Official Club Stuff Official Hawthorn Club Account on Big Footy

HFC Official Not wanting to be seen as going too early, but just don't want to miss the boat --> Has the information been mailed out yet regarding registering for GF tickets if we win this week's match? Memory says it is usually after the QF that we do this right?

Cheers, MB.

HFC Official

Official Account
Verified Account
Oct 18, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
HFC Official Not wanting to be seen as going too early, but just don't want to miss the boat --> Has the information been mailed out yet regarding registering for GF tickets if we win this week's match? Memory says it is usually after the QF that we do this right?

Cheers, MB.

Hi MB,

The Grand Final ticket registration letter is being sent to all eligible members today.

The two potential dates are:

If Hawthorn beats Geelong – Registration date is Thursday 11 September
If Hawthorn loses to Geelong and wins Semi-Final – Registration date is Thursday 18 September

Thanks,
HFC Official

HFC Official

Given Alex's win in the Liston, and the fact we sponsor the lad, would it be possible to get him to make an appearance on these boards?

I dunno, we could submit questions or something.

I place the Big Footy resources completely in your hands should they be required.

Just be nice to have Alex 'over'.

Grizz

HFC Official

Given Alex's win in the Liston, and the fact we sponsor the lad, would it be possible to get him to make an appearance on these boards?

I place the Big Footy resources completely in your hands should they be required.

Grizz

HFC Official

At the sponsors' cocktail function last year, I spoke with Alex about BigFooty and he was intrigued by it. He might not remember the conversation, though.

Perhaps if he's not comfortable coming on board, we can do a twitter chat that the club can moderate.

HFC Official

Official Account
Verified Account
Oct 18, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
HFC Official

Grizz

Hi Grizz,

We'll check with a few internal departments and Alex when he is back in at the Club tomorrow and have an answer for you soon.

Thanks,
HFC Official

11sjw

Cancelled
10k Posts Armchair Endzone Participant
May 13, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Meh
Hi HFC Official ,

I've heard that there is an open training session tomorrow. Has a timing for that been announced?

Cheers

Hi Grizz,

We'll check with a few internal departments and Alex when he is back in at the Club tomorrow and have an answer for you soon.

Thanks,
HFC Official

Thank you. Be lovely to have Alex over, as such.

Hi HFC Official ,

Does the club profit from the non-refundable GF ballot fee?
That's not fair, mate.
Now an official of our club has to reply by starting off:

"Hi PNESS"

Thanks for clarifying that. Clearly Ticketek are the ones making a killing each year with this ballot!
Same with charging us to print out our own tickets. I love that one. o_O

Hi Grizz,

Thanks,
HFC Official

Many thanks for that HFC Official.

Was lovely to have Alex posting on the board. And for the club to be so accommodating, especially at the pointy end of the season.

let's do it again sometime soon.

For those of you that missed it, here's the thread:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...-on-this-board-today-at-2-30pm.1076250/page-4

Mar 30, 2005
in a house
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
box hill
Many thanks for that HFC Official.

Was lovely to have Alex posting on the board. And for the club to be so accommodating, especially at the pointy end of the season.

let's do it again sometime soon.

For those of you that missed it, here's the thread:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...-on-this-board-today-at-2-30pm.1076250/page-4
darn i missed it :-( i got home late too and did not see question thread,
don't matter next time if i remember what the question i was going to ask him was i will ask him to his face :)

Hi Nessy,

No the Club does not. The fee is an adminstration fee to cover the expenses incurred by the Grand Final ticket registration procedure.

Thanks,
HFC Official
Does the club, or any other club, make note to Ticketek and/or the AFL of the outrages fees members are having to pay just to register especially when it doesn't get refunded if your team doesn't make it?

As has been posted in this thread by a Hawthorn poster and member, Ticketek are making an estimated $220,000 per club just for the balloting process. On top of that, there are additional fee charges if you're successful in the ballot.

So the two teams that don't make it make Ticketek around the $400,000 mark for doing very little.

HFC Official

Official Account
Verified Account
Oct 18, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Does the club, or any other club, make note to Ticketek and/or the AFL of the outrages fees members are having to pay just to register especially when it doesn't get refunded if your team doesn't make it?

As has been posted in this thread by a Hawthorn poster and member, Ticketek are making an estimated $220,000 per club just for the balloting process. On top of that, there are additional fee charges if you're successful in the ballot.

So the two teams that don't make it make Ticketek around the $400,000 mark for doing very little.

Hi savagelunchbox,

The whole $5.50 fee doesn't all go to Ticketek. There are a number of administrative process that are put in place for Grand Final ticket registration by the Club, AFL and Ticketek and the fee is charged to help cover these costs (such as the booklet mailout and communications to all eligible members, the Ticketek system for registering and more). As mentioned above, the Club does not make a profit from this fee.

