Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on Azpi's red? Looked a bit harsh to me but I may be looking at it with blue tinted glasses on. That and he doesn't seem like the type who would intend on purposefully injuring an opponent.

Just saw it (and the match) then for the first time and looked a straight red, no complaints from my end. And he's such a good team player that I'm not even angry with him (winning may have contributed to this too :p)

Two lovely goals!

Thoughts on Costa's hammy fellas? I just read a quote from Mourinho saying he will be rested against Maribor and is highly unlikely to play against Manchester United. Not sure if he's playing mind games and resting him for United or if he's seriously injured. If he is seriously injured again this will be one nervy year as his hamstrings are an ongoing concern and seem to flare up once every two or three weeks.

Remy looked good early and capped it off with a decent strike, shame to see him go off like that. Drogs finally off the mark for his 2nd Chelsea stint!

Ake doesn't look out of place in the first team at all. Granted it was only Maribor, but that long ball to Hazard for the final goal was superb.

Was good to see Solanke get a run for the final 20 minutes.

Really like Ake, hope we continue to see more of him. Zouma was no nonsense and Luis was terrific. Cech in goals means that he is now cup tied so maybe there will be less suitors come January.

Sucks about Remy as that was a quality finish but with a run like that surely JT should be upfront against United ;)

Excellent win against Maribor and great to see that we didn't take this game easy. We needed a big win like this to cement ourselves on top of the ladder in the group stages. I wasn't too far off with my 4-0 prediction at the start of the game so I was very satisfied to see the boys go beyond that and win by an even bigger margin than I was anticipating.

Really pleased with the performances of Hazard, Willian and Fabregas who were the standouts in my opinion. Both of them didn't stop running and pressing all night and it's great to see them link up so well.

Drogba's penalty was awesome and the technique and execution behind it heavily resembled that famous night in Munich when he won the Champions League for us. It was a brilliant moment but there's no doubt that Drogba has lost a yard of pace in recent times hence it's clearly established that he'll be our third striker behind Costa and Remy when all three strikers are fully fit.

Also loved the way John Terry played. Scored a beautiful goal even if he was offside, assisted Remy in the first goal of the match and looked comfortable in defence all night. Great to see the captain playing so well!

Overall great night with the only negative being Loic Remy's injury which will rule him out for Sunday's match against Manchester United.

Excellent win against Maribor and great to see that we didn't take this game easy. We needed a big win like this to cement ourselves on top of the ladder in the group stages. I wasn't too far off with my 4-0 prediction at the start of the game so I was very satisfied to see the boys go beyond that and win by an even bigger margin than I was anticipating.

Really pleased with the performances of Hazard, Willian and Fabregas who were the standouts in my opinion. Both of them didn't stop running and pressing all night and it's great to see them link up so well.

Drogba's penalty was awesome and the technique and execution behind it heavily resembled that famous night in Munich when he won the Champions League for us. It was a brilliant moment but there's no doubt that Drogba has lost a yard of pace in recent times hence it's clearly established that he'll be our third striker behind Costa and Remy when all three strikers are fully fit.

Also loved the way John Terry played. Scored a beautiful goal even if he was offside, assisted Remy in the first goal of the match and looked comfortable in defence all night. Great to see the captain playing so well!

Overall great night with the only negative being Loic Remy's injury which will rule him out for Sunday's match against Manchester United.
Another quality match review. It's quite clear that Drogba isn't the striker he once was but will still be serviceable provided he stays fit.

I'll be the first to say that I was shocked when Jose bought in Willian especially for the price paid, as I wasn't sure he would ever get a game but I'm really glad to be proven wrong. Remy's a real shame. Just as he was beginning to get a decent run of consecutive games with Costa out this happens. Was starting to look the goods too.

Zouma I can see will be a star and wouldn't be at all suprised to see him start v United.

Oh, and, one last thing. Get rid of the avatar:p

Another quality match review. It's quite clear that Drogba isn't the striker he once was but will still be serviceable provided he stays fit.

I'll be the first to say that I was shocked when Jose bought in Willian especially for the price paid, as I wasn't sure he would ever get a game but I'm really glad to be proven wrong. Remy's a real shame. Just as he was beginning to get a decent run of consecutive games with Costa out this happens. Was starting to look the goods too.

Zouma I can see will be a star and wouldn't be at all suprised to see him start v United.

Oh, and, one last thing. Get rid of the avatar:p
Cheers mate! Yes Drogba is definitely still a handy striker but don't expect too much from him though. It will be interesting whether Jose starts him on Sunday or he plays a false nine like he did against Manchester United last season when we played them earlier in the year against Old Trafford.

Willian has been a revelation for the club and we should thank Tottenham for paying for his flight to London before we took over with negotiations to sign him last year.

