AE Official AE15 Launch - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

After SNF… only four ND Play-OFF tickets have been punched..

BalmainforeverND_zpsjqg7fl8r.jpg
PrimaryWildCardBLM_ND_zpst20zyazo.jpg
RaskolnikovND_zpsmxak6fn7.jpg
PrimaryWildCard_DirtyBirdND_zpssljrjn0h.jpg

WHAT WE KNOW:

GEORGE 'PAPA BEAR' HALAS CONFERENCE:

Oscarman - Calvin 'Megatron' Johnson Division Title
Manureid - Jerome 'The Bus' Bettis Division Title
Balmainforever - Tony 'the Goose' Siragusa Division Title
Broken - Jack 'The Assassin' Tatum Division Title

BeLikeMike - Primary Wildcard

GSH SECONDARY WILDCARDS Qualification Round:

Matt897
Striker475
Tomatosauceling
Zealbee

'THE EMPEROR' CHUCK NOLL CONFERENCE:

Raskolnikov - Willie 'The Hammer' Wood
Smiths - Dante 'Gluefingers' Lavelli
iLuvParis - Billy 'WhiteShoes' Johnson
PeterBuch74 - William 'The Refrigerator' Perry
A11datp0w3r - 'The Great Dane' Morten Anderson

Dirty Bird - Primary Wildcard

CHN SECONDARY WILDCARDS Qualification Round:
Leezorr
Pedge7

After SNF… only four ND Play-OFF tickets have been punched..

BalmainforeverND_zpsjqg7fl8r.jpg
PrimaryWildCardBLM_ND_zpst20zyazo.jpg
RaskolnikovND_zpsmxak6fn7.jpg
PrimaryWildCard_DirtyBirdND_zpssljrjn0h.jpg

WHAT WE KNOW:

GEORGE 'PAPA BEAR' HALAS CONFERENCE:

Oscarman - Calvin 'Megatron' Johnson Division Title
Manureid - Jerome 'The Bus' Bettis Division Title
Balmainforever - Tony 'the Goose' Siragusa Division Title
Broken - Jack 'The Assassin' Tatum Division Title

BeLikeMike - Primary Wildcard

GSH SECONDARY WILDCARDS Qualification Round:

Matt897
Striker475
Tomatosauceling
Zealbee

'THE EMPEROR' CHUCK NOLL CONFERENCE:

Raskolnikov - Willie 'The Hammer' Wood
Smiths - Dante 'Gluefingers' Lavelli
iLuvParis - Billy 'WhiteShoes' Johnson
PeterBuch74 - William 'The Refrigerator' Perry
A11datp0w3r - 'The Great Dane' Morten Anderson

Dirty Bird - Primary Wildcard

CHN SECONDARY WILDCARDS Qualification Round:
Leezorr
Pedge7
Anything special being made for being the top seed. Chism and myself would like to know.
That should get the pats beat now.

Do i switch to bills to hope for an upset and ruin galactics ND run or has he already qualified?

Well, you can see it two ways Manureid… you can try and roll the dice and punch into upper echelon of the CR standings or play it safe. Still plenty of time to run the gauntlet.

Considering he defeated matt_897 (already qualified for Secondary Wildcard at LicoriceAllsorts expense) in Week 7 despite losing to danielz_23 in week 9, it's GeeCats07 who can't afford to pussyfoot around because GeeCats87 is getting nervous about Prawnographer's result because he lost to Prawno.. meaning a loss to Danielz23 as well doesn't do him many favours. Kadog is the 'spanner' in this Bermuda triangle as Kadog fixed up Prawnographer (that explains why GeeCats07 has every ready to be nervous. All depends what SimonOz does because Kadog lost to SimonOz meaning h2h loss by Gengar28 who beat the newly crowned 3XKO champ, Starlin Castro in week 4 negates the h2h process vs Prawnographer.

Especially as Pedge7 can still lose and be 6-5, and Leezor already lost and is 6-5

Answering your own questions… hmmm.. ok.

Well, pedge7 is home and hosed for the Secondary Wildcard Qualifiers next week. Why? He beat Showbag (5-5-0) in week 5 and if showbag wins, he's in anyway. Leezorr beat Pedge in Week 6 means Leezorr is SAFE!!

