NRL "Off the ball"

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at Westfield Doncaster yesterday. At the ABC shop, there was a great grand finals dvd for sale at about $30. It had the 1984-89-91-97 and 99 GFs, if anyone's interested in getting it. I was thinking about getting it there and then. But for me, I'm not sure a great RL GF dvd can be a serious one if it hasn't got 2003 in it. I was tempted though.
I was back a Westfield Doncaster today. The dvd was still there at the ABC shop. This time, I bought it. You had your chance.

Can someone tell me what's the joke about Craig Gower on LU?

I refuse to visit that site and haven't been near it for about a year. I know you get poisonous members on any site and this site is no different but LU just seems to absolutely drowning in hate.
That said, what is LU saying about Gower? Is it something to do with him being in the Italian world cup squad?

I refuse to visit that site and haven't been near it for about a year. I know you get poisonous members on any site and this site is no different but LU just seems to absolutely drowning in hate.
That said, what is LU saying about Gower? Is it something to do with him being in the Italian world cup squad?
It's not so much what they're saying, but he keeps getting mentioned throughout numerous threads, it's some kind of in joke I had not yet found where it started. My impression of it is that he's been mentioned as some exaggerated, heroic figure, with a tonne of sarcasm.

I'd ask myself, but I can't seem to register on the site.

Thanks AM.
Enjoying the A League season atm. Can't believe how the code has grown in attendances and viewers on Fox & SBS.

Anyone else interested in football here?

Yep, and I'm loving the start of the season so far. Loving the fact that some games are now on FTA and we're on top of the league.

COME ON YOU BRISBANE ROAR!

Yep, and I'm loving the start of the season so far. Loving the fact that some games are now on FTA and we're on top of the league.

COME ON YOU BRISBANE ROAR!

Aren't you just blessed Ange was not coaching your team this Year.

Not sure how Victory will go without him even though I am hopeful Muscat will do the job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone watched the NRL (or any other sport, come to that) on a 3D TV?

What did you reckon, please?
I bought a Samsung 3D tv. A 55inch from the F6400 series. Cost a little under 2k and even thou I saw it as nothing more than a gimmic I turned on the 3D to watch one of the World Cup games and the experiance was amazing to say the least. Highly recommend it to anyone with a 3D tv. Its as if you are at the game watching it through a window. next best thing to actually being there.

Anyone heard about blake ferguson signing with the rabbitohs. Read about it on another site. Just wandering if anyone has heard about it here?

Lots of rumours, but nothing confirmed yet
hmm good luck to them if they do sign him. Could go either way really.

They could grab one of the biggest tools in the league that will no doubt rot their team frm the inside out.

Or the better senario that being around people like GI, Michael Maguire and Sutton that maybe they can help him get his head together. Help him get into a position where he can take them to a grand final as well as playing the full three games for the blues.

As much of a tool as ferguson is I really want to see him do well. So much talent to let go to waste.

As much of a flog as he is, the thought of GI and him on our kick returns is rather exciting
yea it'd be something to really envy. As much as I hate the rabbitohs it would be great to see for you guys. Im still waiting for my foundation team grand final.
lol had it taken from me this year with another Manly appearence.

A question please, about Australia. One thing Australia leads the world in, so the UK media is always telling us, is by enforcing massive gruesome pictures on cigarette packets. There is talk afoot to do the same thing here (there are already health warning, quite big, on the packets). Now I believe, although cut-price brands are cheaper, a packet of say 20 Marlboro costs about £8 here (I make that about 14.40 AUD), which is crazy dear. And price is surely the most effective way to discourage smoking.

But here's the thing. I know plenty of smokers, I'm one myself (moderately, of course ;)), and I only know one guy who still smokes cigarettes. Everyone else smokes roll-ups. When I first started smoking, 20 cigs cost about the same as half an ounce (now 12.5 grams) of tobacco. But as governments have increased the duty on cigs, and less so on tobacco over the years, the link has been lost. So now the tobacco costs about £4, half the price. And that's not all. Most people buy their tobacco not in shops, but from 'a bloke in the pub' who's brought it back on holiday from Greece or Belgium or somewhere where it's cheaper. So they might only be paying the equivalent of £2-£3 a packet.

So I don't see this measure doing much. So my question is, does rolling tobacco have the same pictures on in Australia as cigs? And how does the cost compare?

Of course I will understand if youse guys, for whom your bodies are all temples, are not so knowledgeable on this subject. :p

A question please, about Australia. One thing Australia leads the world in, so the UK media is always telling us, is by enforcing massive gruesome pictures on cigarette packets. There is talk afoot to do the same thing here (there are already health warning, quite big, on the packets). Now I believe, although cut-price brands are cheaper, a packet of say 20 Marlboro costs about £8 here (I make that about 14.40 AUD), which is crazy dear. And price is surely the most effective way to discourage smoking.

But here's the thing. I know plenty of smokers, I'm one myself (moderately, of course ;)), and I only know one guy who still smokes cigarettes. Everyone else smokes roll-ups. When I first started smoking, 20 cigs cost about the same as half an ounce (now 12.5 grams) of tobacco. But as governments have increased the duty on cigs, and less so on tobacco over the years, the link has been lost. So now the tobacco costs about £4, half the price. And that's not all. Most people buy their tobacco not in shops, but from 'a bloke in the pub' who's brought it back on holiday from Greece or Belgium or somewhere where it's cheaper. So they might only be paying the equivalent of £2-£3 a packet.

So I don't see this measure doing much. So my question is, does rolling tobacco have the same pictures on in Australia as cigs? And how does the cost compare?

Of course I will understand if youse guys, for whom your bodies are all temples, are not so knowledgeable on this subject. :p
I smoke but mainly just regular smokes. Thou yea Im pretty sure that when you buy packet tobacco for rollies that it does have the pictures on it. As for the cost its a little cheaper but not enough to make me pick up rollies as an alternative. The extra few dollars for regular is better in my opinion than having to roll them yourself.

As with the pictures, they dont bother me as all. Just something extra to read when having a smoke lol

Ta. There can't the be same price differential as in the UK, then. £8 a pack would fund a trip to Aus/NZ every year for the average smoker!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back