ODI Tri-series: Australia vs England, Bellerive, Hobart.

Remove this Banner Ad

I just took a quick look at your posting history tonight to see how well that excuse stands up. Haddin batted roughly between about 9:10 and 10:05pm AEDT. Strangely enough, you made a string of posts consistently throughout that whole time - 8 in all, and 7 of them about cricket, I think. None about Haddin, though - just the complete silence about his innings that I was (very correctly) referring to.

Doesn't look very like much like you were "out" and had to "miss" that part of the match at all.
Firstly not that it is any of your business but I was at my mates place and we were mostly watching tennis (as in switching over to get a score).

Secondly I got home around 9:30 (again none of your business) and the cricket posts before that were generic comments which didn't require any tangible knowledge of the game at hand. keep clutching at straws, I was talking about Moises, you bring up Wade. Seems logical:$

Yeah we really missed his 5 off 10 balls I tell you!
All you had to say is his 2014 wasn't great and there's a solid argument. Cherry picking his last innings (even though not great either) C'mon man you're better than that:thumbsu:

I didn't see any of the match, but didn't Maxwell make a solid 30s score and bat with Smith for a long period after a couple of quick wickets? That seems ok to me
Was batting brilliantly. Lost 2 wickets and the order below him was very inexperienced
Then he took on the part time spinner and was beaten.
Next bowl did the exact same thing. Attacks the spinner. Smacked it hoping for a 6. Picked the only english fielder in the outfield with 40 meters and he didn't have to move an inch. As brayshaw said. Just had to extend the big dukes.

He was also dropped on 2. And tried attacking finn who just took 2 wickets in an over and decided to slap a ball to bell last bowl of the over

Firstly not that it is any of your business but I was at my mates place and we were mostly watching tennis (as in switching over to get a score).

Secondly I got home around 9:30 (again none of your business) and the cricket posts before that were generic comments which didn't require any tangible knowledge of the game at hand. keep clutching at straws, I was talking about Moises, you bring up Wade. Seems logical:$

Yeah, sure. The bottom line is you've been (stupidly) hating upon a guy who's a fantastic servant of Australian cricket and has been for a long time.

It's really comical for many reasons that you're now so obviously inventing paper-thin excuses and changing your story from post to post. But not least because it so clearly demonstrates how lame and desperate your arguments are about Haddin. Thanks for continuing to provide me with a lot of laughter tonight. ;)

I didn't see any of the match, but didn't Maxwell make a solid 30s score and bat with Smith for a long period after a couple of quick wickets? That seems ok to me

It's how he got out. He and Smith had a good partnership going, they were on track with run-rate, run rate required was manageable, just needed a big partnership to bat for another 10 overs and get most of the job done. Just when we thought he was playing sensible and mature cricket, for no reason at all he goes the big heave-ho and hits it right down the throat of the fielder standing just inside the rope.

Yeah, sure. The bottom line is you've been (stupidly) hating upon a guy who's a fantastic servant of Australian cricket and has been for a long time.

It's really comical for many reasons that you're now so obviously inventing paper-thin excuses and changing your story from post to post. But not least because it so clearly demonstrates how lame and desperate your arguments are about Haddin. Thanks for continuing to provide me with a lot of laughter tonight. ;)
I look forward to getting a chuckle from your posts on May 22;):p

All you had to say is his 2014 wasn't great and there's a solid argument. Cherry picking his last innings (even though not great either) C'mon man you're better than that:thumbsu:

Either way I am over carrying someone because they can captain, Bailey is lucky he is a 'leader'. We left Smith out for the first ODI for crying out loud!

Take the single, not the stupid defensive work he was doing. He stuffed up big time and will be dropped after this. He's a spud and deserved to be booed by the crowd.

He blocked a couple of balls, which were both in a good area. The rest of his innings he was trying to get the single/punch it through the gaps, but got thwarted by England's infield. He definitely almost screwed us over, but he'd be copping just as much s**t if he went for the lofted shot and got caught. Also had the nous to realise that he was floundering and gave Smith the strike with a suicide run.

Massive overreaction by the majority here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He blocked a couple of balls, which were both in a good area. The rest of his innings he was trying to get the single/punch it through the gaps, but got thwarted by England's infield. He definitely almost screwed us over, but he'd be copping just as much s**t if he went for the lofted shot and got caught. Also had the nous to realise that he was floundering and gave Smith the strike with a suicide run.

Massive overreaction by the majority here.

It shows how one dimensional he is. Try something...dab it to 3rd man, walk across, nudge it into the on side. He is such a poor option for Australia though, might as well have played Abbott for crying out loud if he is batting 8.

Missed the Australian innings, but Ian Bell must have been very unlucky not to get man of the match. Scored more runs at a higher strike rate than Smith.
That's where looking at the stats can be misleading. Smith's innings was much more polished.

I stand my conviction that Sandhu should have been MOTM.

That's where looking at the stats can be misleading. Smith's innings was much more polished.

I stand my conviction that Sandhu should have been MOTM.
Is the MOTM a ch9 decided thing? If so Smith was a shoe in.

Missed the Australian innings, but Ian Bell must have been very unlucky not to get man of the match. Scored more runs at a higher strike rate than Smith.

Smith won the match period. Sandhu the best of the bowlers by a mile

I'm honeymooning in Europe this summer and haven't seen a ball bowled since day 2 in Adelaide... But the growing mountain of scoreboards don't lie. Steve "Im barring up" Smith is the greatest Aus prodigy since Ponting and has the talent to pass him.

Get around this kid. 25yo captain who is leading from the front and will only.get better. He is the cricket equivalent of Botempelli, Parker and J Cameron in one.

Last edited:

For me, and I think for some others as well, it's not the ability the guy has that's the problem, it's his apparent lack of understanding of what is required of him at various stages during a game. Last night, the situation just didn't need the shot he played. It's as if he just has a brain explosion and suddenly he has the neurotic compulsion to play a shot as if it were a T20 game needing 6 to win off the last ball.

He needs to stop premeditating shots and start playing each ball on its merits. People got excited by the fact he made 136 from 91 balls for the Prime Minister's XI, but what he really needs is an innings where he makes 136 from 191 balls. That would develop him as a cricketer.

A lot of people were critical of Finch's innings when he made 96 the other night against India, but whereas he wasn't timing or hitting the ball as well as he would have hoped, I liked the innings because he didn't throw his wicket away through frustration and was prepared to work through it. Maxwell needs to train his mind to do the same thing.

For me, and I think for some others as well, it's not the ability the guy has that's the problem, it's his apparent lack of understanding of what is required of him at various stages during a game. Last night, the situation just didn't need the shot he played. It's as if he just has a brain explosion and suddenly he has the neurotic compulsion to play a shot as if it were a T20 game needing 6 to win off the last ball.

He needs to stop premeditating shots and start playing each ball on its merits. People got excited by the fact he made 136 from 91 balls for the Prime Minister's XI, but what he really needs is an innings where he makes 136 from 191 balls. That would develop him as a cricketer.

A lot of people were critical of Finch's innings when he made 96 the other night against India, but whereas he wasn't timing or hitting the ball as well as he would have hoped, I liked the innings because he didn't throw his wicket away through frustration and was prepared to work through it. Maxwell needs to train his mind to do the same thing.
No you can't hold the pov nowadays. All players must strike at a run a ball, as I've read on here at times.

#T20logic

As such agree wholeheartedly on Finch the other night. Only one who stood up and he was able to grind out an innings which was a match winning one as no one else passed 50.

37 from Maxwell is a bit encouraging, hopefully it was the platform from which he builds on for the remainder of the ODI's and the WC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back