Social Off Topic Thread - House of Dastardly Crax

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
no no no. They are TOTALLY Different!! TOTALLY!!

And don't you have some packing to do - or something? :D
Don't forget to pack your iPad and its charger! The two most important items!
Pfffttt!!!

How are they different? Someone is put to death + death is the end result in both scenarios, it's just that BBQ'ing me is a lost slower + execute-riatingly painful! :eek:

He's a great kid. I didn't know this as my wife didn't tell me, but he told me just before I put him to bed tonight he that "Mummy was really sad and cried when we were watching TV yesterday morning so I gave her a cuddle and she looked at me in the eyes and it made her sadder but she smiled at me straight away".

My son also told me how he was "unhappy" about not playing footy today (his club had the bye) because he "wanted to stand in the middle of the ground with other team in a big circle". He was quite moved after watching what had unfolded in the centre circle after the conclusion of the Collingwood v Hawthorn game last night.

This is him lining up for goal last week. Unfortunately he missed (just).

View attachment 149346
Oh SC how touching! What a beautiful father/son moment. He is a chip off the old block :hearts: You + MrsSC must be very proud of both your kids. I love that he wanted to stand in the big circle, what a sweetie. Oh my goodness, he's a MiniSC! Look at his concentration! I think I'll have to adopt your whole family ;)

He is a Mini-Strangled, Strangled, isn't he? He'll be a lady's man for sure, when he grows up.

Really pleased to hear of kids who can 'read' the situation like he is able to. So many are caught up in their own little world but he is on the ball. Maybe you can grab The rabbi and take him and your son down to the ground for a bit of a kick and to just be a part of what is going on tomorrow. It will be great for your young fellow.

If he doesn't get to go, don't worry. You can tell him that the most central team in this whole story - Adelaide- didn't get to stand in the middle of the ground in a circle before a game, either, because they didn't get to play this weekend. Nor did his beloved Cats. And that Adelaide will honour Walsh in their own way.
Oh SC how touching! What a beautiful father/son moment. He is a chip off the old block :hearts: You + MrsSC must be very proud of both your kids. I love that he wanted to stand in the big circle, what a sweetie. Oh my goodness, he's a MiniSC! Look at his concentration! I think I'll have to adopt your whole family ;)
Seriously, we need to begin taking lottery tickets! lol

It's rather... blue... isn't it? :D (Didn't know you drove on the wrong side of the road- but perhaps I should've known! ;) lol)

Hope your tyres are all pumped for your IS experience :D:D

Whack a sloppy kiss on Abet and Mrs Abet for me, won't you? Don't forget! And, if you get to meet NSFB, give him one, too! Really juicy, mind you! :D
Now GET TO BED!!! :mad:
rofling Everything is pumped + while I think of it, I realised that today is Sunday + I leave on Monday am :rolleyes: I was so tired last night that I thought it was Sunday night, but then I thought Sunday morning was Thursday :( But still in a frenzy to get ready!

Kids are a product of their own environment mate. Therefore, it is no surprise that your boy is growing up to be one fine gentleman. You should be very proud because sympathy or empathy isn't something that is synonymous with young kids unfortunately.

You're obviously doing alot right. Good on you! :)
Agree with all of your post, Stan, very true.

Kids are a product of their own environment mate. Therefore, it is no surprise that your boy is growing up to be one fine gentleman. You should be very proud because sympathy or empathy isn't something that is synonymous with young kids unfortunately.

You're obviously doing alot right. Good on you! :)
Thanks for the kind words, mate. It's like that age old debate of nature versus nuture, both play a huge part in the end result of the kind of person a kid grows up to be. But he's such a good boy by nature which I knew from a very early age, so brining him up in a way which instills the right values is really only the cherry on top. When you see a two year old at childcare pull his dummy out of his mouth and try to put it in the mouth of another crying child while saying "it ok, here you go", it warms the heart and tells you quite a lot.

There's your new thread title - 'Home of Hell Kitty,post streaker'

:D
LOL Oh Jub :p I was thinking more along the lines of a title that won't put people off wanting to join in our fun ;) A crazy cat lady + a post streaker! :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the kind words, mate. It's like that age old debate of nature versus nuture, both play a huge part in the end result of the kind of person a kid grows up to be. But he's such a good boy by nature which I knew from a very early age, so brining him up in a way which instills the right values is really only the cherry on top. When you see a two year old at childcare pull his dummy out of his mouth and try to put it in the mouth of another crying child while saying "it ok, here you go", it warms the heart and tells you quite a lot.
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :rainbow: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

He takes his footy very seriously and doesn't ever do things by halves! Anyway, I'll unleash him on The rabbi this afternoon, he can rabbit on to him about everything to do with the GFC with a mouthful of chicken nuggets.

rofling Everything is pumped + while I think of it, I realised that today is Sunday + I leave on Monday am :rolleyes: I was so tired last night that I thought it was Sunday night, but then I thought Sunday morning was Thursday :( But still in a frenzy to get ready!
ROFL. I KNEW you were
image.jpg

but I didn't know you were so bad as to not know what day it is! :D

Aww- you must be able to write a book on the many cute things that he's done, Strangled.

Aww- you must be able to write a book on the many cute things that he's done, Strangled.
I just talk a lot, Teri. But I can't help being a proud parent. You could write a whole series of novels no doubt, having had five children. Your household would have been like a zoo when they were all a bit younger. I'm sure you've got some absolute pearlers.

I just talk a lot, Teri. But I can't help being a proud parent. You could write a whole series of novels no doubt, having had five children. Your household would have been like a zoo when they were all a bit younger. I'm sure you've got some absolute pearlers.
When the kids were young, Strangled, I started writing their funny sayings in a little notebook- one per child. They pull them out occasionally and share the "gems" with all of us, when we are all together.
I didn't think to write in the kind things they'd done, though.

You might like to jot things down so you can remind your kids when they're older, of the lovely things they've said and done.

And my house still IS a zoo :) The kids get together every Sunday night. :D

He takes his footy very seriously and doesn't ever do things by halves! Anyway, I'll unleash him on The rabbi this afternoon, he can rabbit on to him about everything to do with the GFC with a mouthful of chicken nuggets.
That sounds like terrific fun! Say hi to the rabbi for me please + have a beer for me.

The words "Post" and "Streaker" bring to mind "pole" and "dancing". :D
funny-gif-pole-dance-cat.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back