Sorry about the avatar mate but it's staying and I'm already a Levi fan! :p

Cheers mate! Yes Drogba is definitely still a handy striker but don't expect too much from him though. It will be interesting whether Jose starts him on Sunday or he plays a false nine like he did against Manchester United last season when we played them earlier in the year against Old Trafford.

Willian has been a revelation for the club and we should thank Tottenham for paying for his flight to London before we took over with negotiations to sign him last year.

Sorry about the avatar mate but it's staying and I'm already a Levi fan! :p
Will be interesting what he does with the striker situation. I wouldn't at all be suprised to see him start Fabregas up front as thats what he's done for Spain and Barca IIRC.

The guys dead to me:( Nah but seriously I hope he does well, except against us!

How good!

544788cfa081b.PNG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I live for games like tonight's one haha, can't wait. Looks like Costa will start which is excellent news.

Here are my thoughts on the Manchester United v Chelsea game on Sunday:

It was a very disappointing end to the game with the way Ivanovic got sent off and then soon after Van Persie equalised for Manchester United. I was fuming right after the game as it felt like a loss on our behalf but thinking more rationally and logically now I think we should be content with the draw. This doesn't mean we should be satisfied with it as we should have obtained all three points but considering the circumstances of not having either Costa or Remy play this game, the ref killing us with poor decision making and Manchester United's inability to score due to Courtois great performance I think a draw isn't necessarily a bad result considering we still sit two games clear of second-placed Southampton at the present time.

A wonderful game by Didier Drogba and what a header. That goal reminded me of the 2012 Champions League Final when he scored a header with a few minutes to go to equalise against Bayern Munich. Drogba has definitely lost his pace but his aerobic ability and his general presence hasn't disappeared and I was impressed by his performance because of the burden he had to carry without Costa or Remy in the side. Courtois was outstanding for the whole game and it's a pity he didn't leave the ground with a clean sheet but that last goal was pretty much unstoppable as Van Persie was literally point blank range and had free reign to shoot.

I was disappointed with how we approached the last 20 minutes by sitting back rather than looking for a second goal to put the game beyond doubt but nevertheless Jose must have felt this was a safer option as playing an attacking game may have led to Manchester United's attackers thriving on this game plan and actually creating more chances at goal on the counter as the defence would have been more loose than it was, however Jose's mistake was playing far too defensive and allowing the opposition chances to score anyway. I think he'll be burning inside that we've lost four points that we should have obtained from the two Manchester sides.

Overall, we're in a great position in the EPL and I'm confident that we're heading into a great direction under Jose despite this very minor setback yesterday. Can't wait for the mid-week League Cup game and hopefully a massive thrashing next week of QPR which is long overdue as we all know after what happened very early last year under the FSW!

Here are my thoughts on the Manchester United v Chelsea game on Sunday:

It was a very disappointing end to the game with the way Ivanovic got sent off and then soon after Van Persie equalised for Manchester United. I was fuming right after the game as it felt like a loss on our behalf but thinking more rationally and logically now I think we should be content with the draw. This doesn't mean we should be satisfied with it as we should have obtained all three points but considering the circumstances of not having either Costa or Remy play this game, the ref killing us with poor decision making and Manchester United's inability to score due to Courtois great performance I think a draw isn't necessarily a bad result considering we still sit two games clear of second-placed Southampton at the present time.

A wonderful game by Didier Drogba and what a header. That goal reminded me of the 2012 Champions League Final when he scored a header with a few minutes to go to equalise against Bayern Munich. Drogba has definitely lost his pace but his aerobic ability and his general presence hasn't disappeared and I was impressed by his performance because of the burden he had to carry without Costa or Remy in the side. Courtois was outstanding for the whole game and it's a pity he didn't leave the ground with a clean sheet but that last goal was pretty much unstoppable as Van Persie was literally point blank range and had free reign to shoot.

I was disappointed with how we approached the last 20 minutes by sitting back rather than looking for a second goal to put the game beyond doubt but nevertheless Jose must have felt this was a safer option as playing an attacking game may have led to Manchester United's attackers thriving on this game plan and actually creating more chances at goal on the counter as the defence would have been more loose than it was, however Jose's mistake was playing far too defensive and allowing the opposition chances to score anyway. I think he'll be burning inside that we've lost four points that we should have obtained from the two Manchester sides.

Overall, we're in a great position in the EPL and I'm confident that we're heading into a great direction under Jose despite this very minor setback yesterday. Can't wait for the mid-week League Cup game and hopefully a massive thrashing next week of QPR which is long overdue as we all know after what happened very early last year under the FSW!
It's one is of those things where if we kept attacking and conceded Mourinho would be blamed for not shutting up shop. Didn't work this time but more often than not it does.

3 goals in 3 games for the Drog now.

Meanwhile Torres is still spudding it up in Italy with his solitary league goal. :|
If he can't at least match an ageing, third-in-line Drogba, well... That tells you something.

Nothing we didn't already know though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back