Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Browsing some stats and found the "Most Contested Possessions in a season" stat...

1. Josh Kennedy - 423 in 2012
2. Josh Kennedy - 410 in 2013

3. Patrick Dangerfield - 403 in 2012
4. Josh Kennedy - 393 in 2015
5. Josh Kennedy - 371 in 2014

6. Matt Priddis - 362 in 2011
7. Josh Kennedy - 353 in 2011
8. Patrick Dangerfield - 350 in 2015
8. Scott Thompson - 350 in 2012
10. Patrick Dangerfield 341 in 2014

:eek:

I wonder when the media will catch up and start rating him as much as we do.

He's rated. But he has no profile. Probably the way he likes it. But still...

Either way his second half of 2015 was like watching Goodes in Brownlow form.

Yeah get what you mean, does not seem like the type to go on footy shows and do all that stuff though.

Im just glad we got him, been a champ for us

Follow up with clearances:

1. Brett Ratten - 265 :eek: in 1999
2. Josh Kennedy - 190 in 2012
3. Josh Kennedy - 187 in 2013

4. Tom Liberatore - 183 in 2013
5. Josh Kennedy - 180 in 2015
6. Robert Harvey - 177 in 1998
7. Scott Thompson - 170 in 2012
8. Matt Priddis - 169* in 2015
9. Brett Ratten - 169 in 2000
10. Josh Kennedy - 168 in 2011

Resisting the urge to dig up the mid-season posts suggesting we trade him.

Was that only one bloke?

Think he did say he was good so trade him for his value to be a bit fair :p

But nutty

Hes pretty highly rated

Just not with all australian selectors apparently

All you need to do is listen to Kevin Bartlett discuss/defend the selections and you quickly realise the AA team is not the prestigious award it once was.
Either that or see that Luke D'Arcy somehow made it on the panel...ffs they should just make it a fan vote.

Captaincy.....where are we at with this. I was thinking about leaders and we seem to a couple of leaders who are more in the frame of "go on" rather than "come on" if you know what I mean. Both have been there for a few years and it might be time for a move in this area. The clear choice is JPK, with Parker a perfect understudy. If ever there was a lead by example captain he is it. Talk about 'Bloods' culture, he oozes it. Is the captaincy likely to come under review for 2016.

In the least, should we go to a single captain. This dual captaincy stuff is for indecisive clubs I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Captaincy.....where are we at with this. I was thinking about leaders and we seem to a couple of leaders who are more in the frame of "go on" rather than "come on" if you know what I mean. Both have been there for a few years and it might be time for a move in this area. The clear choice is JPK, with Parker a perfect understudy. If ever there was a lead by example captain he is it. Talk about 'Bloods' culture, he oozes it. Is the captaincy likely to come under review for 2016.

In the least, should we go to a single captain. This dual captaincy stuff is for indecisive clubs I think.
I don't think they'll make Parker capt. until we lock him for a new contract.

Plenty of time for that.
I actually think it's good for the AFL to be reminded - daily - about how many rednecked bogan ******s there are in AFL crowds - and rip into them.

Mostly negative Crap, i do not know what your saying and it should ultimately help

But sometimes you just want to appreciate a champion player

Just so frustrated, do I choose David King on Foxtel or Luke D'Arcy on 7. Probably go the NRL on GEM.

Just so frustrated, do I choose David King on Foxtel or Luke D'Arcy on 7. Probably go the NRL on GEM.

Yuk. Oh well, David King is the special comments commentator of the year apparently. Luke Darcy meanwhile is a clueless flog who believes Sydney built a $2m war chest in COLa to land Tippett and Buddy and we in fact cheated on our cap which is why we had to be banned.

Decisions decisions.

Thread on the main board right about which two players from your team's past (in their prime) would improve your team the most if you added them to the current team.

I nominated Paul Kelly and Craig Bolton.

Anyone else have suggestions?
Mumford and AJ.

Mummy was a great no.1 ruck that would be perfect for the current team. I know AJ only had one good year but he was only 19 at the time and I have no doubt that if he hadn't been injured he would be one of the best backmen in the game, not too disimilar to Rance.

Craig Bolton would be handy as well.

Compare that to our opposition in the 2012 GF.

They lost Sewell, Franklin, Young, Ellis and Savage from their 2012 GF lineup. They replaced them very adequately with McEvoy, Frawley, Lake, Hartung, Brad Hill.

That's the difference.
Mind you, it also shows in the age of their list. Players who would have normally retired have had a dream run with injury at Hawthorn and their bodies are still holding up (unfortunately).

Pardon the intrusion but I just wanted to ask you guys: can you still watch the 2012 Grand Final and enjoy it despite what happened last year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back