How come I'm out of WC race? I can still win and be 7-4.

If Statsman74 (7-3) loses to his opponent EagleOz (5-3-2) who will be 3-1-1 >> your hopeful 3-2 record. ;) EagleOz is the last spot Primary Wildcard in 'The Emperor' Conference.

Answering your own questions… hmmm.. ok.

Well, pedge7 is home and hosed for the Secondary Wildcard Qualifiers next week. Why? He beat Showbag (5-5-0) in week 5 and if showbag wins, he's in anyway. Leezorr beat Pedge in Week 6 means Leezorr is SAFE!!

If Statsman74 (7-3) loses to his opponent EagleOz (5-3-2) who will be 3-1-1 >> your hopeful 3-2 record. ;) EagleOz is the last spot Primary Wildcard in 'The Emperor' Conference.
That makes no sense.
After the division winners go in.
What are the next best records? Dirty Bird would sew up one spot with 7-3-1. And if there are a bunch of people on 7-4, you'd have to sort us all out via Conference and Common Opponents records. Not FIRST put Pedge7 in because he beat showbag h2h. But put us all in together into a tie-break process.

Actually.
You break ties across a conference, by first eliminating the ties in a division.
Pedge and Leezor are in the same division, tied say, with other people from other divisions. Then you first eliminate Pedge or Leezor.
Then you see who else you can eliminate from people tied AND in the same division.
Then you get all the remaining people and try to break the tie between them via....conf rec, then common opponents, then the rest of the stuff you have.

But....just looking at the standings from end of week 10. it would seem crowman and dirty bird have two WCs sewn up....they were 7-2-1 and 6-3-1 last week, and with DB winning, going to 7-3-1, then those two are in. And Statsman winning would go in with 8-3.

But if Statsman lost, then he and all the other 7-4 and 6-3-2 people would have to go into that tie-break process explained above......first eliminating the ties within divisions (pedge/leezor), then pitting statsman, and the others into a conf rec then common opp record thing.

Last edited:
Well, you can see it two ways Manureid… you can try and roll the dice and punch into upper echelon of the CR standings or play it safe. Still plenty of time to run the gauntlet.

Considering he defeated matt_897 (already qualified for Secondary Wildcard at LicoriceAllsorts expense) in Week 7 despite losing to danielz_23 in week 9, it's GeeCats07 who can't afford to pussyfoot around because GeeCats87 is getting nervous about Prawnographer's result because he lost to Prawno.. meaning a loss to Danielz23 as well doesn't do him many favours. Kadog is the 'spanner' in this Bermuda triangle as Kadog fixed up Prawnographer (that explains why GeeCats07 has every ready to be nervous. All depends what SimonOz does because Kadog lost to SimonOz meaning h2h loss by Gengar28 who beat the newly crowned 3XKO champ, Starlin Castro in week 4 negates the h2h process vs Prawnographer.
Whoa! Can you speaka da Inglish? All I got from that was that I'm involved in some kind of ménage twa with men I don't know with a spanner! :eek:

Am I any chance for a WC if I defeat riggo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually.
You break ties across a conference, by first eliminating the ties in a division.
Pedge and Leezor are in the same division, tied say, with other people from other divisions. Then you first eliminate Pedge or Leezor.
Then you see who else you can eliminate from people tied AND in the same division.
Then you get all the remaining people and try to break the tie between them via....conf rec, then common opponents, then the rest of the stuff you have.

But....just looking at the standings from end of week 10. it would seem crowman and dirty bird have two WCs sewn up....they were 7-2-1 and 6-3-1 last week, and with DB winning, going to 7-3-1, then those two are in. And Statsman winning would go in with 8-3.

But if Statsman lost, then he and all the other 7-4 and 6-3-2 people would have to go into that tie-break process explained above......first eliminating the ties within divisions (pedge/leezor), then pitting statsman, and the others into a conf rec then common opp record thing.
You're making it sound like we're using the playoff format pioneered in BASEketball.

As an example.....Pedge could have say a 2-3 conf record, and Leezor a 3-1-1 conf record. But pedge beat Leezor h2h. They're in the same division. You eliminate Leezor because Pedge beat him h2h.

