Off season ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

So how'd that heart go for North? The team that got absolutely embarrassed in the prelim. I wouldn't start bagging out Freo for not winning a flag in the 20 years they have been in the comp either, when it took North 50 to win their first one
We weren't expected to make the prelim, whereas Freo were being talked up as flag material. Yet our campaign lasted longer than theirs. But yeah they have more "heart" than North.

Or the player that finished equal second in there B&F, great job letting Greenwood go :thumbsu:
He won't be missed. We let him go because we can live without him with depth in his position, and because he wasn't worth paying what he wanted at the expense of putting our cap out of whack. It's called list management. It's what you do when you build towards a flag. I wouldn't expect a Freo fan to understand.

He won't be missed. We let him go because we can live without him with depth in his position, and because he wasn't worth paying what he wanted at the expense of putting our cap out of whack. It's called list management. It's what you do when you build towards a flag. I wouldn't expect a Freo fan to understand.
Greenwood wont be missed lol ok, let me guess Higgins is going to be a great addition too? Greenwood>Higgins.

Yet Higgins comes in on marginally lower coin. Just ******* staggering.

We weren't expected to make the prelim, whereas Freo were being talked up as flag material. Yet our campaign lasted longer than theirs. But yeah they have more "heart" than North.
Freo weren't really being talked up as flag material considering it was all about Sydney, Hawks, Port and Cats because of all Freo's late season injuries. Like I said you guys showed a lot of heart in the prelim to get absolutely spanked by Sydney where at least Freo showed actual heart by being competitive in their games.

Freo weren't really being talked up as flag material considering it was all about Sydney, Hawks, Port and Cats because of all Freo's late season injuries. Like I said you guys showed a lot of heart in the prelim to get absolutely spanked by Sydney where at least Freo showed actual heart by being competitive in their games.
So we didn't require any heart to actually get to the prelim when many did not expect us to be there.
And Freo were competitive in their games, but we were not in the finals that we won by 12 and 6 point.

Yep, great logic there.

Yet Higgins comes in on marginally lower coin. Just ******* staggering.
Different players. Higgins filled a need. Levi was surplus to needs as we have many of his type.

You should more concerned about why 5 of your best 25 players voluntarily walked out on your club this year.

So we didn't require any heart to actually get to the prelim when many did not expect us to be there.
And Freo were competitive in their games, but we were not in the finals that we won by 12 and 6 point.

Yep, great logic there.
I'm not saying North have no heart I'm just showing you how stupid your claim is that Freo had no heart when your team didn't even put up a fight against the Swans.

Norths comeback win over Essendon was not the effort of a team lacking in heart. They matched up badly in the back half against the Bloods so the defeat there was expected, especially against a team coming off a rest the week before. Freo were brave in both their finals. The Sydney game was always an uphill battle and Port were a side to be avoided in the finals as they they hit red hot form at the right time. The Dockers were great for a half but the injury toll really told in the latter part of the game.Run off their feet. Freo had nothing to be ashamed of. Neither team left anything in the tank as far as I saw.

My off season idea is AFL to make a rapid change for 2015 Season schedule on ANZAC Day

AFL promised Mick team of his choice, time and venue for his milestone game, surpassing Jock McHales record of most games coached which next year will be an outstanding legendary night when he passes it

AFL knew that Round 5 would be the occasion however due to ANZAC Day clashes, scheduled it for Round 6 with Collingwood at the MCG, Saturday night..., instead Mick will coach his (actual) milestone game in New Zealand against St Kilda at 11:10am EST on Fox Footy & not against Pies the following week

The Schedule for ANZAC Day reads
- Saints v Blues; 11:10am
- Bombers v Pies; 2:40pm
- GWS v Gold Coast; 5:40pm
- Port v Hawthorn; 7:40pm
- Freo v Sydney; 8:40pm

MY IDEA is 2 options

1. Change teams for ANZAC Day
Carlton v Collingwood @ MCG
St Kilda v Essendon @ Wellington
(This we'll never happen, ever!)

2. Reschedule time of games which is make more sense than option 1

- Saints v Blues at 7:40pm EST Live of Free to Air in Wellington
- Power v Hawks at 11:10am also
Live Free to Air, this game would generate early energy and buzz to kick off 5 games of ANZAC Day

I believe option 2, putting Saints v Blues live at night and free, gives Mick the respect and honour he deserves and AFL should give as much focus on this game as the traditional MCG game and even more than Port v Hawks... First option is obsurd to ask to kill off a tradition but option 2 seems more logical and let R6 both Pies & Blues fans celebrate together at the MCG his achievements

Thoughts?

7.40pm EST means it needs to start 9.40pm in Wellington, meaning no one would go (they struggle for crowds as it is). The game would finish after midnight local time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7.40pm EST means it needs to start 9.40pm in Wellington, meaning no one would go (they struggle for crowds as it is). The game would finish after midnight local time

It's still better than early morning plus TV ratings would also improve as well, majority would watch night game over early morning game for sure

What's the point of playing the game in Wellington if you're going to play it at bullshit o'clock so no-one shows up? May as well just play it in Melbourne.

AFL really stuffed up here, should have scheduled 4 games on ANZAC Day instead of 5

NRL Can get away with it as games shorter and have set 2hr slots, they are promoting 5 games, 10 hours on ANZAC Day from 12pm-10pm but it works for them and it doesn't for AFL because our games go for 3hours

AFL 11:10am to nearly midnight

One game get screwed which is the Wellington game which should be televised

Remove this Banner Ad

Back