Official Club Stuff Official Hawthorn Club Account on Big Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Dinsdale,

Thanks for your question.

There will be no Priority 3 status for a Grand Final ticket in 2015. Priority 2 (Silver, Interstate Silver or MCC Hawk memberships) will be the lowest eligible category for members who wish to apply for a Grand Final ticket if Hawthorn compete. The structure of Grand Final priorities is detailed more in our Membership Terms and Conditions here: http://membership.hawthornfc.com.au/terms-conditions.html

Priority 1 memberships as a whole have not been increased and will be remain the same as 2014 with the only change of our new P1+ category for Legends Club members where they will now have access to the first allocation of seats for a Grand Final if we compete.

Thanks,
HFC Official

How does the first allocation of seats work?

Hi Dinsdale,

Thanks for your question.

There will be no Priority 3 status for a Grand Final ticket in 2015. Priority 2 (Silver, Interstate Silver or MCC Hawk memberships) will be the lowest eligible category for members who wish to apply for a Grand Final ticket if Hawthorn compete. The structure of Grand Final priorities is detailed more in our Membership Terms and Conditions here: http://membership.hawthornfc.com.au/terms-conditions.html

Priority 1 memberships as a whole have not been increased and will be remain the same as 2014 with the only change of our new P1+ category for Legends Club members where they will now have access to the first allocation of seats for a Grand Final if we compete.

Thanks,
HFC Official

Thanks for the reply, can you tell us how many of each class there are? It reads like Legends are now Priority 1, Gold are Priority 2, and Silver are now Priority 3 (you cant have two 1's ;))

It would also be interesting to know how many members are on the waiting list for Gold and Interstate Gold.

Thanks for the reply, can you tell us how many of each class there are? It reads like Legends are now Priority 1, Gold are Priority 2, and Silver are now Priority 3 (you cant have two 1's ;))

It would also be interesting to know how many members are on the waiting list for Gold and Interstate Gold.
yes they got two 1's

Grand Final tickets for participating Clubs are limited and allocation is determined by a priority listing. The order of priority for those members who hold an 11-game or away-game membership is as follows:

Priority One (first allocation): Legends Club,

Priority One (second allocation): 11-game & home and away-game Kennedy Club, Interstate Gold, Tassie Gold & Gold members

Priority Two: 11-game & home and away-game Silver members, Interstate Silver and MCC Hawk members

yes they got two 1's

Grand Final tickets for participating Clubs are limited and allocation is determined by a priority listing. The order of priority for those members who hold an 11-game or away-game membership is as follows:

Priority One (first allocation): Legends Club,

Priority One (second allocation): 11-game & home and away-game Kennedy Club, Interstate Gold, Tassie Gold & Gold members

Priority Two: 11-game & home and away-game Silver members, Interstate Silver and MCC Hawk members
So basically priority 1 means you're guaranteed a seat (as long as you apply) but if you're a Legends Club member you will get the better seats. Priority 2 just get what's left.

Sounds fair to me.

think so there are 2 slots of p1 going by that and what was p3 must be now p2 ? does that sound right ??
Yeah that sounds about right.

P1 (Legends Club) = guaranteed one of the best seats
P1 (gold members) = guaranteed a seat
P2 (silver + rest) = chance at what's left over

Like I said, sounds fair to me. The people who are paying the most for the top level membership deserve to get the best seats available from the Hawks allocation. Under the old system they were a chance of getting seats up the back of level Q (the nose bleeds) while other gold members who pay a lot less for their memberships could get prime seating.

Like I said, sounds fair to me. The people who are paying the most for the top level membership deserve to get the best seats available from the Hawks allocation. Under the old system they were a chance of getting seats up the back of level Q (the nose bleeds) while other gold members who pay a lot less for their memberships could get prime seating.

How do you define a best seat? For example many people prefer M, others P or lower levels of Q. The best seats are N and then there are those who prefer to stand.

How does the first allocation of seats work?

The process of allocating Grand Final tickets to Club member is currently being reviewed by the AFL and the Clubs so the process for 2015 allocations will be confirmed soon.

This is correct though what seats are allocated will depend on the process which is currently TBC (see comment above).

If the process is like the AFL members Grand Final allocation where there is a direct on-sale through Ticketek, Legends members will have first chance of choosing what category they want to pay for, then in the next timeslot Kennedy and Gold will be able to choose depending on what is available and then whatever is remaining will go to Silver. The other option would be that it's allocated the same as this year where all Legends members would get the higher category seating options and so on.

Hope this clears things up.

Thanks,
HFC Official

The renewal cut-off date for reserved seat members is 31 Oct. So basically you have to renew before seeing the 2015 draw, which usually comes out right then.

Any chance the cut-off date could be a week later?

How do you define a best seat? For example many people prefer M, others P or lower levels of Q. The best seats are N and then there are those who prefer to stand.
I agree N is best at the MCG for the pure spectacle though I don't mind P if I'm trying to get a more tactical view (easier to see running patterns) and M if I just want to get as close as I can and soak in the atmosphere.

