Official Club Stuff Official Hawthorn Club Account on Big Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi HFC Official,

I noticed a sheet on facebook that has been atributed to Luke Hodge congratulating the supporter base on reaching 70,000 members. In light of recent press conferences, IF the page is in fact from Luke Hodge, I'd like to point out that he successfully used the following adjectives in the missive.

first, amazing, new, free, important, thick, thin, proud, constant, similar, great, brown, gold, possible.

These are all the adjectives he used. He needs to know, that even coming from Colac, he can do adjectival things with the best of them.

Hi HFC Official,

I noticed a sheet on facebook that has been atributed to Luke Hodge congratulating the supporter base on reaching 70,000 members. In light of recent press conferences, IF the page is in fact from Luke Hodge, I'd like to point out that he successfully used the following adjectives in the missive.

first, amazing, new, free, important, thick, thin, proud, constant, similar, great, brown, gold, possible.

These are all the adjectives he used. He needs to know, that even coming from Colac, he can do adjectival things with the best of them.
Even a few 3 syllable words in there!

Hi HFC Official,

The thing is that Hodgey didn't know they were adjectives.

Or English words.

Hi HFC Official,

Firstly, please don't think I'm having a winge here. I'm more curious.

Just wondering what the reasoining behind the jumpers at last weeks game against North Melbourne. In the past we've been pretty intent on wearing our inverse stirp at all away games since 2013 providing it doesn't cause a clash and force us to wear our clash top. Yet at last weekends away game we ran out in our home colours. Now as I said before, I'm not having a winge and I would much rather see us in our home kit full time but in our round 2 away game against Essendon and roud 4 game agains Port which both have a dark home kit, we wore our brown away kit. The AFL might not recognize this as a clash in their rule book but when whatching those games on TV, when the colour of the players shorts determine which side is which more than the colour of their guernseys, that is a clash in my books.
However, where the match against North in their lighter kit would have been a perfect oppertunity to wear the brown kit and not clash for once, we ended up running out in the standard home kit. Now I'm aware that North's white top and our white shorts could be considered to clash in some proples eyes, hence them wearing the away shorts as is common practice for those clubs with a white base for a home top occasionally.

Considiering, we have decided to go the brown on much more illogical occasions as i mentioned before, I would really like to know if there was a reason other than someone saying "you know what? let's wear our home kit just for the sake of it".

Again, more than happy to see us in the home colours more often. Just very curious.

Thanks

Dear HFC Official,

Many is the occasion where I (and I'm damn sure, many others...) would like to directly communicate with 'the AFL' to express my opinion / dissatisfaction / pleasure on some aspect of our fine game. However, the tricky buggers seem to have deliberately (?) made that difficult for the average footy-loving punter to do. The one 'contact us' page I could find on AFL.com.au seems more geared to contacting bl00dy telstra with techo issues.

Are you able to provide an email address or even an old school postal address which we can use to communicate with the custodians of AFL footy?

Hoping you can help.

IidiotBox

Hi HFC Official,

Firstly, please don't think I'm having a winge here. I'm more curious.

Just wondering what the reasoining behind the jumpers at last weeks game against North Melbourne. In the past we've been pretty intent on wearing our inverse stirp at all away games since 2013 providing it doesn't cause a clash and force us to wear our clash top. Yet at last weekends away game we ran out in our home colours. Now as I said before, I'm not having a winge and I would much rather see us in our home kit full time but in our round 2 away game against Essendon and roud 4 game agains Port which both have a dark home kit, we wore our brown away kit. The AFL might not recognize this as a clash in their rule book but when whatching those games on TV, when the colour of the players shorts determine which side is which more than the colour of their guernseys, that is a clash in my books.
However, where the match against North in their lighter kit would have been a perfect oppertunity to wear the brown kit and not clash for once, we ended up running out in the standard home kit. Now I'm aware that North's white top and our white shorts could be considered to clash in some proples eyes, hence them wearing the away shorts as is common practice for those clubs with a white base for a home top occasionally.

Considiering, we have decided to go the brown on much more illogical occasions as i mentioned before, I would really like to know if there was a reason other than someone saying "you know what? let's wear our home kit just for the sake of it".

Again, more than happy to see us in the home colours more often. Just very curious.

Thanks

Thanks for your question yamupetau.

The club makes a decision in conjunction with the AFL on which guernsey we wear for each match.

The decision to wear the home guernsey with brown shorts instead of the away guernsey in Round 5 was one made with the AFL and North Melbourne, who gave us the option to wear it due to their 1975 anniversary.

We will wear the new clash guernsey this weekend for the first time.

Thanks,
HFC Official

Dear HFC Official,

Many is the occasion where I (and I'm damn sure, many others...) would like to directly communicate with 'the AFL' to express my opinion / dissatisfaction / pleasure on some aspect of our fine game. However, the tricky buggers seem to have deliberately (?) made that difficult for the average footy-loving punter to do. The one 'contact us' page I could find on AFL.com.au seems more geared to contacting bl00dy telstra with techo issues.

Are you able to provide an email address or even an old school postal address which we can use to communicate with the custodians of AFL footy?

Hoping you can help.

IidiotBox

Thanks for the question IidiotBox.

Your best bet is to try general@afl.com.au. I'm not sure how often it's checked or monitored but it's the only one we can find.

