NRL "Off the ball"

Remove this Banner Ad

The more you think that rugby league players are getting smarter, one comes out and just looks like a lunatic.

You're a idiot Matthew Lodge.

They looked much I expected: great ball-runners, offloading game, Luke a constant threat from dummy half. But half-backs and kicking game looked pretty scratchy. And Leeds' scratch side of kids and retirees (Adrian Morley! Just off a plane from climbing Kilimanjaro!), no Sinfield, Peacock, Burrow, Hall, Hardaker, Watkins... matched them for most of the game and were leading after an hour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone remember when the draw for the upcoming season comes out? I could've sworn we had last years by about this time.

Just seems weird that everyone is now trying to promote their memberships being on sale without being able to provide a fixture...

Can anyone remember when the draw for the upcoming season comes out? I could've sworn we had last years by about this time.

Just seems weird that everyone is now trying to promote their memberships being on sale without being able to provide a fixture...

Bits got released today with the rest coming out this week.

Not only is it stupid that they're dragging out announcements...

And not only is it crazy that they're flogging club memberships without a draw...

But what's with the pricing of memberships? I'm a Raiders fan who moved to Melbourne this year. To get the same Bronze (ie. General Admission) level membership that I got last year it would cost me $95 - which is a pretty good price.

To get an "Away Flexi" membership, which would get me into any 2 away games in which the Raiders are playing? 90 bucks.

How ridiculous is that? 11 less games, 5 bucks cheaper. I understand they can't offer the same per game price because in my case they would have to hand over some money to the Storm as well. But 90 bucks for 2 games is outrageous. I love being a member of my clubs, be it AFL, NRL or A-League, but unfortunately there's no way in the world I could justify that. Especially when I never go to Sydney, so the best case scenario for me would be one Raiders away game in Melbourne.

It sucks following a non-storm side in Melbourne, the only news you ever get is about them. Some years you get a game down here some years you don't.

If it helps, in comparison the cheapest Souths membership is $100. Which I essentially get nothing out of (bar members pack & priority access to finals tickets, worth every cent last year!) but like you I like to be a member of the club. Our 3 game is $145.

I had a quick look at the Raiders ones, the same thing would be $35 or the Digital one was $90 which at least includes the digital pass which is around $90 anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back