Official Club Stuff Official Hawthorn Club Account on Big Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

it basically translates to about $20 off for any ticket you purchase to that match, the only other two matches possible would be the essendon v hawthorn docklands or the north v hawthorns docklands

i guess their thinking is people would prefer the replacement for the bigger game rather than the north game

there is the likelihood that this whole a reserved match happened after people had bought memberships and the games had been decided

which games are declared replacement games probably has an impact on match status in itself

suedehead and stemline

I'd be surprised if this wasn't border-lining on misleading and deceptive conduct to be quite frank.

Will have a closer read through things tonight regarding the 'admission' and 'entry to X games' wording on the membership website before grabbing a more professional opinion tomorrow from a mate. Whether the upgrade is $8, $95 or even 50c is entirely irrelevant - the membership on it's own will not allow entry into the match and that is the issue.

Update:
Point 3 under 'general admission benefits' makes reference to the 'subject to capacity' condition, but I'd question its appropriateness when 'capacity' is set at zero for one of the four said matches. The highlighted statement under '2014 replacement game seating' appears highly misleading given the use of the word 'access'.

Hi HFC Official

Can you shed any light on who is in the Hawks leadership group this year? or is it secret squirrel business??

Cheers

homer_zps224faf94.gif

Last edited:

G'day HFC Official , I was just wondering if the club was offering number pressing this year at the MCG before our home games.

I remember in 2011 at each home game, the membership/merchandise tent offered a price of $10 for any number to be pressed on to a fan's jumper.

G'day HFC Official , I was just wondering if the club was offering number pressing this year at the MCG before our home games.

I remember in 2011 at each home game, the membership/merchandise tent offered a price of $10 for any number to be pressed on to a fan's jumper.

Hi Hawker92,

Unfortunately this service will not be available at match-days.

I don't know the answer to that question, but if you get along to the family day this Sunday, you'll be able to put numbers on the backs of your guernseys. You can also do it at the Hawksnest at Waverley (and presumably at Glenferrie).

Hi Hawker92,

Unfortunately this service will not be available at match-days.
I don't know the answer to that question, but if you get along to the family day this Sunday, you'll be able to put numbers on the backs of your guernseys. You can also do it at the Hawksnest at Waverley (and presumably at Glenferrie).

Thanks for the help!

Hi HFC Official,
Regarding Hawksnest shop, has any consideration been given to adding paypal as a payment method?

Cheers
Dinsdale

Hi Dinsdale,

We are regularly in discussion with PayPal and are continually monitoring the space we are working in. We have just released a new platform with the main feature being the full mobile optimisation of the online store. We will again re-evaluate PayPal.

Thanks for the clarification, HFC Official. I reckon the AFL have screwed this one up – there will be loads of empty seats, and members who have paid for tickets sitting at home watching it. I can't see it as being anything other than a money-making rort.
Of course that's all it is. A complete rort. I won't be attending any of these games, as I refuse to scamper for the remaining tickets, and pay extra money for something that was already sold to me.

HFC Official and those club staff who have a line of communication to AFL house should be very concerned at the flow on effect this will have on the club. I'm irate about this and the complete lack of fight from the club(s), and I'm far from alone.

Personally, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, I can't see the value in a membership if it's only going to allow me entry to games against clubs that are candidates for the spoon.

if all emailed clubs [not just hawks but all team supporters ] about the price hikes in seats and ticketing games that are replacement games etc
then they the club would have allot to put to the afl and maybe that might tell the afl to stop the rorts of what they are doing ,
maybe to even make it easier to get the seat you want rather then them sell bay by bay row by row etc like they do and maybe to deal with allocation of grand final tickets better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course that's all it is. A complete rort. I won't be attending any of these games, as I refuse to scamper for the remaining tickets, and pay extra money for something that was already sold to me.

HFC Official and those club staff who have a line of communication to AFL house should be very concerned at the flow on effect this will have on the club. I'm irate about this and the complete lack of fight from the club(s), and I'm far from alone.

Personally, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, I can't see the value in a membership if it's only going to allow me entry to games against clubs that are candidates for the spoon.

