Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

if we lost I would of been dirty on luke ablett

This would have played out in my nightmares over and over again had we lost.

Ablett_Clanger_05ed169b86e0da3ff170c26b8794ab74.gif

2012 is a way better game to watch

I know, but that was the only way we were going to win against the Eagles' midfield. It wasn't pretty, but damn effective.

A good friend of mine who used to post here ages ago had a T-shirt made up in response to the criticism of our game plan that year from Robert Walls and other sections of the media: "Maybe I like ugly football". I'll see if I can find it.

I know, but that was the only way we were going to win against the Eagles' midfield. It wasn't pretty, but damn effective.

A good friend of mine who used to post here ages ago had a T-shirt made up in response to the criticism of our game plan that year from Robert Walls and other sections of the media: "Maybe I like ugly football". I'll see if I can find it.

oh I wasn't on the anti swans gameplan crap

it was a tight defensive game, just prefer watching 2012 but maybe because I was there

oh I wasn't on the anti swans gameplan crap

it was a tight defensive game, just prefer watching 2012 but maybe because I was there

Oh I know I was just feeling nostalgic.

Finally found it

22587158_9e47b6d678_z.jpg

tshirt on a hanger, you a neat freak RW

alas it's not mine, found while trawling the archives of bigfooty ;)

Spot on about '98 though that was the first year I started to sit up and take notice of the AFL.

The finals system back then had a bit to do with it also, I think we finished 3rd and won our first final at home (tough slog in the wet against St Scum) but had to back up the following week against the Crows who had a double chance despite getting flogged in the first week. Brisbane got screwed in '99 by this also.

Spot on about '98 though that was the first year I started to sit up and take notice of the AFL.

The finals system back then had a bit to do with it also, I think we finished 3rd and won our first final at home (tough slog in the wet against St Scum) but had to back up the following week against the Crows who had a double chance despite getting flogged in the first week. Brisbane got screwed in '99 by this also.

I like to remind certain crows fans they finished 5th and lost and would bow out now, but went on to Bradbury a second flag

Just remind them what happened in '05 and '06...

It was genius by Roos when you look at the lists on paper how on earth did we manage to win against Judd, Cousins, Kerr, Cox all in their prime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A question based on an opinion.
Had we had a more stable side in 2010, could we have gone any further than the semi-final? I think we could have.

I mean:
Bradshaw played 9 of 24 games (for 28 goals)
Means White is #1 forward with Goodes moving out of the middle to play CHF.

Craig Bolton retires after 5 games, LRT replaces him
LRT then gets injured, a relatively unreliable Richards steps in.

And McGlynn and Bird miss majority of the year with injury.

the Crows were good and we lost Crezza early. Big night that as well , started at the Bourben

Had we had a more stable side in 2010, could we have gone any further than the semi-final? I think we could have.

I mean:

We threw the game away against the bulldogs in a ten minute patch at the end of the second quarter. Bradshaw missing from directly in front did not help.

I am pretty sure we would have beaten st kilda - we matched up well on them. But we would have got flogged by geelong or collingwood who we didn't match up well on.

Likewise in 1998 we came up against the only team in the finals that we really matched up badly - the crows midfield consistently beat up on us and I remember it being wet.

I actually look back on 1997 as more of a wasted year. We were virtually unbeatable at the scg and then threw a 30 point lead against st kilda away after Lockett was suspended for a nothing clash at the mcg against Melbourne. We were playing some really good football in the middle of that season - but tailed of at the end of that season - it was like the loss to the saints drained us of all the confidence we had built up

I mean:

Could of made the prelim as it was, bradshaw was good that night, but if the pieces were fit it was a top 4 side, but i agree with the other poster, never would of beaten geelong or collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back