Social Off Topic Thread - House of Dastardly Crax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Topic Thread -

House of the Loving Lannisters

of Dastardly Cracks

http://thumbpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/5.-When-Cersei-confronts-Ned-and-basically-tells-him-s**t-is-about-to-go-down..gif

Off Topic Thread

Rainfall's 18th Birthday

Party Time in the Nut House

View attachment 105040

House of Eugenie Bouchard

View attachment 105039

The House of Swift

giphy.gif

The Temple of our Goddess - Taylor Swift​

RAF6dR5v3a9cQ.gif

Our Cats Queen :hearts:

Y8eccAmtnyHNS.gif

Our Cat Loving Goddess

aopyf3QAyDROE.gif

Yes, our Goddess loves the Geelong Cats!

Here she is celebrating A Geelong Cats victory

yhw4BHGywNJcI.gif

Excited by a Captain Courageous goal!

XcjpEI3Jb03K0.gif

What our Goddess thinks of Hawthorn

uPD6M9fj1elG.gif

This is a thread dedicated to Taylor Swift - worship her, revere her, praise her, adore her! All things Taylor Swift, where we can chat away idly, about off topic stuff, have some fun + prattle on about sense or nonsense.

Bring your off topic discussion from footy threads here + chatter away all you like.

Think of it as the BigFooty water cooler, around which we can all gather + share ideas about all things strange + wonderful, especially Taylor Swift!

We can discuss what happened today, burning issues of our time, have a giggle, a bit of a gossip, get to know other BigFooty members + generally have some fun together.

A little bit of housekeeping:
- Keep in-depth discussion of TV Shows, Movies, Music etc to a minimum please, there are plenty of threads on those subjects already. But general discussion is fine;
- No sniping, criticism, judgemental comments, rudeness or sea gulling;
- Please remain civil, friendly + polite, as you would prefer a guest to behave.
Rule 1: GIFs, memes etc - there can never be too many!
Rule 2: Smileys are compulsory!

Let the fun + games begin!

littlewomen2.png

Remember, Taylor Swift :hearts: you!

fpakjlMN495vi.gif

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Today, I had quite a surprise, a friend gave me the number of a guy to come + get Mum's garden ready to sell her house + he came today to have a look. I opened the front door to see a very tall guy wearing a Fremantle Dockers training t'shirt + nearly choked! + to my astonishment, there stood Troy Luff, of Sydney Swans ruck fame!!! My Mum was such a devoted Swans supporter, I think she'd be tickled pink he will be making her garden beautiful again. He's a great guy! I remember his performance in the '96 GF, he was all over Schwass, but then Archer kicked a couple of late goals to win. Very excited!

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Lol
My favorites!

Just got rained on- one little black cloud in the sky :( (there's always one, isn't there?)
I was racing home from school pickup, knowing the washing on the line was about to get a second rinse but hoping I'd beat the rain. Rescued a few things but left the rest out.
And I'd put the goat out- he hates the rain, so he was scrunched up tight next to a scrubby bush, trying desperately to stay dry. I untied him but he waited for the rain to stop before going to his shelter. You should've seen the little sook, trying to avoid the puddles :D

Poor little Gregory, he wasn't wearing his Wellies?

He was wearing a Dockers' training t'shirt because he plays for Balmain, who are the Dockers over here. I ribbed him about wearing a Dockers t'shirt into a home of Swans, Melbourne + now Geelong supporters LOL + he laughed, said he hates the Dockers too ;) Luff played for Swans from 1990 to 2001 IIRC ??? When Rodney Eade was coaching.

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Can't remember when he last played- it's been ages!
Lolling at the poor bugger having to be a Docker ;)

Sad! ;)

My son's junior footy age group was divided into 2 groups- Sharks and Bulls. When they had too many and needed to make a 3rd team, they chose Eagles for its name and my son was hoping like anything that he would not get changed over to that team :) Luckily, he stayed a Shark.

Bonsoir, mes amies!

Tonight I am making a very garlicky, chilli pasta and drinking a lot of wine in front of The Bachelor, since I've had a very long day. Had to present a seminar, expending nervous energy is exhausting!
Bonsoir ma chère, comment ça va?

