Official Club Stuff OFFICIAL : 2015 Membership Tally - 41,418 #Get Real - New Record

Remove this Banner Ad

When do the true too for life numbers hit the tally?? Do we need to renew or do they just do it for us?

When do the true too for life numbers hit the tally?? Do we need to renew or do they just do it for us?
I reckon that figure would be truroo but not sure, as monies for that come out of our accounts around the 21st of Oct.

s**t is that all we have on true roo.
Also we had a fair few sign up at the end of the year, with the bit next year and get the last three games this year deal.

I'm pretty sure those numbers are the troo roos.

Also noticed that the direct debit option has been removed and you must have a credit card for these payments, so maybe that is why the numbers may be lower?

I remember when that used to be our figure in March.

I remember when it was our figure in July.

Hell, Horace probably remembers when that was the combined total of North, University and Fitzroy's total supporter base.

I remember when it was our figure in July.

Hell, Horace probably remembers when that was the combined total of North, University and Fitzroy's total supporter base.

Like it was yesterday. Mind you North was in the VFA in those days and we (Fitzroy) were the powerhouse of the VFL, winning multiple flags. Seven of the first 27 by 1922. Those were the days.

Like it was yesterday. Mind you North was in the VFA in those days and we (Fitzroy) were the powerhouse of the VFL, winning multiple flags. Seven of the first 27 by 1922. Those were the days.

They also wore onions on their belts back then.

And just by the way, we (Fitzroy) won the flag and the spoon in the one year in 1916. Not too bad a feat really. Only four teams in the comp mind you and although no-one has really admitted it, we did tank that year to get picks 1, 2 (a priority pick) 6, 10 and 14 (based on final positions after the last H&A round not the current system). Yep those were the days (and we managed to get around the salary cap rules too.)

Like it was yesterday. Mind you North was in the VFA in those days and we (Fitzroy) were the powerhouse of the VFL, winning multiple flags. Seven of the first dickity 7 by 19 dickity 2. Those were the days.
The Kaiser had stolen the number 20, remember?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could we get 50k?

Regardless of how many we have i just want 30 plus to come to our etihad games.
This would be worth more than an extra 10k members i would think at least till the afl owns etihad anyway.

50K probably out of reach at this stage. I would think that the club would be looking at around 43K for next year, with 45K being the upper target. Given the expansion of Blundstone an extra 1,000 Tassie members should be achievable.

Last edited:
The last time we made a Preliminary Final we increased the membership by 12,000 the following year. I realise that the Gold Coast "sympathy members" played a big part in that, but could we possibly see a similar result this time?

I don't think so. That was a once in a lifetime increase fuelled by a direct threat to our existence. Plus the sympathy memberships, etc.

Didn't we go from 23,000 to around 35,000? As much as I would love to see North membership of 52,000 I can't see it happening. Somewhere around 45,000 would be fantastic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back