Now THAT could then make it advantageous to people in other divisions...who might have a 2-3 conf rec too. But because Leezor was eliminated h2h with pedge, then all those remaining have a shot still based on common opp, and the other tie breakers, amongst themselves.

That's how it works in the NFL too. A team eliminated inside a division tiebreaker ends up helping all the others who might have had an inferior conf record to that eliminated team.

Do the rules say we are following the NFL procedure for breaking ties, or do the rules say we are following some other predetermined, preannounced method?

As for me, given the early season IT snafu that cost me a win, karma says I get in somehow.

Do the rules say we are following the NFL procedure for breaking ties, or do the rules say we are following some other predetermined, preannounced method?

Yes we are. GG just needs more sleep. I'm sure the NFL bible of 2014 will have all the details he needs.

Whoa! Can you speaka da Inglish? All I got from that was that I'm involved in some kind of ménage twa with men I don't know with a spanner! :eek:

Am I any chance for a WC if I defeat riggo?
My word.. you are.. you have to consider that Riggo may actually pick the Bills. It's up to you to maybe snooker him. ;)

Consider this: A win catapults you above .500 (6-5-0) meaning that's better than
Bergerson (stranded on 5-5-1)
Jeff Dunne (gawnski on 5-6)
Danielz23 needs the Bills most likely.. he's above you for a reason at 5-5 because of a superior Division record.
Superfreak is ready set go… for taking down Zealbee.. also has a better Division record and then there's Kadog, tail wagging, tongue hanging out.

Knowing you've got Prawnographer (6-4-0) ticked off head to head if he loses. That's all that matters to you. Let GeeCats and the rest of the gang do their scratching in places you don't wanna go. :)

JUST WIN and know that there is Secondary WildCard Qualifier ready to snaffle. :thumbsu:

As an example.....Pedge could have say a 2-3 conf record, and Leezor a 3-1-1 conf record. But pedge beat Leezor h2h. They're in the same division. You eliminate Leezor because Pedge beat him h2h.

Now THAT could then make it advantageous to people in other divisions...who might have a 2-3 conf rec too. But because Leezor was eliminated h2h with pedge, then all those remaining have a shot still based on common opp, and the other tie breakers, amongst themselves.

That's how it works in the NFL too. A team eliminated inside a division tiebreaker ends up helping all the others who might have had an inferior conf record to that eliminated team.

No need to talk in IF'S or asif's for that matter GG.. Pedge is 3-1-0 for a reason.. and that allows him to not look into the ND rear vision mirror.

H2h takes precedence regardless of Division record. But there is always going to be 'a bermuda triangle' of loss-win-loss between three competitors with the same W-L-T record. That's when the h2h is negated.

And, conference record is our entire schedule. 7-4. Cant separate division games from it. Conference record doesnt work in ND format as a tie breaker when our entire schedule is against conference teams. Im 3-2 anyway using your conf rec.

Youd have to break ties...

H2h
Div record when eliminating ties in a division.
Common record when eliminating ties outside divisions.
Then the other things youre using at the back end.

Im just asking....if I didnt play either statsman, pedge, or showbag h2h this year, and im tied with them (if I win this week), then by what criteria am I being eliminated already before full results are in?

I did play boknows and beat him, and IF hes tied with me after today too, then how you eliminating me?

Does this help answer your query?
200_s.gif

Just having a bit of fun is all GG....bored as have no court appearance this week--no clients to see--short week with the Thanksgiving holiday here stateside.

Didn't mean to infer you were being nasty....it's just the Browns board stateside is boring (what more can be said of a 2-8 team that already hasn't been beaten half to death?) and as an outspoken critic of the regime they have in place since the 2014 draft well...they don't like me much over there. :oops:

Just having a bit of fun is all GG....bored as have no court appearance this week--no clients to see--short week with the Thanksgiving holiday here stateside.

Didn't mean to infer you were being nasty....it's just the Browns board stateside is boring (what more can be said of a 2-8 team that already hasn't been beaten half to death?) and as an outspoken critic of the regime they have in place since the 2014 draft well...they don't like me much over there. :oops:
Youd think the browns board would be like the raiders boards I frequent.....the majority harshly critical and full of humor because all you can do is that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back