Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

From the Geezer................

“Thanks Chelsea for the three and half years of a great partnership.

“I’ve made good friends, won many titles and those memories will last with me forever.

“I’d like to thank my team mates, all staff and all supporters (my geezers).

“I’m leaving with great sadness but at the same time excited for the new challenge that lies ahead in this great club in a city that have always enchanted me.

“It’s a new stage, new challenge and together we will go even further.

“Allez Paris!”

Read more at http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/05/...-fans-in-farewell-letter/#bMQsrCRBPbU8LQGg.99

Hey guys, doing a bit of reading over the weekend and apparently there is a rumour going around that we are keen to take young defender Tomas Kalas on loan (Villa and Hull also reportedly interested)?

Just wondering if you guys had any thoughts about him? Apparently has been out on loan a bit the last few years and has made a few cup appearances including in the CL? Can play either right or centre back too? Maybe he is one who might fall down the pecking order with Zouma now on the books?

P.S please don't sign Cabella ;)

Hey guys, doing a bit of reading over the weekend and apparently there is a rumour going around that we are keen to take young defender Tomas Kalas on loan (Villa and Hull also reportedly interested)?

Just wondering if you guys had any thoughts about him? Apparently has been out on loan a bit the last few years and has made a few cup appearances including in the CL? Can play either right or centre back too? Maybe he is one who might fall down the pecking order with Zouma now on the books?

P.S please don't sign Cabella ;)
First time i've heard of Newcastle and Hull interest, have heard the Aston Villa rumours though, also read something about heading to Germany for a loan period too.

He made his full debut against Liverpool a few weeks ago and didn't look out of place, he kept Suarez pretty quiet and for a young bloke without alot of Chelsea first team experience that says alot imo. Started the final game of the season against Cardiff and again played pretty well. He made his CL debut in the group stages but that was only a token time wasting subsitute if I remember correctly.

He said himself he see's himself more as a CB but played on the Right during his loan period for Vittese last season. If I had it my way I would send him for a loan period to the PL for a season as I think Mourinho wants Zouma for the first team next season.

You can have Cabella;)

First time i've heard of Newcastle and Hull interest, have heard the Aston Villa rumours though, also read something about heading to Germany for a loan period too.

He made his full debut against Liverpool a few weeks ago and didn't look out of place, he kept Suarez pretty quiet and for a young bloke without alot of Chelsea first team experience that says alot imo. Started the final game of the season against Cardiff and again played pretty well. He made his CL debut in the group stages but that was only a token time wasting subsitute if I remember correctly.

He said himself he see's himself more as a CB but played on the Right during his loan period for Vittese last season. If I had it my way I would send him for a loan period to the PL for a season as I think Mourinho wants Zouma for the first team next season.

You can have Cabella;)

Thanks mate! I've only seen our interest reported once (on a Newcastle fan page which is one of the better new sources for anything concerning the toon). Sounds like he might be a likely type - not sure we really need another CB but we could use cover at RB (or if Debuchy leaves...). Apparently Mou rates him but wants to give him some PL experience. He'd probably get more game time at Villa (or Hull if their interest is genuine).

There was some talk earlier in the window of Ba coming back but I think in the last week, there has been strong suggestions he will be staying put?

I hope the rumours that Chelsea want Cabella are just fluff, we won't be able to compete on fees or wages :p

Thanks mate! I've only seen our interest reported once (on a Newcastle fan page which is one of the better new sources for anything concerning the toon). Sounds like he might be a likely type - not sure we really need another CB but we could use cover at RB (or if Debuchy leaves...). Apparently Mou rates him but wants to give him some PL experience. He'd probably get more game time at Villa (or Hull if their interest is genuine).

There was some talk earlier in the window of Ba coming back but I think in the last week, there has been strong suggestions he will be staying put?

I hope the rumours that Chelsea want Cabella are just fluff, we won't be able to compete on fees or wages :p
I think Mou has high hopes and sees him as a future 1st team player, as do I. A loan at this point would be best, I agree because right now the worst thing that could happen is we could stall his career if we keep him in the squad.

Not really sure of the situation with Ba but if reports are to be believed Mou has asked him to stay and that he'll getting more games. Perhaps Mou recognised the hard work he puts in and his professional attitude about it. Ba confirmed it on twitter and I believe he has agreed to stay and work even harder. So i'm thinking a rotation of Costa/Manduzic, Ba and Lukaku.

I read a report that we have enquired aboiut Cabella but I wouldn't look to much into it, it wasn't a very reliable source.

I think Mou has high hopes and sees him as a future 1st team player, as do I. A loan at this point would be best, I agree because right now the worst thing that could happen is we could stall his career if we keep him in the squad.

Not really sure of the situation with Ba but if reports are to be believed Mou has asked him to stay and that he'll getting more games. Perhaps Mou recognised the hard work he puts in and his professional attitude about it. Ba confirmed it on twitter and I believe he has agreed to stay and work even harder. So i'm thinking a rotation of Costa/Manduzic, Ba and Lukaku.

I read a report that we have enquired aboiut Cabella but I wouldn't look to much into it, it wasn't a very reliable source.

Yeah, he is getting to that age in the next 12-24 months where he probably either be good or not good enough for the Chelsea first team. Given how important getting experience would be, he probably would be better off going to another club where he could get guaranteed minutes rather than be a fringe/squad player for us.

