Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
I recently bought Office 365 Personal and I'm having problems when it comes to starting up Word. I was running the OEM version of Word Starter 2010 that came with the laptop, and had no issues. Now when I either try to start Word 2013, or open a Word doco from Windows Explorer (without Word started), it takes 4-5 minutes just for the initial Word dialog panel to appear. If I've selected a file to open it takes another 1-2 minutes to appear. Doesn't seem to make a difference if it's a .doc or .docx file.

I've tried Google (incl. Microsoft) and have found some suggested fixes (re-create normal.dotm; unselect 'send to bluetooth' add-in), but none have worked.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

** Excel and Outlook don't have any issues, but based on a quick look, Powerpoint seems to suffer the same problem as Word **

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Resolved. Was an issue with the install file. It 'only' took 10 hours, finishing at 4.30am, in a live chat with one of Microsoft's Answer Techs. I say one tech, but I actually dealt with four of them. Ended up having Office uninstalled and re-installed about 5 times!

Back