Maybe instead of selecting simply a preference of seating or standing room they could give the ability to choose a preference list and you'd be given the best available when your ballot number is drawn? Selections could include:
- M front (not under roof line)
- M back (under roof line)
- N
- P
- Q
- Standing
And then a wing, pocket and behind goal option for each.

The renewal cut-off date for reserved seat members is 31 Oct. So basically you have to renew before seeing the 2015 draw, which usually comes out right then.

Any chance the cut-off date could be a week later?

The fixture should be released before the deadline for renewal giving you time to make your decision. If you wish to downgrade or cancel your membership after the 31 October deadline this can be done. Contact membership@hawthornfc.com.au or call 1 3000 HAWKS (1300 042 957) if you want more info.

I agree N is best at the MCG for the pure spectacle though I don't mind P if I'm trying to get a more tactical view (easier to see running patterns) and M if I just want to get as close as I can and soak in the atmosphere.

Maybe instead of selecting simply a preference of seating or standing room they could give the ability to choose a preference list and you'd be given the best available when your ballot number is drawn? Selections could include:
- M front (not under roof line)
- M back (under roof line)
- N
- P
- Q
- Standing
And then a wing, pocket and behind goal option for each.

That's exactly how the AFL member tickets are allocated in a bay by bay basis and something we are certainly pushing for.

That's exactly how the AFL member tickets are allocated in a bay by bay basis and something we are certainly pushing for.
Looks like things are in good hands then. Well done HFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i bet they just hand them out still like they usually do and a legend could still end up back row of top deck

The fixture should be released before the deadline for renewal giving you time to make your decision. If you wish to downgrade or cancel your membership after the 31 October deadline this can be done. Contact membership@hawthornfc.com.au or call 1 3000 HAWKS (1300 042 957) if you want more info.

they did not give me a choice of where i could sit for this years they just put me where they put me ?? but if they do give us that choice that would be good

Howdy HFC Official - Just dropping in to say cheers for what you do for your fans.

I work for iiNet and we've had the 2013 and 2014 Premiership Cups here across the road from our offices in Subiaco today.

No idea if it's written into your contract with us that you do this, but even if it is, massive round of applause for the work you do.

It's not hard to see why hundreds of people turned up today to have their photos taken with the cups, and to meet Brad Hill, Stuart Fox and the great man Peter Knights.

Two thumbs up from me and this little man :)

1621750_10153199104968465_8384778429570144404_n.jpg

Quick question.

I'm thinking of upgrading my GA membership to a Silver membership (would have been gold but they are unfortunately sold out). Is there anyway of knowing where the reserved seat you'll be allocated before purchasing? I don't particularly want a seat all the way up in the Qs

You'll have to wait and see

Canberra will certainly be included in the Tour.

We'll check with HawksNest and get back to you on the guernsey

Thanks,
HFC Official

Hi, Any word from Hawksnest on a new back to back guernsey?

Quick question.

I'm thinking of upgrading my GA membership to a Silver membership (would have been gold but they are unfortunately sold out). Is there anyway of knowing where the reserved seat you'll be allocated before purchasing? I don't particularly want a seat all the way up in the Qs
I don't think so. I got none when i upgraded the disabled bros tix, and ended up with inappropriate seats that we couldn't use.
He is joining us back in GA next year.

Quick question.

Hi ScoobySnacks,

When purchasing a reerved seat membership you can submit a reserved seat request in writing to the Club and we can attach it to your acocampaigner before your seat is allocated. If we can't fulfil your request when it comes to allocating your seat/s, we'll give you a call to let you know of your options.

If you're not happy with these options, we can always downgrade you back to general admission if that's what you want.

Email membership@hawthornfc.com.au with your request and the membership staff will be able to assist.

Thanks,
HFC Official

Hi ScoobySnacks,

When purchasing a reerved seat membership you can submit a reserved seat request in writing to the Club and we can attach it to your acocampaigner before your seat is allocated. If we can't fulfil your request when it comes to allocating your seat/s, we'll give you a call to let you know of your options.

If you're not happy with these options, we can always downgrade you back to general admission if that's what you want.

Email membership@hawthornfc.com.au with your request and the membership staff will be able to assist.

Thanks,
HFC Official

Thanks guys. Got a call from the club this morning anyways, which sorted out my query. Keep up the great work!

HFC Official

I see that the family gold 11-game membership cost has jumped to $943, which according to my mathematics is an 11% increase on the cost in 2014 for a family gold membership.

Why is the club increasing the cost of a family gold membership by so much? This appears to me to be gouging members.

HFC Official

I see that the family gold 11-game membership cost has jumped to $943, which according to my mathematics is an 11% increase on the cost in 2014 for a family gold membership.

Why is the club increasing the cost of a family gold membership by so much? This appears to me to be gouging members.
Wasn't there a price freeze on membership prices from 2013 to 2014? Or was that just the finals ticket prices?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back