Your dinner sounds very delicious! I'm having lamb chops + beer, while catching up on an episode of Midsomer Murders. I love the architecture + English countryside.

What was your seminar about MP?

Can't remember when he last played- it's been ages!
Lolling at the poor bugger having to be a Docker ;)

Sad! ;)

My son's junior footy age group was divided into 2 groups- Sharks and Bulls. When they had too many and needed to make a 3rd team, they chose Eagles for its name and my son was hoping like anything that he would not get changed over to that team :) Luckily, he stayed a Shark.
That would have been disastrous! Is he your Essendon son?

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Bonsoir, mes amies!

Tonight I am making a very garlicky, chilli pasta and drinking a lot of wine in front of The Bachelor, since I've had a very long day. Had to present a seminar, expending nervous energy is exhausting!
Mmmm.... Tres bien!!
I'll swap you a container of pumpkin soup for a taste of that pasta!!!
(Talk about exhausting! I think I've just exhausted my entire French vocabulary!! Lol- and I've probably spelt it wrong! :()

Moneypenny

Team Captain
May 29, 2014
The Pimms Tent
AFL Club
Geelong
My seminar was on evidence law Kitty! We had to respond to questions asked by other students about a chosen law case and make it interesting so we made up a game show :)

Pasta is the BEST. No carb diets to me are illogical and cruel. All gluten, all wheat, all the time in my house!

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
That sounds interesting and a fun way to remember things, Moneypenny. I know I remember fun stuff more than if I was just listening to a lecturer.

Didn't find out until a few years ago that I learn better by reading text, rather than listening to someone tell me information. The older I get, the harder it is to taken in orally presented information :(

Totally agree with you about pasta!! Do you use real chilli or do you use powder for your sauce?

My seminar was on evidence law Kitty! We had to respond to questions asked by other students about a chosen law case and make it interesting so we made up a game show :)

Pasta is the BEST. No carb diets to me are illogical and cruel. All gluten, all wheat, all the time in my house!
You should get to know barmy44, who is studying law + I think he's about to work as a Judge's Associate. Also have a feeling he is in Adelaide? I've tagged him, so hopefully we will find out more.

A game show would be so much fun! My brother + I are choosing real estate agents atm + it's really difficult to decide, so I suggested we make a reality TV show about it. He was most unimpressed o_O

Moneypenny

Team Captain
May 29, 2014
The Pimms Tent
AFL Club
Geelong
Chilli flakes, they just add a pop of warmth, nothing to blow your head off.

I like going to lectures rather than reading a chunk of text, you get to ask questions and digest the info a bit more. I remember things best if I can understand the general principle or theories behind them - in that context law and science aren't that different I've found.

That sounds interesting and a fun way to remember things, Moneypenny. I know I remember fun stuff more than if I was just listening to a lecturer.

Didn't find out until a few years ago that I learn better by reading text, rather than listening to someone tell me information. The older I get, the harder it is to taken in orally presented information :(

Totally agree with you about pasta!! Do you use real chilli or do you use powder for your sauce?
That is interesting Teri, I have to be shown, so if there are pictures I can usually work it out, or I can work things out by reading, but if there are pix I learn much more quickly.

MP, please tell us more about your game show?

Chilli flakes, they just add a pop of warmth, nothing to blow your head off.

I like going to lectures rather than reading a chunk of text, you get to ask questions and digest the info a bit more. I remember things best if I can understand the general principle or theories behind them - in that context law and science aren't that different I've found.
Agree, I find if I understand why something is so, then I can learn more quickly. If someone states a fact, I find it difficult to accept it. However, if they explain how it began + then evolved, it is easier to learn.

I adore pasta too, but I do eat the gluten free Australian pasta. If it's Italian, then it's fine. I don't know what it is about Australian bread, pasta etc it blows me up. But I can live on croissants + bread in Europe + I'm fine!

Moneypenny

Team Captain
May 29, 2014
The Pimms Tent
AFL Club
Geelong
The game show was called the case is right and we had those giant name tags, cued the 80s music etc lol, the bulk was talking about Walton v R so it has to be as fun as you can make it, some of the others were snooze fests since they just read off their cue cards and didn't make much of an effort to make it interesting. I'm biased though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back