Official Club Stuff OFFICIAL GEELONG CATS THREAD - Questions, comments and suggestions for the Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Official Cats this is a bit different, but this season in the NHL the Columbus Blue Jackets have been knocking up gameday posters for their home games, and they've become a bit of a hit throughout the league. Maybe something to consider to try and drum up excitement and attendance at home games this year?

The Preseason media coverage out of the Club this year has been 1000% better. More interviews, more training updates and player pieces.

The difference is easily notable and a big positive.

Well done GFC media peeps….

Official Cats

Go Catters

Hey Official Cats this is a bit different, but this season in the NHL the Columbus Blue Jackets have been knocking up gameday posters for their home games, and they've become a bit of a hit throughout the league. Maybe something to consider to try and drum up excitement and attendance at home games this year?
Hey Jester, they look fantastic! There is a guy in England who does similar - http://www.paineproffitt.com/
In terms of the spend we have for marketing and advertising match days, it isn't very big so we try to focus on the games that will need it and how we can get real bang for our buck. With round one being a home game and such an important game we are going to work with Rock Posters in Melbourne to have a couple of weeks of posters promoting the game up around the Melbourne CBD and surrounding suburbs. We'll share the artwork with you when it is done, and hopefully you'll be able to spot them!
Thanks for passing that on and any ideas any BigFooty members have please let us know. The power of many minds!
Cheers,
Tom

The Preseason media coverage out of the Club this year has been 1000% better. More interviews, more training updates and player pieces.

The difference is easily notable and a big positive.

Well done GFC media peeps….

Official Cats

Go Catters
We really appreciate the feedback Daz. We've always wanted to increase our production and quality but not until now have we had the resources to do it. Hopefully we can keep improving throughout this season. Please let us know if there is anything you want to be seeing that we aren't giving you as well.

We really appreciate the feedback Daz. We've always wanted to increase our production and quality but not until now have we had the resources to do it. Hopefully we can keep improving throughout this season. Please let us know if there is anything you want to be seeing that we aren't giving you as well.

And its not a slight on previous iterations either - just that whats being done now is great and is appreciated by the fans here and in the wider community. People often make noise when stuff is wrong - and fair enough - but not always when its better. Don't want that to be the case here. And the communication and dialogue is great too.

Go Catters

Hi Official Cats, next open training session if any?

Regards

Nakia
Hi Nakia,
I haven't been able to confirm a concrete date for the next one.
Currently the thought process is to have them in school holidays (we saw from the ~3000 that came that this works). However, we also understand not everyone can make these sessions, especially if they are during the week.
There is a lot of work being done to find a great result allowing better access to training sessions without losing our competitive advantage with a closable stadium.
Thanks,
Tom

Hi Nakia,
I haven't been able to confirm a concrete date for the next one.
Currently the thought process is to have them in school holidays (we saw from the ~3000 that came that this works). However, we also understand not everyone can make these sessions, especially if they are during the week.
There is a lot of work being done to find a great result allowing better access to training sessions without losing our competitive advantage with a closable stadium.
Thanks,
Tom
Any chance you could use your pull to set me up on a dinner date with Nakia Cockatoo? ;):p

Any chance you could use your pull to set me up on a dinner date with Nakia Cockatoo? ;):p
You might have some competition...

AA030216MW0057.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Mrs Nakia know you're swinging the other way in your cheating ?
Don't go all Caitlyn Jenner on us ;)
Mrs Nakia thinks I'm at work at night. ;)

Does Mrs Nakia know you're swinging the other way in your cheating ?
Don't go all Caitlyn Jenner on us ;)

You obviously have not met Nakia.
I am of the opinion that he would scrub up pretty good in a cute little off the shoulder outfit.;)

You obviously have not met Nakia.
I am of the opinion that he would scrub up pretty good in a cute little off the shoulder outfit.;)
Haha. I was told by a female once that I'd look good in a skirt.

Haha. I was told by a female once that I'd look good in a skirt.

Now you can boast that a bloke suggested it too.

I think that maybe I have been single too long.:eek:

Hi all,

Mitch Broughton here. I've been watching from afar the past few months as Tom does some of his finest work across this thread, but as we're just a few weeks out from our first NAB Challenge match it's probably a great time to introduce myself.

As a few of you have noted, I'm originally from Tasmania with a background in news across TV, radio and print. I'm also long time BigFooty user myself - especially when Sex & the City somehow finds its way onto the TV at home #happywifehappylife.

I see the creation of my role as a genuine, conscious effort by the club to engage with you - the fans. We want you to feel a part of what is the greatest team of all, and hopefully you're beginning to see the fruits of that effort.

Our goal is to be the number one source of Cats news, analysis and content. I don't want to give too much away right now, but we have a few things in the pipeline we feel will really push us closer to that target, as well as improving the overall look, feel and usability of everything we do.

If there's anything you'd like to see to that end, we'd love to hear it.

As always, Tom and now myself will keep chipping in consistently in this thread and even across the Cats board to answer your questions and get your input. Everything you're throwing up so far has been great so please keep it coming.

Cheers,

Mitch

Hello Mr Official Cats man, I have a very serious question for you that is causing great angst amongst the boards posters at the moment.

Who is the player in the below photo wearing the white cap? :D Thanks in advance. :)

View attachment 213947

That would be one J. Caddy in full Hulk mode. Everyone is looking good at this time of the year but Cads is definitely one who I've been impressed with.

- Mitch

That would be one J. Caddy in full Hulk mode. Everyone is looking good at this time of the year but Cads is definitely one who I've been impressed with.

- Mitch
Thanks for the reply Mitch. I thought that it looked a lot like Scooter myself but the majority of posters thought that it was Caddy and it looks as though they are right. Has Scooter begun to join in on some more competitive drills of late?

Thanks. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back