award. :drunk:

#greatrace #maybenot

I did actually do a double take when they mentioned on Get On that she is a Group 1 winner.

No bets for me tomorrow :rainbow:

At this stage might have a stab in the dark at Angelic Light, Prince of Penzance and Mays Dream pending how they look. Not really keen to play at all, far better bets and money tied up on the two days afterwards.

like ball of muscle to cause upset
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FLAMBERGE does look farcical overs at the Cattery tonight - must have lost a leg. Was $4-$5 to beat Chat first up, finishes second - easily beating the rest and now rocks up at double figures here with Chat a no show. Seems a solid value selection.

FLAMBERGE with that gate I'd be concerned about the speed in the race and getting too far back at 1000m at MV. Still might be worth an E/W nibble but I can see him running out of time to chase them down.

FLAMBERGE does look farcical overs at the Cattery tonight - must have lost a leg. Was $4-$5 to beat Chat first up, finishes second - easily beating the rest and now rocks up at double figures here with Chat a no show. Seems a solid value selection.

2nd up stats not as spectacular as first up. Other than that, yeah, think he's overs as well.

No bet race for me but will be a very interesting watch nonetheless.

Petit Filous is far too skinny in the Moir for mine, as I have said she rates as G2-G3 at this stage and to put her price into perspective I have her on a similar level to Speak Fondly, this weekend I can get $2.60 or better for Speak Fondly against her age and sex, when you look at it that way Petit Filous price is putrid.

Petit Filous is a great chance in the race but her performance simply doesn't justify the price tonight.

Petit Filous is far too skinny in the Moir for mine, as I have said she rates as G2-G3 at this stage and to put her price into perspective I have her on a similar level to Speak Fondly, this weekend I can get $2.60 or better for Speak Fondly against her age and sex, when you look at it that way Petit Filous price is putrid.

Petit Filous is a great chance in the race but her performance simply doesn't justify the price tonight.

Confident you will see Petits Filous show you G1 ratings tonight.

Confident you will see Petits Filous show you G1 ratings tonight.

She "might" but leave me out @ $2.15, much better opportunities this weekend. Would you back Speak Fondly at $2.15 in this? They have raced to a similar level this campaign and I wouldn't back Speak Fondly in this at $2.15.

Remember this is 5th run of the preparation, how much improvement can we expect? I think she will end up a G1 horse but so much hype built into the price here.

I'd much prefer to back Chatauqua & Exosphere @ $1.40-$1.50 than back Petit Filous tonight.

I think she is a $3.50-$4 chance.

Hard to fault the logic - fail to see how Speak Fondly is not odds on up in Sydney.

Hard to fault the logic - fail to see how Speak Fondly is not odds on up in Sydney.

1600 the only question mark but we see class fillies time and time again beat their own age and sex at any distance range on pure ability.

I have her top 5 3yo's (currently racing) in the country, behind Exosphere & Press Statement and on par with the likes of Petit Filous, Basset and Japonisme.

Think she is great bet on Saturday, she is the dominant Sydney filly, gets the right race shape here and extremely hard to beat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back