Official Club Stuff Official Hawthorn Club Account on Big Footy

Hi mustang,

The Club is not allowed to provide any kind of coaching, training etc to prospective players as part of rules defined by the AFL. The only exception to this is when players are allocated to train at the Club as part of the AIS/AFL Talent Pathways program.

The Clubs in the northern states have been given approval by the AFL to run their academies which is why they are entitled to do so.

Thanks,
HFC Official
We won't tell. ;)

mustang

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds United
Hi mustang,

The Club is not allowed to provide any kind of coaching, training etc to prospective players as part of rules defined by the AFL. The only exception to this is when players are allocated to train at the Club as part of the AIS/AFL Talent Pathways program.

The Clubs in the northern states have been given approval by the AFL to run their academies which is why they are entitled to do so.

Thanks,
HFC Official

Thanks for answering my question but I'm a bit confused can I ask this what do North melb do as they have one called Like father like son and Essendon have the James Hird academy and west coast and Carlton having one also.

North Melbourne
http://m.nmfc.com.au/video/2014-04-17/fatherson-academy-watch

Essendon
http://m.essendonfc.com.au/team/james-hird-academy

West Coast
http://m.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2012-01-30/eagles-groom-sons-of-guns

Carlton
http://m.carltonfc.com.au/news/2013-07-18/son-of-a-gun

Last edited:

HFC Official

Official Account
Verified Account
Oct 18, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thanks for answering my question but I'm a bit confused can I ask this what do North melb do as they have one called Like father like son and Essendon have the James Hird academy and west coast and Carlton having one also.

North Melbourne
http://m.nmfc.com.au/video/2014-04-17/fatherson-academy-watch

Essendon
http://m.essendonfc.com.au/team/james-hird-academy

West Coast
http://m.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2012-01-30/eagles-groom-sons-of-guns

Carlton
http://m.carltonfc.com.au/news/2013-07-18/son-of-a-gun

Some AFL have changed since those articles were published. There is an age limit on when Club's can access players and in some of those examples, the children they are working with are quite young and below the threshold.

The Club does look into international and non-traditional AFL areas which we are permitted to do although some of these areas, like Ireland for instance, also have recruiting rules implemented by the AFL.

HFC Official

Official Account
Verified Account
Oct 18, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't know why a Brisbane supporter would apply for the Perth or Adelaide game when the chances are nil and none of getting one. As for them being premium tickets, I'm afraid I don't buy that as here in Perth they are behind the goals looking directly into the sun (and before anyone decides to have a go and criticise me because I dare have an opinion in a grand final year, I'm well aware that's out of the clubs control)

The three game membership does sound like a better alternative but it will now have to be the following season as I have already paid for 2015.

I can assure you that every member in South Australia who applied for a ticket last year was successful in receiving one. We were just pointing out that as an interstate member the option is there to apply for a game in a different state, obviously pending availability in the state. As a member in WA, you can apply for one of the SA games if you'd prefer.

You'd be surprised about what we are charged from the competing Clubs for the away allocations. It does change for every ground but they have the right to choose the price point and where the away allocation is located.

If you want to downgrade after you've already paid, we can always refund you the difference and downgrade.

Thanks,
HFC Official

Thanks HFC official but no, it's paid and I'm happy to leave it at that. My comment re: premium allocation was not directed at the HFC but at the WAFC (eagles and dockers) and with the advent of a new stadium I don't expect that to get any better as someone will have to pay for it.
I understand that prices can't remain the same, but it's the not being able to get a ticket that continues to cause frustration - it could be worse, I could live in Queensland.

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't know why a Brisbane supporter would apply for the Perth or Adelaide game when the chances are nil and none of getting one. As for them being premium tickets, I'm afraid I don't buy that as here in Perth they are behind the goals looking directly into the sun (and before anyone decides to have a go and criticise me because I dare have an opinion in a grand final year, I'm well aware that's out of the clubs control)

The three game membership does sound like a better alternative but it will now have to be the following season as I have already paid for 2015.
Are interstate members able to use their membership to get into a game here in Melbourne?
I know not all would be able to travel down, but you would have no problems getting in if you picked the right match to attend!

I must say I really admire all of you interstate members who continue to buy memberships even with the real possibility of not being able to get to a game even when the Hawks travel to your neck of the woods!

Yes we are Steven Tyler, in fact I'm coming across for the rd 1 game. I do wish it to be noted that I am yet to attend a winning game in Melbourne. Apologies in advance

Yes we are Steven Tyler, in fact I'm coming across for the rd 1 game. I do wish it to be noted that I am yet to attend a winning game in Melbourne. Apologies in advance

I will be waiting at the airport ready to stop you then... why you'd choose a Geelong game to screw us all over is beyond me! :confused:

Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.
I will be waiting at the airport ready to stop you then... why you'd choose a Geelong game to screw us all over is beyond me! :confused:

Have you been joining the scum supporters with your head in the sand AS? Haven't you heard the curse is over, kaput, finished no more, probably done a 360. Welcome to the game CP.

HFC Official

Official Account
Verified Account
Oct 18, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi Hawthorn FC Official.

I was wondering if the club is going to do a Grand Final recall on the 2014 Premiership win on the Fox Footy channel?

Hi WWSD,

Good timing on your question, it was actually filmed in here at the Ricoh Centre yesterday and will be aired on Fox Footy at the start of the season.

Cheers,
HFC Official

Hi HFC Official

The time has come around again to allocate guernsey numbers. Are we able to shelve Number 36 forever?

Take a look at recent history of players to wear that number:

Kennedy - leaves the club to become a star for the enemy
Bailey - 3 knee recos
Woodward - 2 knee recos
Wanganeen - delisted after one year in the number

And it just gets worse if you go back in time.

I am sure I have the support of the entire supporter base when I say the club should mothball this number.

Please consider.

Arupist

HFC Official

Official Account
Verified Account
Oct 18, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi HFC Official

The time has come around again to allocate guernsey numbers. Are we able to shelve Number 36 forever?

Take a look at recent history of players to wear that number:

Kennedy - leaves the club to become a star for the enemy
Bailey - 3 knee recos
Woodward - 2 knee recos
Wanganeen - delisted after one year in the number

And it just gets worse if you go back in time.

I am sure I have the support of the entire supporter base when I say the club should mothball this number.

Please consider.

Arupist

Hi Arupist,

Thanks for your feedback and recommendation on the #36 guernsey.

The number has been allocated for 2015 and will be unveiled later this week.

Thanks,
HFC Official

Hi Arupist,

Thanks for your feedback and recommendation on the #36 guernsey.

The number has been allocated for 2015 and will be unveiled later this week.

Thanks,
HFC Official

This is not the first time the issue of #36 has been raised. Whether you believe in the curse or not, it behoves the club to listen. The fans don't want it allocated to ANYONE.

We give back #1. Use it instead.

This is not the first time the issue of #36 has been raised. Whether you believe in the curse or not, it behoves the club to listen. The fans don't want it allocated to ANYONE.

We give back #1. Use it instead.

I'm pretty sure someone will raise this at the AGM.

mustang

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds United
Hi just watched the new jumper numbers on the website I think you missed a player as if Howe has 41 what number does Sicily have now.

Back