Official Club Stuff OFFICIAL : 2015 Membership Tally - 41,418 #Get Real - New Record

Remove this Banner Ad

Ignoring the extra Troo Roos that had us up 2,500+ pre Christmas we peaked at 1,938 up on 21 Jan. Since then we have been
slipping back to now 1,118 up. We will need a boost through the NAB Cup and early games to beat the 2014 total.

Winning the first two rounds are ultra important for us on the field but, potentially even more so off it. Winning round one with the majority of our supporters watching on tv, and then a smashing of the lions would do us no end of good. Then we back up with a Sunday "night" game against port... I would imagine that before that round three game would be like shelling peas for our membership dept if we are 2-0!

Winning the first two rounds are ultra important for us on the field but, potentially even more so off it. Winning round one with the majority of our supporters watching on tv, and then a smashing of the lions would do us no end of good. Then we back up with a Sunday "night" game against port... I would imagine that before that round three game would be like shelling peas for our membership dept if we are 2-0!
Yeah, true.

We reached 40,000+ last year off the back of a indifferent start to the season. A horrible loss to *, a very scrappy and ugly win against the Dogs, a good come from behind win against the Power and a strong win against the Swans ways, and then a spanking by Collingwood The 3-2 start had some good footy, but also some terrible footy not worthy of a top 8 team. If we can come out of the blocks with a bang I think our numbers will grow quite strongly.

B Tron What do you reckon we can get before we "max out" and growth will then be slow and long term?
Who knows mate.

I reckon we still have some latent support from the 90's floating about that has not transferred to memberships, but we already have a fantastic supporter/member ratio. If we were to have a Geelong like run over the next 7 years I would think 50K would be our max.

Who knows mate.

I reckon we still have some latent support from the 90's floating about that has not transferred to memberships, but we already have a fantastic supporter/member ratio. If we were to have a Geelong like run over the next 7 years I would think 50K would be our max.
I reckon a premiership this year would see us easily crack 50k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we #gotREAL last year? #forREAL?! If so, I don't like it, at all.

#getREAL nmfc and #getaREAL slogan.
Just saw on facecake that our slogan this year is #getREAL

Is this s**t for serious?
Come on guys. All slogans sound cheesy at first. It will grow on you. ;)

In the meantime, what would you suggest as an alternative?

Come on guys. All slogans sound cheesy at first. It will grow on you. ;)

In the meantime, what would you suggest as an alternative?
If they want to be lazy take a line out of the song, there's any number that would work well. Hearts to hearts or beneath the blue and white we stand for example. Almost every line works, rotate year after year.

I really don't get the whole # thing

#whatever
I am not a fan of the overused "hash tag", but can actually see it working here. By using a slogan that will be uttered in many different contexts, then applying the hash tag, it will mean our brand is seen by more people (accidently or otherwise).

Do agree with Luke72 though that the lines from the club song work well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back