Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

Chef summed it up perfectly. I don't think he likes being second fiddle especially when he'd get a gig at any other club besides maybe Bayern Munich. Having said that he will probably stick out the season and assess options then. I don't think we'd sell another legend to a direct rival again either if that's what you're wondering lol

Don't think there's anyway that we would be considered a direct rival of Chelsea anymore!!! Cech may want to remain in the EPL. The only two real options for him if he does would be Arsenal & LFC with Spurs, City & United having established keepers.

Don't think there's anyway that we would be considered a direct rival of Chelsea anymore!!! Cech may want to remain in the EPL. The only two real options for him if he does would be Arsenal & LFC with Spurs, City & United having established keepers.

Di Marzio saying Roma's making a play for him.

Plus by seasons end it's possible both Lloris or De Gea could be on the move anyway, so you can't really rule anyone out at this stage.

I bet we thought you weren't direct rivals when we sold you Sturridge as well. Two years later you're title contenders and he's playing a massive role. No thanks.

Great win today. Would've loved a fourth though. Drogba or Hazard MOTM for mine. Bring on Newcastle.

Cech's manager saying theres no chance he's moving anywhere in Jan, which is great news.

And how good does Zouma look, we've got a great young CB on our hands.
Was very impressed with Zouma. Really think he will end up being a top class CB.

Ugh ******* Newcastle!

So frustrating that even with the addition of one of the best playmakers and strikers in the world we still can't break down teams who sit back.

Agree 100% with Loonerty post on the gameday thread that Azpi and Luis need to be our fullbacks. Have we even seen this yet? It's clear that Mou has given Iva a license to join the attack and for Azpi to mostly stay back but he is seriously the shittest cross in the league, he never hits a target. As Loonerty pointed out he bombs forward every time and leaves us exposed on the counter. I think Azpi could be quite dangerous on the right as he gets himself into strong attacking positions but lacks trust on his left foot. However, Bran has always been one of Jose's favourites, along with Mikel and Drogba, and will continue to play.

Hopefully we can see a bit more rotation over the next few weeks as we have the squad and a few players look like they could do with a break.

Ugh ******* Newcastle!

So frustrating that even with the addition of one of the best playmakers and strikers in the world we still can't break down teams who sit back.

Agree 100% with Loonerty post on the gameday thread that Azpi and Luis need to be our fullbacks. Have we even seen this yet? It's clear that Mou has given Iva a license to join the attack and for Azpi to mostly stay back but he is seriously the shittest cross in the league, he never hits a target. As Loonerty pointed out he bombs forward every time and leaves us exposed on the counter. I think Azpi could be quite dangerous on the right as he gets himself into strong attacking positions but lacks trust on his left foot. However, Bran has always been one of Jose's favourites, along with Mikel and Drogba, and will continue to play.

Hopefully we can see a bit more rotation over the next few weeks as we have the squad and a few players look like they could do with a break.
goodbye to invincibilty

Willian offers nothing for us in attack. One of our worst signings lately and it flies under the radar.

Willian with Schurrle's finishing is what we need. Or Schurrle with Willian's general play. Whichever, haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delighted to hear that RLC will be promoted to the first team squad permanently from January. Mou has also confirmed he will be making his debut tomorrow morning. I've heard there will be 7 teenagers in the squad. Hopefully we see Boga and/or Baker play some minutes.

Zouma starts, as does Costa i've heard. Presume Ake will get some minutes if fit.

Delighted to hear that RLC will be promoted to the first team squad permanently from January. Mou has also confirmed he will be making his debut tomorrow morning. I've heard there will be 7 teenagers in the squad. Hopefully we see Boga and/or Baker play some minutes.

Zouma starts, as does Costa i've heard. Presume Ake will get some minutes if fit.
Yup Mourinho has confirmed that Terry, Willian and Hazard won't feature and Costa starts. Don't see the point in risking Costa when Remy has barely had any minutes. Also Oscar has played the most minutes out of everyone so hopefully he isn't in the playing XI either.

Yup Mourinho has confirmed that Terry, Willian and Hazard won't feature and Costa starts. Don't see the point in risking Costa when Remy has barely had any minutes. Also Oscar has played the most minutes out of everyone so hopefully he isn't in the playing XI either.
I agree with this. I understand the need to get Costa back in form but surely this is not the match to do it. My choice of AM's would be Schurrle and Salah out wide with Boga through the middle. Fail that and start Remy behind Costa and bring on Boga midway through the 2nd.

I'm in two minds about Costa depending on what's hampering him at the moment.

If it's about fitness then starting him is the logical decision to make but if he still has slight injury concerns rest him for the important upcoming game against Hull on the weekend.

Assuming it's neither fitness or injury issues I'd still rest him and have him fresh and raring to go for the Hull City game. Maybe give him a late run in the Sporting game but that's assuming he's fine and has no other issues at the present time.

Why wait until January?

Was impressed with him when he played a post season friendly against us in USA last summer or the summer before. Looked a player then, and well capable of senior football.

Why wait until January?

Was impressed with him when he played a post season friendly against us in USA last summer or the summer before. Looked a player then, and well capable of senior football.

I guess there's no need to rush with RLC. Apparently he's grabbed Mou's attention with his efforts on the training track.

Will take PSG, a good challenge and we always do better against the big teams.

Also did anyone else lol at all the news of Costa ending his goal "drought." If Torres scored a single goal in his last five games it would have been seen as a purple patch.

Last edited:
Will take PSG, a good challenge and we always do better against the big teams.

Also did anyone else lol at all the news of Costa ending his goal "drought." Of Torres scored a single goal in his last five games it would have been seen as a purple patch.
It's unbelievable. He has been the most consistent striker in the world apart from Aguero and the media write him off as soon as he doesn't score every week. I swear to god it was two weeks after the West Brom game and goal.com wrote a headline "has Diego Costa lost his magic touch?"

Any thoughts on the upcoming transfer period? I would love an upgrade on Mikel or Ramires for the tougher games (Pogba or Koke would be unbelievable). Also I don't think Willian is up to it. I feel he is our biggest weakness and I reckon we could've found someone better for 10 million less. I would also rather see one of the youngsters have a go instead of Salah. He should be sold or loaned out. Poor finisher and will never make it at Chelsea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back