NRL "Off the ball"

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank god we aren't there! I would freeze to death!

Reminds me of these games though:

rugby-league-engage-super-league-celtic-crusaders-v-leeds-rhinos-racecourse-ground-2010-1-29-23-32-23.jpg

images

849.jpg

willows_snow_cas.jpg

and of course

snow-canberra-footy.gif

It snowed quite a bit here last night. Down in the South-West we don't generally get much snow, but there was a good 4 inches coverage this morning.

Wondered where this thread went. Should've left it as a thread RA, it's kinda interesting to see how keen you have to be if you want to play in the UK.

From the London Broncos twitter account.

BBHwTNiCIAAyBrD.jpg

Wondered where this thread went. Should've left it as a thread RA, it's kinda interesting to see how keen you have to be if you want to play in the UK.

From the London Broncos twitter account.

BBHwTNiCIAAyBrD.jpg

My thoughts exactly. Rugby League has been played in these conditions on both sides of the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pitch being prepared for Rugby League is freezing conditions at St Helens.

BA-YvmiCIAENg_O.jpg:large

So has Rugby Union, so has Soccer, so has Aussie Rules.

but we aren't posting on those sub forums.

I don't see the need for a thread for a "weather event" seeing as the season hasn't even stated in the UK.

The season hasn't started?

Why are they playing games since boxing day for? The traditional regular season may not have started but anyone that understands Rugby League in the UK knows that the Rugby League season is underaway.

Nevertheless

From the Super League themselves

BBInB9fCcAEupBR.jpg

I received an unwelcome email today:

Dear moto748
We are sorry to inform you but LIVESPORT.TV will no longer be providing the service for LIVENRL.

In light of this your subscription has therefore been closed and no further payments will be taken.

Thank you very much for subscribing to LIVESPORT.TV and please visit the NRL site for further details about online streaming.

Any questions please email - customerservices@performgroup.com

Regards,
LIVESPORT.TV Team

This seems to mean that I'll no longer get the C9/Fox Aussie broadcasts I get at the moment but Sky Sports. So whether it'll be the same actual broadcast, or something else (English commentators: I hope not; those goons that do the Superleague on Sky aren't a patch on Rabbits, Sterlo and co).

Still, it'll save me £9 a month. But I always thought that was money well spent. And of course, with a webcast (as opposed to TV programmes) I could watch all the matches whenever I wanted.

Pretty certain the matches are shown in the UK are direct feeds of the way the game is broadcasted in Australia.

Well, they were, until this season. I'll just have to wait and see how it pans out. But if it's not a webcast, I can't see how I'll see all the games. With the webcast, I could even watch games at work at lunch-time on my PC!

I should add that i don't own, and would never own, even if I won the lottery, a Sky satellite dish. The day I buy a newspaper, or a TV channel, or anything from Rupert f*****ing Murdoch will be the day I die.

Well, they were, until this season. I'll just have to wait and see how it pans out. But if it's not a webcast, I can't see how I'll see all the games. With the webcast, I could even watch games at work at lunch-time on my PC!

I should add that i don't own, and would never own, even if I won the lottery, a Sky satellite dish. The day I buy a newspaper, or a TV channel, or anything from Rupert f*****ing Murdoch will be the day I die.

The International rights were only sold a month ago, I'd say IMG is still negotiating with Sky for the HDTV feed and going by the below you'll get an app to watch it on aswell. Hope you've got an iPad and a BoxeeBox ;)
  • Guaranteed TV coverage in markets such as the U.K., U.S., Pacific and Asia.
  • Access to all games in HD either through TV or online platforms, as well as access to a 30-minute weekly highlights show.
  • A free digital NRL Channel for int'l fans featuring match vision and a mobile NRL app.
  • All NRL and State of Origin matches available on a live or near-live basis via TV or online, mobile apps, smart TVs or other media platforms.
  • Int'l fans in regions where there is no TV or IPTV rights deals in place will be able to access matches for free on a leading web destination, such as YouTube or USTREAM.
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Global/Issues/2012/12/20/Media/NRL-IMG.aspx

Remove this Banner Ad

Back