Cheers,
HFC Official

Dear HFC Official,

Hoping you can help.

IidiotBox

I agree entirely. I tried contacting the AFL several times both via email and through the Telstra 'contact us' link to report a problem a year or so ago and NEVER received one single reply. So much for accountability! In desperation I contacted the VFL explaining my problem but they simply referred me to the same email I had already used for the AFL that received no response.

Edit: The email I used was the same as the one provided by HFC Official above.

Last edited:
I agree entirely. I tried contacting the AFL several times both via email and through the Telstra 'contact us' link to report a problem a year or so ago and NEVER received one single reply. So much for accountability! In desperation I contacted the VFL explaining my problem but they simply referred me to the same email I had already used for the AFL that received no response.

Gillion (to his PA): "How many complaints in our complaints box, this week?"
PA: "Uhh... we don't have a complaints box, sir."
Gillion: "So what you're telling me is that we have no complaints?"
PA: "Uhh... I guess."
Gillion (leaning back in chair): "Excellent. The game has never been in better shape!"

Simple

Try gmclachlan@afl.com.au

Deductive reasoning and all that :)

Hi Symons,

We think we've now found a resolution for this issue, let us know if it's now working ok for you.

Thanks,
HFC Official

Hi HFC Official

Thanks so much for sorting this! Sorry for the delayed response; I've been on holiday - but yes, it all works brilliantly now! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi HFC Official

I posted this in another thread and it appears the answer is that there was an unofficial change in the words to the club song. Can you confirm what are the correct words to the song and is it possible that it is reconciled so that there is only one version? Personally happy with either 'PLAY' or 'ARE' but we should have only one version (just like Highlander - there can be only one!).

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/video/2015-05-16/team-song-hawthorn

I was listening to the players sing the song after the match and I think they have it wrong but want a second opinion.

From what I can hear it sounds like the players sing 'one for all and all for one is the way we ARE at hawthorn' where as the lyrics I always knew and which are published on the hawks website 'one for all and all for one is the way we PLAY at hawthorn'. Am I mishearing, got the words wrong or do the players really not know the words to the song??

Here are the lyrics:

http://m.hawthornfc.com.au/fans/club-song

Hi HFC Official

I posted this in another thread and it appears the answer is that there was an unofficial change in the words to the club song. Can you confirm what are the correct words to the song and is it possible that it is reconciled so that there is only one version? Personally happy with either 'PLAY' or 'ARE' but we should have only one version (just like Highlander - there can be only one!).

Don't encourage them to re-record the song! Remember that awful version they used to play in Tassie and on a few other occasions? :eek: I'm happy for the players to sing 'are' but do not want the official version changed in any way, shape or form!

Hi HFC Official

is it possible to buy the below polo's somehow? I can't see these listed for sale on the hawks nest website.
92069_c8b55cdfa43b7d44dca057779c4f248e.jpeg

Hi HFC Official

Hi Brishawk,

We'll chat to a few people and try and get an answer for you.

Thanks,
HFC Official

Hi HFC Official

is it possible to buy the below polo's somehow? I can't see these listed for sale on the hawks nest website.
92069_c8b55cdfa43b7d44dca057779c4f248e.jpeg

Hi Finley Hawk,

HawksNest are out of stock of that polo in their distribution centre which is why it isn't available online. You can try HawksNest Waverley or Glenferrie to see if they have any stock left but they have told me there arent many remaining.

Best to call them on 9535 3011 or email hawksnest@hawthornfc.com.au to confirm.

Thanks,
HFC Official

Don't encourage them to re-record the song! Remember that awful version they used to play in Tassie and on a few other occasions? :eek: I'm happy for the players to sing 'are' but do not want the official version changed in any way, shape or form!

Is that the same version they played in the 2008 GF? Twas awful.

During a final or season opener I would love to have our theme sung live and accompanied by a huge marching band.

Is that the same version they played in the 2008 GF? Twas awful.

During a final or season opener I would love to have our theme sung live and accompanied by a huge marching band.

Like US marching band style? Dunno...

a friend wanted to send an email to the club and i gave him the following

Ricoh Centre, Waverley Park
Stadium Circuit Mulgrave VIC 3170
PO Box 829 Mt Waverley VIC 3149
Telephone: 03 9535 3000
Fax: 03 9535 3050
Email: hawthorn@hawthornfc.com.au

hope that email was the right one if there was a different one that i should have given him ?? let me know it wasn't membership related

a friend wanted to send an email to the club and i gave him the following

Ricoh Centre, Waverley Park
Stadium Circuit Mulgrave VIC 3170
PO Box 829 Mt Waverley VIC 3149
Telephone: 03 9535 3000
Fax: 03 9535 3050
Email: hawthorn@hawthornfc.com.au

hope that email was the right one if there was a different one that i should have given him ?? let me know it wasn't membership related

Hi Hawks Heroes,

That email address is fine and will be responded to or passed onto the relevant person as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
HFC Official

Hi Brishawk,

We certainly have not.

After speaking to Peter Haby the club historian, he has confirmed that the correct wording is 'PLAY' which is listed on the club song page here: http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/fans/club-song

We appreciate you letting us know.

Thanks,
HFC Official
Thanks HFC Official but what I really want to know is why do the players sing an alternative line?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back