I am definitely not going to buy another ticket given that I have already paid for one. It's concerning that the club don't really seem to care about its members paying for an 11-game membership and getting 10 games. We already put up with four home games being sold to another state (thus lessening the value of a reserved seat membership), so this really doesn't help.

HFC official, it would be nice to hear someone from the club speak out about this ridiculous decision. Is there any chance of that happening?

I am definitely not going to buy another ticket given that I have already paid for one. It's concerning that the club don't really seem to care about its members paying for an 11-game membership and getting 10 games. We already put up with four home games being sold to another state (thus lessening the value of a reserved seat membership), so this really doesn't help.

HFC official, it would be nice to hear someone from the club speak out about this ridiculous decision. Is there any chance of that happening?

I'll give you two guesses.

Echols - I understand and share your frustration, but supporters are in a catch-22. We either pay through the nose for cheap seats that we've already paid for through our membership, or we sit at home watching it on the TV. Ratings for the football broadcast go up, and the AFL demands a bigger amount for the TV rights the next time the broadcast rights are up for renewal.

Either way the AFL wins. Really, the only way to hit the AFL where it hurts is to not watch the game at all - which will be difficult for many supporters to stomach.

Any reason hawthorn isn't doing a webcast of today's game? Seems the perfect opportunity to experiment with this type of broadcast (audio). Could have had guys like whitecross, grimley and Lowden in the box doing the call of the game. Would have been a great treat to here from those players and how they see the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any reason hawthorn isn't doing a webcast of today's game? Seems the perfect opportunity to experiment with this type of broadcast (audio). Could have had guys like whitecross, grimley and Lowden in the box doing the call of the game. Would have been a great treat to here from those players and how they see the game.

Totally agree, would be much better than following it on Twitter.

Maybe not doing a webcast is in keeping with their low key approach, it is only a practice match after all.

Hi HFC Official

Is there any chance the club will release GOLD numbers for the AWAY jumpers for us to buy instead of the current yellow and white numbers? Remember a famous man once said "theres no yellow in Hawthorn, Son".

Hi HFC

I am wondering where can I purchase a 2013 premiership poster and wedge poster from?
I never had time to her one last year a with baby and all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi HFC Official

Is there any chance the club will release GOLD numbers for the AWAY jumpers for us to buy instead of the current yellow and white numbers? Remember a famous man once said "theres no yellow in Hawthorn, Son".

Hi Dinsdale,

Unfortunately at the present we will not be selling the all-gold numbers to be pressed on the back of Hawthorn guernseys. We would love to, however we have restrictions around minimum stock orders. We are continually working on a solution so stay tuned.

HFC Official

Hi Dinsdale,

Unfortunately at the present we will not be selling the all-gold numbers to be pressed on the back of Hawthorn guernseys. We would love to, however we have restrictions around minimum stock orders. We are continually working on a solution so stay tuned.

HFC Official

Thanks for the prompt reply, does that mean Hawksnest has over-ordered the Yellow-white numbers? Personally, I am holding off buying a new jumper due to this reason, and I reckon a lot of Hawks members and supporters are in the same boat.

Hi HFC Official

I've just cut & pasted the following from your webpage "Five Takeaways: Essendon v Hawthorn"

4. Burgoyne does it again
He might not get the same plaudits as the Sam Mitchells, the Luke Hodges and the Gary Abletts but make no mistake, Shaun Burgoyne is one of the league’s alite players.

Please, please, please could you get someone to proofread things that go onto the website.

Shaun Burgoyne is not "alite" at all. A spelling error like that really does diminish the tone of the points being made.

Hi HFC Official

I've just cut & pasted the following from your webpage "Five Takeaways: Essendon v Hawthorn"

4. Burgoyne does it again
He might not get the same plaudits as the Sam Mitchells, the Luke Hodges and the Gary Abletts but make no mistake, Shaun Burgoyne is one of the league’s alite players.

Please, please, please could you get someone to proofread things that go onto the website.

Shaun Burgoyne is not "alite" at all. A spelling error like that really does diminish the tone of the points being made.
I like how it says "but make no mistake" before immediately making a spelling mistake lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back