Official Club Stuff OFFICIAL : 2015 Membership Tally - 41,418 #Get Real - New Record

I think we got 4.5k Tassie members last year. That means there's still around 2750 members from either Victoria or interstate who haven't re-signed from last year. This number is probably higher (maybe 3000) because I'm sure we'd have attracted a few newbies in Vic as well.

Myself and my wife cancelled our Tassie add-ons for our memberships from this year. We love going to Tassie but after constant stuff ups by our membership department with the reserved seats, we cancelled and decided we'd rather try our luck through ticketmaster or who sells game day tickets.

roomagic1984

All Australian
Jun 4, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The member attendance figure wasn't displayed.
What have been the 'members' attendance in the past? Any data to compare with?
22000+ attendance to a game where a non Victorian based club playing was pretty good - I remember when we were lucky to get 15,000 and had to close level 3.

The issue shouldn't be that 8000 members showed up - it should be the other 12000 or so that are not members.
I didn't scan my membership because I got an upgrade to the medallion club. Wonder how many other members would have done similar to me.

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
What have been the 'members' attendance in the past? Any data to compare with?
22000+ attendance to a game where a non Victorian based club playing was pretty good - I remember when we were lucky to get 15,000 and had to close level 3.

The issue shouldn't be that 8000 members showed up - it should be the other 12000 or so that are not members.
I didn't scan my membership because I got an upgrade to the medallion club. Wonder how many other members would have done similar to me.
That last point has been made by a fair few posters.... Scan in twice, and help the club avoid writing a chq.

It doesn't work!!:eek:
Perhaps they should be more specific about the type of noise they want everyone to make, I think a squealing pig noise would be good
Good idea. We could get this guy to be our head cheerleader.
62949d1052021164-deliverance-deliv05-.jpg

Good post. At our prelim vs the Swans they did this. The woman who won the car went crazy. The thing is you'd need to advertise the s**t out of it so people know about it otherwise it would be completely pointless and a waste of money (160k can be the difference between a profit and a loss).
193546-james-brayshaw.jpg

LT Smash

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2011
Ogdenville
AFL Club
North Melbourne

So apparently this is Hawthorn's membership video.

What a piss poor excuse of a clip.

Thank god for North's media team, we are really spoiled for content when you look at that.

Jesus H Christ. And to think people still sook about that Customs airport ad that our club did a few years back. That was Citizen Kane compared with this abomination.

So apparently this is Hawthorn's membership video.

What a piss poor excuse of a clip.

Thank god for North's media team, we are really spoiled for content when you look at that.

Wow, just wow....

And BWAHAHAHA!

niko11

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was reading the Daily News article on all AFL clubs finances.
I know nothing about this topic just concerned me abit is there anything we should be concerned about ?

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was reading the Daily News article on all AFL clubs finances.
I know nothing about this topic just concerned me abit is there anything we should be concerned about ?
We have two main issues:

1: Low revenue stream linked solely to football.

2: Debt.

Despite 1 we still spend reasonably well on the Football Department however find it difficult to invest in other areas which would otherwise expand our reach and maximise the supporter to member transfer. Having very little in the way of fluid assets also puts us at risk of financial trouble if membership and sponsorship income drops significantly, which is the major negative of having all revenue linked to the output of the team. We have almost cleared our debt which will hopefully be gone at the end of 2016 so we can then focus on expanding the business.

People bitch and moan about AFL handouts but the truth is we received roughly $2.5 million more than Collingwood last year as recompense for a bullshit stadium deal and average FTA scheduling. We are never going to be big but we can be smart. And if we are smart in all areas of the club we will continue to improve our bottom line and overall security.

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
g
Mate its on the main board bay 13 wish i could help u more.
Read it..... And nope not worried!!!
We are paying our debts and spending money on our football dept... What the hell do we wanna have money in the bank at the end of the season for???

niko11

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We have two main issues:

1: Low revenue stream linked solely to football.

2: Debt.

Despite 1 we still spend reasonably well on the Football Department however find it difficult to invest in other areas which would otherwise expand our reach and maximise the supporter to member transfer. Having very little in the way of fluid assets also puts us at risk of financial trouble if membership and sponsorship income drops significantly, which is the major negative of having all revenue linked to the output of the team. We have almost cleared our debt which will hopefully be gone at the end of 2016 so we can then focus on expanding the business.

People bitch and moan about AFL handouts but the truth is we received roughly $2.5 million more than Collingwood last year as recompense for a bullshit stadium deal and average FTA scheduling. We are never going to be big but we can be smart. And if we are smart in all areas of the club we will continue to improve our bottom line and overall security.
Cheers B Tron i dont believe everything i read and realise the position we are in with the s**t Stadium deal and needing more members to get on board etc but i do believe we are a smart club also..
I already give money for debt reduction and i will give more if need be!

niko11

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Read it..... And nope not worried!!!
We are paying our debts and spending money on our football dept... What the hell do we wanna have money in the bank at the end of the season for???
Cheers i take ur word for it Phyllroo

niko11

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hahahaha in saying that, the financial position I am in right now, I'm hardly an expert...
Hahaha compared to my knowledge of matters involving Finances ur an Accountant.. Im still at home with the Oldies how Embarresment!

Last edited:

Roobound

Club Legend
North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Aug 16, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The other thing is that we signed up the second most members last week of any club and the most members the week before. We're going at like 1000 a week at the moment more than any other club. I don't get this. Why do our fans wait so late to re-sign? I've signed up a several weeks into a season before so I'm not criticising just wondering why its happening.

Maybe we have a lot of people on salary that get paid monthly.

GarnerSmash

10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No update for a few days. Could we have somehow cracked the 40 already?
Nyet.

Things slow down drastically from this point so 40K will likely be in a month or two.

GarnerSmash

Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Aug 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No update for a few days. Could we have somehow cracked the 40 already?
Nyet.

Things slow down drastically from this point so 40K will likely be in a month or two.

When we beat Hawks - Rich - Ess, it won't take 2 months mate.

We will reach it in 3 weeks time.

Back