Discussion [OFF-TOPIC] What are you listening to right now?

Remove this Banner Ad

My brother heard the lyrics wrong when he was young, one time he belted them out and it was absolutely hilarious. My parent still give him s**t whenever the show comes on and he's in the room.

I won't share the lyrics, but * it was funny.

New Muse.

I like this a lot more than anything off their last album in regards to the sound (minus the drill sergeant overlay) but it's like like Bellamy had the part of his brain that writes lyrics removed in about 2007.

Seriously this is ******* stupid. This is lyrically basically equivalent to Rebecca Black's Friday. Lyrics aren't everything but they can definitely ruin a song and this is absolutely embarrassing.

How has Bellamy's songwriting deteriorated so much from the masterpiece that was Origin of Symmetry?

I haven't listen to the new Muse yet, but yeah, he just completely over thinks lyrics these days. It's like he desperately wants the songs to have meaning without thinking about how they're going to sound.

I heard someone quoting him the other day on the radio, about what the themes of the new album. It was hilariously bad. Concept albums can be cool and politically charged music can be cool, but he's got to realise that Nineteen Eighty-Four is (mostly) fiction.

Even then, he had similar themes occasionally in his earlier work but his lyrics weren't so bad. That song is like a parody of a muse song the lyrics are so bad.

Just gave it a listen. They've been playing that riff for years, weird that they chose now to turn it into a song.

"Your ass belongs to me now" has to be their most cringeworthy lyric yet. I was hoping that the shouty thing was just an intro for the reveal video, but then it's throughout the song.. And whatever happened to Muse never swearing in songs?

Still better than anything on The 2nd Law, besides Animals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back