I hope that explains it a bit better.

Thanks,
HFC Official

Hi savagelunchbox,

The whole $5.50 fee doesn't all go to Ticketek. There are a number of administrative process that are put in place for Grand Final ticket registration by the Club, AFL and Ticketek and the fee is charged to help cover these costs (such as the booklet mailout and communications to all eligible members, the Ticketek system for registering and more). As mentioned above, the Club does not make a profit from this fee.

I hope that explains it a bit better.

Thanks,
HFC Official
So it costs the AFL, the 2 clubs that don't make it and Ticketek $400,000 just to do the ballot stuff? That doesn't seem quite right.

EDIT: Continues below.

Last edited:
Furthermore to my above post re: Ticketek. Since you have their contact details, can you get the AFL to refund the $52 difference I had to pay for a ticket because Ticketek won't allow you to select your seats, your bay or the area in which you sit.

The $52 is for the difference between a Category 4 and a Category 7 ticket. Within 60 seconds of going on sale, Ticketek told me that all C7 seats were sold. Yeah right. Then 15mins later I see that other people I know got C7 tickets. I was lied to. Pathetic. Knowing I wasn't going to get the C7 tickets, I then went for C3 tickets for the bays either side behind the goals of the Hawthorn end, but I got put down the other end. It wouldn't allow me to change ends and repeated efforts to cancel and rebook tickets put me in the same area. I decided to go cheaper again and went C4 since I was destined to be down the Punt rd end.

The $52 is to cover the difference in ticket price, and I really should be asking for more to cover the costs of eye damage I'm going to get since I was only allowed to sit down the end that will have me looking directly into the sun all game. Even with sunnies on, it will still make for piss poor viewing.

$52 isn't much for a over-inflated, uppity toff who is running the AFL (while being a well bent over bitch to the television broadcasters), but for a regular working Joe like me, who didn't have the ability to fall ass backwards into many a multi-million jobs thanks to mum & dad, $52 is a good chunk of money I could do a lot with.

King Regards,
Approx. 30,000 loyal members who continually get screwed over by the AFL/Ticketek and the monkey's running it.

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A bit unfair to lump all that on HFC Official.
There were very limited cat7 seats. They were bound to go fast.
Some people who selected cat7 seats would reject them or fail to complete their transaction for whatever reason, that is why a few minutes later they can pop up again as available. Should always keep trying.
There were heaps of cat6 tickets for the same price or not much more, these are still available.
Also by the time the game starts the sun will be behind the Ponsford stand so you won't be looking into it.
But yes, some more flexibility in choosing seats would be nice.

A bit unfair to lump all that on HFC Official.
There were very limited cat7 seats. They were bound to go fast.
Some people who selected cat7 seats would reject them or fail to complete their transaction for whatever reason, that is why a few minutes later they can pop up again as available. Should always keep trying.
There were heaps of cat6 tickets for the same price or not much more, these are still available.
Also by the time the game starts the sun will be behind the Ponsford stand so you won't be looking into it.
But yes, some more flexibility in choosing seats would be nice.
Ticketek don't let all the tickets go on sale at the same time. When it says "allocation exhausted", they are telling the customer something very misleading. They don't actually allocate all the seats in the bay. They reserve some for the people who don't have a membership, which is bullshit. They make sure certain sections are sold first before others and therefore they don't release all the seats at the same time and they don't release all the available seats at the same time.

The fact that 2 groups of people, in groups of 4 and 6 were able to get seats 15+ mins after the tickets went on sale to members whereas I couldn't get one seat 60 secs after they went on sale in the same bay shows that they play funny buggers with customers knowing that people will still pay for the more expensive seats. Why do you think you have no real control of where you sit? You can't pick your level, you can't pick your end, you can't move your seat, it's all a lottery. It's designed to make sure they get people paying more than they want to. Even the people on the phone at Ticketek lie to you. I've had them admit they're lying and tell me when the specific bay I wanted was going on sale. Problem is they don't do it during finals. Same as they remove the option of moving your lottery selected seat for finals.

To make matters worse, I got 3 different friends to try and get level 1 C7 tickets when they went on sale. One in a group of 3, one in a group of 6 and one to get a solo ticket. All were able to get them. All within 2 rows of each other. It's not people rejecting their seats. Who goes on a 9am and then within 2 mins decides they don't want them?? There may be 1 or 2, but not 5 rows of them all in the same rows. Problem is that Ticketek give no indication of when the reserved seats will go on sale so you have to take your chances at 9am and this causes an overflow of ticket buyers and causes the site to crash.

It's pathetic; it's pure scum; it's bordering on criminal.

Surely though this would be an afl directorate rather than ticketek in regards to what sections and how many seats get released. Then I presume it is a lottery what seat numbers are given because it would be computer generated.

I understand your frustration but why not email the afl and vent

Back