Official Club Stuff Official Box Hill Hawks FC thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Team sheet from Northern blues twitter. https://twitter.com/NBluesFC

CBoS6MDWIAAcgWA.jpg:large

What a huge test for the BHH listed players given the number of AFL listed/rookie players in the NB squad. The second half will be critical for part time footballers playing against professional footballers. As a carry on the development team would have been really tested. Do you know the final scores for the development game?

I just read on another thread "Box Hill Development Side went down to the Northern Blues by 5 points....5.3.33 to 5.8.38". Thanks P35.

To be competitive with no HFC players playing in the seniors indicates the BHH have a very strong list and good depth.

Lawlor has blown 3 guilt edged opportunities to goal, hitting the post from a set shot, a bad bounce running into an open goal & another snap shot which he dribbled along the ground for it to take a bad bounce thru the points!:mad:....According to Box Hill Twitter feed!

Make THAT 4 NOW!:rolleyes:

3/4 Time: Box Hill 9.9.63 lead Northern Blues 5.6.37

Goals: Switkowski 2, Jones 2, McEvoy 1, Lawlor 1, Mirra 1, Crocker 1, Soccio 1.

Goal to Mirra, is he playing up forward?

Dunno...Just quoting from the Box Hill twitter feed!....In fact, wouldn't have a clue where IKON Park even is TBH!

3/4 Time: Box Hill 9.9.63 lead Northern Blues 5.6.37

Goals: Switkowski 2, Jones 2, McEvoy 1, Lawlor 1, Mirra 1, Crocker 1, Soccio 1.

Dunno...Just quoting from the Box Hill twitter feed!....In fact, wouldn't have a clue where IKON Park even is TBH!

No worries.

It's Princes Park.

First of all, apologies for the delay...

Welcome Box Hill Hawks!!

As I live in Box Hill, but support North Melbourne in the AFL, I found a few years ago your special membership for Box Hill residents the best option for me to see Box Hill games. Are you going to bring back this membership in the near future?

I think it would be a great time to get some more supporters in the Box Hill area to games, especially after the success of affiliate club Hawthorn's back to back premiership wins and also Box Hill making the Grand Final for a 2nd year in a row.

Hey sagitox, the Box Hill area is of course a big area of interest for us and we're always looking for ways to engage with the community. It's too late now for this season, but it's definitely something I can pass on and it may be something that gets incorporated next season.

Box Hill Hawks - any reason for the sudden change in the date of the practice match that was played today instead of tomorrow? Also, will the practice match currently scheduled for Good Friday (I believe) go ahead and if so, what time are the games for seniors and development squad?

From what I understand, the Arden Street game was effected by North Melbourne's need for the oval.

Today's game obviously went ahead to a very good result for the seniors. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey sagitox, the Box Hill area is of course a big area of interest for us and we're always looking for ways to engage with the community. It's too late now for this season, but it's definitely something I can pass on and it may be something that gets incorporated next season.

From what I understand, the Arden Street game was effected by North Melbourne's need for the oval.

Today's game obviously went ahead to a very good result for the seniors. ;)

Would aappreciate if you could advise this site any changes like abovementioned so we could change our arrangements to get to the game

What's the thinking behind the non-selected HFC players getting no match practice? Some of our blokes have played 1 match in a month, if that.

I just read on another thread "Box Hill Development Side went down to the Northern Blues by 5 points....5.3.33 to 5.8.38". Thanks P35.

To be competitive with no HFC players playing in the seniors indicates the BHH have a very strong list and good depth.

What's more is that we beat an almost full-strength Blues reserves team in the seniors without a single Hawks listed player!....Struth!

What's the thinking behind the non-selected HFC players getting no match practice? Some of our blokes have played 1 match in a month, if that.

There was a tough intra-club full-scale-match practice just recently according to Rusty Hawk in another Fred....That probably explains it....Didn't affect the result though!

OMG/WTF, what an amazing win by the Mustang Hawkers. The NB team included 11 listed and 6 rookie Carlton players and they also had 2 more rotations with 25 players to the BHH 23 players. The BHH Development team only had 21 players so it is possible they played shorter quarters in the second half which would be the reason for the earlier start for the seniors.

I went to the Blues v Tigs game last night and left half way through the 3rd quarter because I thought it was an ordinary match. I wasn't impressed by the Tigs so the news is not good for the Blues. Surely the Blues players today would have wanted to push for a game in the AFL next week and yet the NB were beaten by a VFL stand alone side. The Blues will struggle to keep out of the bottom 4 in 2015.

Great week end for the Blues! A report on the AFL site was talking up two blues recruits, they also said BH were runner up in the VFL last season so implying a good effort from the young blues.

Who played ruck for BHH?

Great week end for the Blues! A report on the AFL site was talking up two blues recruits, they also said BH were runner up in the VFL last season so implying a good effort from the young blues.

Who played ruck for BHH?
What a load of AFL sponsored propaganda (bullshit). Carlton outclassed all over the ground. McEvoy, Jake Summers mainly with young Monky and Jones forward . If you were a neutral observer you would think BH had the seventeen AFL listed players.
Games are won in the midfield and NB were smashed. Great defensive pressure all over the ground kicking and ball handling cleaner . I just read the article and had to have a chuckle .
An even better effort when you consider Sam Isles limped off in the first five or ten minutes and down another midfield rotation......

That's awesome! I'm actually in the process of moving even closer to the BH City Oval! Right over the road, actually! In a new apartment!! :D

We're launching our new website today guys and gals.

Along with an aesthetic overhaul and updated pages (2015 head-shots, heights and weights for instance), even basic stuff on our end like uploading content and editing information on the site (for instance, game start times) has become much more simpler, so the level of content you will all be able to enjoy and our ability to engage will increase for 2015. Just waiting for the company tasked with building it to make the site live!

Not long until Round 1 now, we have our final set of practice matches Saturday against Williamstown at Burbank Oval (Seniors 2pm, Dev team 11am - free entry) which we hope to see a few of you at and then we get into the real stuff!

Go Hawks.

We're launching our new website today guys and gals.

Along with an aesthetic overhaul and updated pages (2015 head-shots, heights and weights for instance), even basic stuff on our end like uploading content and editing information on the site (for instance, game start times) has become much more simpler, so the level of content you will all be able to enjoy and our ability to engage will increase for 2015. Just waiting for the company tasked with building it to make the site live!

Not long until Round 1 now, we have our final set of practice matches Saturday against Williamstown at Burbank Oval (Seniors 2pm, Dev team 11am - free entry) which we hope to see a few of you at and then we get into the real stuff!

Go Hawks.
there ...

Emergencies Taylor Duryea, Ryan Schoenmakers and James Sicily have all been listed in the senior team for the practice match against Williamstown. Pittonet and Hardisty have been listed in the senior and development teams and Miller-Lewis, Langford and Tatupu were named in the development team. Strangely Jed Anderson has been listed in the senior team. Maybe HBD can tell us who is playing so we can know who will not playing on Sunday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back