I'd have Ba back if he was available but if not, I suppose we could take Lukaku on loan :p

I'm hoping we are only genuinely interested club in Cabella to hopefully keep his price down a bit. ;)

Yeah, he is getting to that age in the next 12-24 months where he probably either be good or not good enough for the Chelsea first team. Given how important getting experience would be, he probably would be better off going to another club where he could get guaranteed minutes rather than be a fringe/squad player for us.

I'd have Ba back if he was available but if not, I suppose we could take Lukaku on loan :p

I'm hoping we are only genuinely interested club in Cabella to hopefully keep his price down a bit. ;)

I reckon his manager is only using Chelsea interest to get his wages up, AM iss the last thing we need.

I reckon his manager is only using Chelsea interest to get his wages up, AM iss the last thing we need.

Yeah your squad isn't exactly lacking in that department! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Torres makes the final 23 man Spanish squad, and with Costa injured it looks like he'll definitely be getting some game time. There's just too much man love for him over in Spain :p (although I may share their sentiments)

Be remiss not to mention Dave as well, very well deserved and should start most if not all matches.

So Torres makes the final 23 man Spanish squad, and with Costa injured it looks like he'll definitely be getting some game time. There's just too much man love for him over in Spain :p (although I may share their sentiments)

Be remiss not to mention Dave as well, very well deserved and should start most if not all matches.
Unbelievable he gets a spot ahead of Negredo. Could get another dodgy golden boot if he starts against the socceroos though :p

funny-lampard-chelsea-meme.jpg

Sad to see a legend go but I think it is the right time for super Frank to leave. Loved watching him play and will no doubt be remembered as a great of Chelsea football club.

My favorite goal by Lamps

Last edited:
I'm not going to lie, I'm in tears! I couldn't be more prouder of the way Frank has conducted himself for the club since he signed for us in 2001 and in my opinion he's up there with the best ever at the club! He's a legend and I'm not understating that, he truly is. He's in the class of Osgood, Tambling, Bonetti and Zola and what a proud class of players to be with as well.

I remember when Frank first signed with the club in June 2001 and I must admit I was weary of him. I wasn't sure about how he would play out under Chelsea and I never envisaged him to become a spectacular player, but my goodness he proved me wrong. What made Frank stand out from the rest of the squad was his hard work, dedication, tenacity and his willingness to continue to improve. He was a great player before the arrival of Jose Mourinho but Mourinho lifted his game up another level and just remember that once upon a time Frank came second in FIFA world player of the year in 2005 only behind Ronaldinho (who I still feel is the greatest player I've ever watched at his peak) so there's no shame of coming second in that particular year.

My memories of Frank from 2001-2004 were ones of great hope and admiration. He had all the weapons and he was on his way to becoming of one of the best. I could see it with his passion, dedication and his presence on the field. He was definitely a player who proved me wrong from my expectations at the start when he first signed with the club by this stage of his Chelsea career. I shouldn't forget that I'm so grateful for Ken Bates and Claudio Ranieri for signing this great man

When Jose Mourinho became manager, Frank absolutely thrived under him and became one of the most dominant and feared players in the world. It was just a blessing to watch him dominate week in week out. It was absolute euphoria watching him take free kicks and scoring penalties with ease at that stage of his career. I'm not going to lie, that era is still my favourite out of the whole time I've barracked for the club.

Even after Jose left, Frank was still a brilliant player with plenty to offer. While maybe he was just past his peak, he was nevertheless a solid and fantastic contributor who was very much a required and essential player for the team. While it was becoming gradually obvious that the years were catching up with Frank as he slowed down and didn't have that presence about him when he once did, there was no doubt in my mind that he gave 100% for the club and was still a hard worker no matter what and his leadership qualities were first class.

Today is a sad day for any true Chelsea supporter who's marvelled and admired Frank's abilities on the football pitch. He's a gem of a human being, modest, tough and without a doubt a class act in all facets of his game and as a person in general. His presence will be sorely missed at Stamford Bridge and I'll never forget him! Even after so many years he'll still be my favourite player just like Gianfranco Zola and Peter Osgood are as well!

Frank, we won't ever forget that goal against Bolton that brought us the title after 50 years, we won't ever forget that chip-kicking goal in Barcelona in 2006 which sent us into a frenzy, we won't forget that penalty kick against Liverpool where you paid tribute your late mother, the race to 203 goals which finally ended when we beat Aston Villa and we won't forget all the EPL, FA Cup, League Cup and of course the Champions League glories you experienced at the club. We're truly humbled to have witnessed so much success under you.

I'm very disappointed that we weren't able to get a farewell send-off for him because a part of me always thought he would be here until he retired. I know that no one is bigger than the club, but I always believed that Frank should have been at the club for life until he retired and that's why I'm gutted with the club's decision to let him go. No matter what, he's done so much for us and I think it was time to award him the honour of playing here for life.

Thank you for everything Frank and your contributions whether that's scoring a goal, demonstrating quality leadership skills toward other players and winning trophies will not be forgotten. I wish you the best of luck with the next step of your football career and hopefully one day you and the club will be reunited if that means coaching in some capacity.

This man along with John Terry personifies what Chelsea is all about and they shall never be forgotten even for many years to come! We love you Frankie!

article-2323317-0281978B0000044D-74_964x556.jpg

^ Super tribute. I've just been lost for words for the entirety of today, will write something up tomorrow. It's hard to imagine a Chelsea squad without Lampard in there :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back