Social Off Topic Thread - House of Dastardly Crax

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows 10 is the talk of the town at the moment (aside from Goodes). Have yet to upgrade my desktop from win 7 to 10 yet, anyone here done it?

Windows 10 is the talk of the town at the moment (aside from Goodes). Have yet to upgrade my desktop from win 7 to 10 yet, anyone here done it?
Yep. Seems to just be a more functional touch and speech friendly version of windows 8. But I haven't tried it out properly yet.

Nope - bit hard to do that on a Mac.
;)

Think my son's and daughter's might be still on Win8. Nobody here is ever in a rush to upgrade.

So what are the pluses of Win 10?
Couldn't tell you as I haven't played with it much. But I like it more than Win 8 and much more than Mac OSX( the least secure OS of them all ;) )

I will be. Can't meet up afterwards though as it is EPL opening day and my side has the early game which I'll be watching at a friends house.
I'll be at the LOTI beforehand, as well. If you're around before the game starts, don't make yourself a stranger. That goes for you too, TurtleBots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok. Well, if you're there you're there, and if you're not you're not! Hopefully I'll see you there, though (LOTI)!

Will do. If it's a nice day, I might go in really early to go shopping in Geelong. I'll let you know. Do you have the same mobile no.?

One of the company directors at my work just bought a new boat. It's a big fandangled thing too big for him to store at home. Until he finds more permanent storage, he's decided to store it at our work. He commissioned the workshop manager (my immediate manager) to oversee a small section at the back on the workshop to be cleared out.

So anyway, a couple of apprentices have spent the afternoon clearing out clutter and making space before we placed the boat in its corner. The company director and my immediate manager were standing there talking for a few minutes when I walked up to them and said "a boat in the workshop is safe, but that's not what boats were built for". The director straight away asked my manager "how the fcuk do you put up with this guy" before he turned towards me with a faux pained expression and asked rhetorically "what are we going to do with you?".

One of the company directors at my work just bought a new boat. It's a big fandangled thing too big for him to store at home. Until he finds more permanent storage, he's decided to store it at our work. He commissioned the workshop manager (my immediate manager) to oversee a small section at the back on the workshop to be cleared out.

So anyway, a couple of apprentices have spent the afternoon clearing out clutter and making space before we placed the boat in its corner. The company director and my immediate manager were standing there talking for a few minutes when I walked up to them and said "a boat in the workshop is safe, but that's not what boats were built for". The director straight away asked my manager "how the fcuk do you put up with this guy" before he turned towards me with a faux pained expression and asked rhetorically "what are we going to do with you?".
Lol. Trust you!! :D

Shell TurtleBots NSFB Hell Kitty are any of you guys going to be at the Sydney match next week at Simonds?
I'm vacillating atm. I bought another house today + really should tighten the belt. But with all the crap about whatshisname, I'd love to be there to support Cook, who said that booing isn't the Geelong way. I have nfi why people are booing Goodes. I must admit that he + O'Laughlin are not amongst my favourite players. I adore Lewis Jetta, so my dislike for Goodes + O'Laughlin, is purely a personal opinion. I adore our Geelong Aboriginal players + I think they manage to balance their indigenous heritage with their AFL career. I have enormous respect for Motlop + the team of refugee players he trains. I'm certainly supportive of improving all aspects of Aboriginals' lives + I despise any type of racism! I really despise the demonising of Muslims! *puts soap box away*

So I'm not sure at this stage, but I'd just love to go to the game. I have a home game membership so that's another reason to go. Plus we had such a terrific time last time we met. Give me some time to think about it.

Also, The rabbi - are you going to the Sydney game?

I will be. Can't meet up afterwards though as it is EPL opening day and my side has the early game which I'll be watching at a friends house.
:rolleyes: :mad: Why don't you record the game + watch it the next day? It's only EPL - it's not the mighty + magnificent Geelong Cats with the chance to rub shoulders with the more illustrious of BF posters :p :D

Yay!!!

I'll be at the LOTI beforehand, as well. If you're around before the game starts, don't make yourself a stranger. That goes for you too, TurtleBots.
A man after my own :hearts: No wonder I want to adopt you! :thumbsu: :rainbow:

I'll be with some other forum boys anyway, so it shouldn't be too hard to spot me.

Found them

Geek-crew.jpg

Couldn't tell you as I haven't played with it much. But I like it more than Win 8 and much more than Mac OSX( the least secure OS of them all ;) )
You're just trying to scare me, aren't you?
I disagree. The latest OS X has the CIA + FBI in a massive meltdown! The encryption of OS X means that Mac computers can't be hacked as easily as before. The other incredible advantage of Apple is that you don't need virus protection as you do for non-Apple computers. But the main difference between Mac + non-Mac is that non-Mac computers are for consumers, while Mac computers are for creative minds. So it's really a a matter of what sort of person you are - right brain or left brain. Well that's my two cents worth + no doubt Bots will disagree ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back