Official Club Stuff OFFICIAL : 2015 Membership Tally - 41,418 #Get Real - New Record

Remove this Banner Ad

Also our next home game at Etihad isn't until June 13...

That's bloody ridiculous fixturing. Geez we had it good back in the days where we'd play at Arden St every second week for the entire season.

38,593 as of 13th May, 2015 which is roughly 1,600 up on last year.

What will that do to our bottom line?
Depends.

We budgeted for 42.5 and will likely be ~ 1000 short. Last year the average membership brought in only $75.17 (40092 members for $3,013,817) so if we budgeted for the same income level per membership we will be short ~$75K. It is likely though that we will have more reserved seat memberships thus upping the income per membership so the impact of a shortfall in numbers will be dependent on the level of increase in reserved seat memberships and whether or not the increase in this category was built into the budget.

Depends.

We budgeted for 42.5 and will likely be ~ 1000 short. Last year the average membership brought in only $75.17 (40092 members for $3,013,817) so if we budgeted for the same income level per membership we will be short ~$75K. It is likely though that we will have more reserved seat memberships thus upping the income per membership so the impact of a shortfall in numbers will be dependent on the level of increase in reserved seat memberships and whether or not the increase in this category was built into the budget.

And yes I do think there would be increases after making a prelim, upgrade of grand final access, reserve seating etc. So I hope we can make up that 75k that we budgeted for.

Considering we have 1000 more new Tasmanian members this year we're looking at approx 2500 people who signed up last year who are yet to sign up. Sign them and we'll get 41k, get a few hundred more and 41.5k. That's where we're headed I reckon. 1000 new Hobart members and around 500 new other members is sort of a disappointing result coming off a prelim.

The worrying thing is we only made a profit after prize money was added. When your revenue streams are all footy related, everything depends on the on-field things going well.

With the way the team is playing its sad that membership cops it.
No way 4,000 lapsed or non members are out there who will join. Lucky to get 3k more

I reckon there's around 2500 lapsed members from last year.

As I was driving home from work today it struck me, since when is 41k-ish a disappointing result?!? It no doubt it is. But to be disappointed at a probable total like that shows how far we've come!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow.... That is stuff all since Friday... Maybe some well aimed phone calls on Saturday to non renewed members may have got some??
That'd be game day purchases I'd say. If it had been a home game you could likely triple that increase, probably more.

Defs hurting numbers...
no use signing up until then

Still a lot of value in signing up now. Our remaining home games at Etihad are all huge games: Sydney, Geelong, Essendon, Fremantle and Western Bulldogs.

Not as much as gettin smacked round 1, has probably cost us at least a 1000 or more.
Every *in year..

Still a lot of value in signing up now. Our remaining home games at Etihad are all huge games: Sydney, Geelong, Essendon, Fremantle and Western Bulldogs.
The total wont move much now but in the lead up to the Sydney game it should balloon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back